An Adventure into Walt's Wonderful World-a pre-trip report New 12/17

Oh man I can't wait to hear about those reviews! Those Mickey beignets look amazing. What are pommes frites? They look like garlic fries.
:mickeyjum Are any of those character meals?

i love to read about the othe rpart of the world, cant wait to hear about your DLR adventure, since you have 2 bags, u can always give me the extra one.

:goodvibes

just kidding

Hi! I just finished reading your Halloween/Birthday cruise TR and it was really great.

I see you are now getting ready to embark on a fabulous ABD trip. I would love to do Backstage Magic, also. I just returned from ABD Discovery Down Under and am looking forward to my very first cruise. I know you will have a teriffic time with ABD/DLR and I can't wait to read all about it.

CHEERS!:goodvibes

Ok, so at 34 days to go until we leave here's what I have left to do......

1. Call Nov 14th for Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour reservations
2. Arrange transportation back to LAX from Grand Californian since we are staying extra nights ABD doesn't do this for us
3. Go to Disney Visa & DVC websites to make sure I have the info for any discounts we can take advantage of at DL
4. Transfer points to Disney Visa Rewards Card
5. Print out all my tidbits of info that I have compiled into a word document & directions to the places we are going to visit the morning before the tour starts when we have the rental car
6. Make lists....packing list, don't forget list, address list for postcards & get postcard stamps
7. Get cards, candy & make xmas ornaments for ABD guides
8. Charge batteries & get all camera stuff together
9. Clean house & get the :dog: ready to go see Grandma & Grandpa
10. PACK!!!!!!!!!
10 1/2. Pick up Wendy
11. Go on the Disney Lover's trip of a lifetime & have a BLAST

Oops! You forgot a step, but don't worry, I fixed it for you.

:rolleyes1

Well, you inspired me. I went out this morning to do some campaign calling and I stopped by our local bakery and bought things that I DEFINITELY did not need! Cupcake or caramel roll anybody?
I would love one but that would not be good for my pre Disneyland crash diet.:lmao:

Great choices for must-try foods. You are just like me! Tigger tails are fabulous! My mouth is watering just thinking about that one! Everything you have for Cafe Orleans is exactly what we get. The Pommes Frites....YUMMY!!! The bread bowl....good stuff too. You will also enjoy Steakhouse 55. The food and service is excellent there. Don't forget a churro and a dole whip at the Tiki Room.
Oh yes...........Note to self Dole Whip is a necessity.!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man I can't wait to hear about those reviews! Those Mickey beignets look amazing. What are pommes frites? They look like garlic fries.
:mickeyjum Are any of those character meals?
Pomme frites are french fries with a special dipping sauce.......yummo...or so I have read.
Yes, Plaza Inn, Goofy's Kitchen & Storyteller's are all character meals. :banana:

i love to read about the othe rpart of the world, cant wait to hear about your DLR adventure, since you have 2 bags, u can always give me the extra one.

:goodvibes

just kidding
:welcome: Dan. You are always trying to steal my stuff.....last year it was my Don "Ducky" Williams :donald: drawing.....this year you want my bag. You silly boy. Glad you decided to read along about the Motherland trip.

Hi! I just finished reading your Halloween/Birthday cruise TR and it was really great.

I see you are now getting ready to embark on a fabulous ABD trip. I would love to do Backstage Magic, also. I just returned from ABD Discovery Down Under and am looking forward to my very first cruise. I know you will have a teriffic time with ABD/DLR and I can't wait to read all about it.

CHEERS!:goodvibes
:welcome: beans. Thanks for reading my trippie from last year. It was really the best birthday every.
Ohhhhhhhhh I want to do the Discovery Down Under.....how was it? I have always wanted to go to Australia. Are you writing a report?

Oops! You forgot a step, but don't worry, I fixed it for you.

:rolleyes1
Thanks for pointing that out to me Wendy :rolleyes1!!!!!!!!!!!

HI Melanie!

Brilliant pre-trippie so far and your plans sound incredible - what a trip! That would be a dream come true for me too!
A belated "Happy Halloween Birthday!" to you (my DH also has a Halloween birthday and had a great birthday on the Magic last week!)
Looking forward to reading more ........

:welcome: beans. Thanks for reading my trippie from last year. It was really the best birthday every.
Ohhhhhhhhh I want to do the Discovery Down Under.....how was it? I have always wanted to go to Australia. Are you writing a report?

You should definitely consider the ABD Discovery Down Under. For us, it was a trip of a lifetime. I wanted to do a trip report for it, but I think writing a good TR is a talent and I happen to lack the magical TR gene or something. I did write a bit on the ABD board about my experience, but you will find with ABD, some things may be subject to circumstance and there are some unexpected surprises along the way and I would hate for anyone to go and be disappointed that they didn't experience something that we did. Also, my favorite parts of the trip were things I had not read about. The mystery is part of the fun. Since everything is so well-planned for you, you really don't need to know a lot and do a lot of research in order to enjoy the trip. It is the vacation-equivalent of floating down a lazy river. I didn't know how I would like relinquishing the reins, since I am the travel planner for my family, but honestly, it was wonderful!

Enjoy those pommes frites and tigger tails! I will be headed down for some myself in February!

hey i will go after free stuff anywhere i can get it.
:laughing: :thumbsup2
:donald: Yes Dan I know. Tell me about this sunshine credit thing.....sounds like something I need to check in to so I can get more free stuff too!

HI Melanie!

Brilliant pre-trippie so far and your plans sound incredible - what a trip! That would be a dream come true for me too!
A belated "Happy Halloween Birthday!" to you (my DH also has a Halloween birthday and had a great birthday on the Magic last week!)
Looking forward to reading more ........
Hey Sarah :wave: Glad you are here to join me. Thanks for the belated bday wishes. I am so glad your DH got to have his Halloween Bday aboard the Magic. It was my best birthday ever so I hope his was just as good.

You should definitely consider the ABD Discovery Down Under. For us, it was a trip of a lifetime. I wanted to do a trip report for it, but I think writing a good TR is a talent and I happen to lack the magical TR gene or something. I did write a bit on the ABD board about my experience, but you will find with ABD, some things may be subject to circumstance and there are some unexpected surprises along the way and I would hate for anyone to go and be disappointed that they didn't experience something that we did. Also, my favorite parts of the trip were things I had not read about. The mystery is part of the fun. Since everything is so well-planned for you, you really don't need to know a lot and do a lot of research in order to enjoy the trip. It is the vacation-equivalent of floating down a lazy river. I didn't know how I would like relinquishing the reins, since I am the travel planner for my family, but honestly, it was wonderful!

Enjoy those pommes frites and tigger tails! I will be headed down for some myself in February!
I know I have concerns about traveling in a group & giving up control as well as I am a huge planner, but from all I have read I think it will be a great experience. Going places like Europe & Australia with ABD & not having to do all the arranging definetly sounds like heaven.
Tigger tails...........I can't wait. :tigger:

I will be back later with an update.

The pomme frites are excellent. I tried them back in February. I also got a free Mickey beignet for my birthday. Also quite good.

First the bad news.
I got the muppet shirt yesterday in the mail & it was tiny.I had failed to notice it was a juniors shirt because I was so excited to have found a muppets shirt. The ebay seller is kind enough to take it back so I mailed it back to her today as I couldn't even think about wearing it. I saw a few Muppets things at Walmart today too, but guess what they are Juniors as well..........don't they think grown up ladies like Kermit & Animal too?????
So, I think I am giving up my quest for a cool Muppets t shirt as I cannot find anything on-line that I like or doesn't cost an extra 10$ to ship.

Now on with the good news........
My Kermit ornament arrived today & it is sooooooooooo cute. Perfect.
100_4413.jpg
I already added my banner to it.

The other good news is.......
I got mail from ABD today. It was just a confirmation for the pre-night stay I added on but still it was Disney mail.

Also thanks to a wonderful DISer I think I have found the perfect place for us to have lunch on the day we are going to have the rental car & go to see the sites. The food might not be as good as Porto's Beth, but it has a Walt connection. Going to keep this one under my hat as a girl has to keep some things secret.

In non-related news....
It's fall in Tennessee. See the pretty colors I see when I look out my kitchen window.
100_4399.jpg

And this is what my dog does while I DIS which she thinks is my way of ignoring her which she doesn't like.
100_4402.jpg

AND even further under there....she woke up as I walked in with the camera darn it.
100_4404.jpg

Next up.........
Must do's.

Nice update. I've been threatening to start my August TR for weeks now. I might even do it tonight. :scared1:

Have you tried zazzle.com for custom muppet t-shirts? I know they have Star Wars and Disney on there. I haven't check the muppets.

Nice update. I've been threatening to start my August TR for weeks now. I might even do it tonight. :scared1:

Have you tried zazzle.com for custom muppet t-shirts? I know they have Star Wars and Disney on there. I haven't check the muppets.
They do have a few muppets designs but none that really excite me. I was wanting one with a few characters on it & they seem to have mostly single designs. Oh well. Thanks for the suggestion though. :thumbsup2
Yes, please start your report about the El Cap Sleeping Beauty experience. :worship:

Gotcha.

I always like to make my trip reports detailed, which can work against me in writing them since I try to write each chapter in one fell swoop. I want to finish this report up before I leave in less than a month, so that should motivate me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter