amtrak..get off in orlando or kissimmee?

disney_girl125

Mouseketeer
Which one do you do and why? I'll be staying at all star movies so I don't know if ones alot closer then the other. I did Orlando last year just because it gets there sooner and leaves later. But, it was so busy getting off. And going home was crazy. I was there early, but when it came to line up and get on the train, well people just went right past me. It was just me and 3 kids.

I've used both and don't really have a preference. Kissemee is closer to the Epcot area resorts, but it doesn't necessarily mean you will get to your hotel any faster since you are on the train for another 30 minutes from Orlando to Kissemee.

Which one do you do and why? I'll be staying at all star movies so I don't know if ones alot closer then the other. I did Orlando last year just because it gets there sooner and leaves later. But, it was so busy getting off. And going home was crazy. I was there early, but when it came to line up and get on the train, well people just went right past me. It was just me and 3 kids.

Depending on where in PA you are have you considered the auto train? It leaves from Lorton, VA every day at 4:00 and you load your car on the train, get on, eat, sleep, eat breakfast and you arrive in Sanford usually by about 9:00 a.m. No stops in between except to change crews in South Carolina I believe. Costs are probably higher than straight train fare but you do have your car when you get there AND you can pack more stuff to take with you! You can either purchase coach seats or sleeper accommodations. Takes about 45 - 50 minutes to get to Disney from Sanford. And the station you come into is only the auto train - no other trains stop there!

Yeah, Orlando is first but it's chaos....es[ecia;;y for boarding going home.....we've watched the long lines waiting to board, as you know, it's one by one and most people are hauling a suitcase or somthing that slows down the process......so standing out in the Florida heat waiting to board is terrible...

Kissimmee, next stop south of Orlando, 20 minutes at the most.....most of the people going to WDW got off in Orlando and just a few get off in Kissimmee, same for boarding, so easy.....no long lines.....

And as for using the Auto Train, why pay to board your car when you can rent one cheaper in Florida than what the car train fee is...just use regular Amtrak from your location and skip the car fee.....we've never rented or used a car in WDW in 46 trips...even when we used to drive to WDW, it sat in the lot.....it's just an added expense....

We are leaving from Newark, Penn Station and arriving in Kissimmee in May.
We are staying at the Polynesian. Could anyone tell me who can take us to our hotel? Been calling many services and they cannot accomodate our daughters' wheelchair. It will be 5 of us including her in her wheelchair. Starting to get stressed that we will be stranded and should have made Orlando our get off point. Thanks for all your help on these boards.

Janny

I have no idea if they can help you or not but, i'm using Tiffany town car in June. I heard alot of good reviews on this board, i've never used them. I know they have vans, so maybe they could??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter