Amerisuites Opinions Please!!

Emme

DIS Veteran
I just booked a King Suite at the Amerisuites Calypso Cay Way for $39.50 from Aug. 18-27 with the Entertainment Card! I am thrilled! We were very undecided on where to stay but this just seems way to good to pass up;)

I know there has been alot about CI&S at CCW but please share any info you have about the Amerisuites...good or bad. We have our own car and it is me, DH, and 14 year old DS.

My main concern is how long it takes to drive to WDW...Please any info at all!

Thanks!

Emmy :wave

I stayed at Amerisuites in May and I have reservations there for 4 nights at the end of August. It's a strange situation because I enjoyed my stay in May but I keep thinking about changing my stay for August to somewhere else. The hotel is new and clean. We had a king suite w/ a pupll out sofa. The kitchen area was sufficient for what we needed. We never cooked, just used the fridge. I asked for a ground floor room and was given it w/out a problem. The main pool is not exactly what I had in mind but nice just the same. They refer to it as a "water park" type pool which is way overboard. It has a small winding slide, a few crabs that spray water and zero depth entry. There is a small snack bar at the pool but it wasn't open in May - don't know if it's open yet or not. Free mini golf course was basic but fun once. Breakfast buffet was good I thought (cereals, juices, muffins, bagels, premade waffles & french toast you could heat up in microwave, fruit, fruit salad & coffee). There are 3 quick ways to Disney (Rte 192 which is 1/2 mile up the street, Rte 535 which is the road the hotel is on, or a toll road (50 cents) right outside the hotel off Rte 535. Using either of the 3 you will be on Disney property with in 5- 10 minutes - and then another 5 - 10 miutes to a park. Overall I would recommend this hotel. Basically I think my problem is being spoiled by on site hotels and even hotels right outside (We like Sheraton Safari). If this hotel was anywhere else I would highly recommend it but there is nothing "MAGIC" about it. Hope I helped.

Please post about your experience at Amerisuites Calypso Cay when you return. I have ressies for 4 nights there in Jan (followed by AKL-depending on codes). I agree with you, the rate is just too darn good to pass up. I like the fact that it is very new.

Disneyspells- thanks for the info. It sounds like just what I expected. I feel like the free breakfast alone will be worth it, but I am like you in that I am hesitant to stay off site. The ASMo was so incredibly crowded and noisy on my last trip, that I really feel the need to find a different "budget" hotel. Thanks for the info on getting to Disney, also!:)

Thanks Disneyspells...We are there Aug.18-27, when are you going? Maybe we will see you there!

The hotel sounds fine for the $39.00 we are paying and if anyone else has any info...Please post! Thanks!

Emmy:) :D

Your welcome, glad I could help. We have stayed at alot of Disney resorts including the All Stars Sports, where we stayed for 2 nights last year prior to staying at the Boardwalk Inn. I would stay at the Amerisuites before I would stay at AS Sports again. The rate at the AS Sports is great but we didn't like the resort (small rooms, crowded & noisy). For $39.00/night including a kitchenette and breakfast, Amerisuites can't be beat. The staff is very nice also. Aside from being 3-4 miles away from Disney the only other problem I had was there is no on site restaurant and/or pool bar. We brought our own food and drink to the pool area which was fine and cheaper I might add but it's just not the same as having nice frozen cocktails served w/ cute little umbrellas in them. We are staying at the Beach Club 8/22 thru 8/29 and then onto Amerisuites for the last 4 nights (8/29 thru 9/2). We split the time at resorts to save a little money but usually we stay off site for 3-4 days then on-site for 6-7 days. This year we are doing it the opposite - which I know I will regret. I love to end the vacation on-site but due to friends already being booked at the BC for 8/22 thru 8/29 we wanted to stay the same dates. Now that I told you more than you really wanted to know I will stop boring you. All in all, if you don't mind the cons I've noted and you want to save a few bucks I think you will be happy w/ Amerisuites.

We've stayed at various Amerisuites around the country and have enjoyed every stay we've experienced. Many of the hotels are relatively new and the staff has always been friendly and helpful. The free breakfast buffet is a definite perk. In addition, there usually is a kitchenette with microwave, sink, refrigerator, and cupboard (with plates, glasses, silverware, etc.) in each suite.

We have ressies to stay at the LBV Amerisuites in the fall - looking forward to it. Thanks for the info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter