American Idol filming at Aulani in early 2024?

We are there Feb 5-10 and did not receive any notice that anything was going on. We are DVC so I don’t know if that has anything to do with us not being notified. We do not care one bit for AI so I am dreading the whole thing.
Hi Jam,
I'll be there from the 5-10th as well. We'll be out sightseeing on the 6th. After that we'll just be lounging around the resort. Hopefully, it won't be as bad as it sounds. But it was too late to cancel (I'm DVC, too,) and if I cancelled, I'd still have to use my points by Feb. 29th (as I have a March use year). So we'll make the best of it. Any day in Hawaii beats the 25 degrees I'm in now! :)

Hi Jam,
I'll be there from the 5-10th as well. We'll be out sightseeing on the 6th. After that we'll just be lounging around the resort. Hopefully, it won't be as bad as it sounds. But it was too late to cancel (I'm DVC, too,) and if I cancelled, I'd still have to use my points by Feb. 29th (as I have a March use year). So we'll make the best of it. Any day in Hawaii beats the 25 degrees I'm in now! :)
Maybe we will see you around! :)

I received an email today from DVC informing me that if I want to be in the audience I can send an email to the people in charge of audience members and they will "send a priority entrance ticket."

Tapings are 7 and 8 Feb (as mentioned before)
Email was sent to me 2 Feb
Email to request tickets is due "before 5 Feb"
Party size up to 8.

Taping is scheduled for 4:30pm to 8:30pm and you are asked to attend the entire thing.

We aren't willing to spend that much time on American Idol, but I thought I would document this anyway. It was nice of them to ask at least.

Here right now and other than cleaning up the grounds and some *spit and polish* going on, haven't seen anything for American Idol yet. All the grounds work clean up though exposed a number of menehune hiding we didn't see earlier in the trip.

I received an email today from DVC informing me that if I want to be in the audience I can send an email to the people in charge of audience members and they will "send a priority entrance ticket."

Tapings are 7 and 8 Feb (as mentioned before)
Email was sent to me 2 Feb
Email to request tickets is due "before 5 Feb"
Party size up to 8.

Taping is scheduled for 4:30pm to 8:30pm and you are asked to attend the entire thing.

We aren't willing to spend that much time on American Idol, but I thought I would document this anyway. It was nice of them to ask at least.
Oh wow, I am DVC and didn’t as of yet receive this email. What email did you respond to. We made this trip specifically to see American Idol!! Definitely want to be in the audience!! Thanks!

Oh wow, I am DVC and didn’t as of yet receive this email. What email did you respond to. We made this trip specifically to see American Idol!! Definitely want to be in the audience!! Thanks!
We have not received the email either and Aulani is one of our home resorts.

We get there tomorrow
Well, if you really want to see the filming ( I wouldn’t, but, whatever) you could call them right now. It’s several hours earlier. But if today is Feb. 4, you won’t be at Aulani for two days, right? Are you staying the first night somewhere else?

Well, if you really want to see the filming ( I wouldn’t, but, whatever) you could call them right now. It’s several hours earlier. But if today is Feb. 4, you won’t be at Aulani for two days, right? Are you staying the first night somewhere else?
I personally don’t want to see it… I would rather avoid it… hahaha I was just wondering why we didn’t get an email about it. ☺️ We leave from Orlando tomorrow morning and arrive at Aulani tomorrow early evening.

I personally don’t want to see it… I would rather avoid it… hahaha I was just wondering why we didn’t get an email about it. ☺️ We leave from Orlando tomorrow morning and arrive at Aulani tomorrow early evening.
Ah. Long flight! Am sure you’ll have a great time. We always do!

Ah. Have a fun trip! If you want to be in the audience, you could always call them directly or have the front desk give you tickets.
Thank you! I will definitely try to call ahead to see if I could possibly get tickets. I thought I saw something that said Aulani guests get priority tickets but who knows! lol

Thank you! I will definitely try to call ahead to see if I could possibly get tickets. I thought I saw something that said Aulani guests get priority tickets but who knows! lol
It’s a bit of a time commitment. You have to stand there for the duration, about 4 hours, amidst all the screaming. When we were there last year, we just hung out on the sidelines for a little while. The viewing angle isn’t so great, but it’s still fun, and you can wander away when you want to.

We definitely don’t want to ever be there again when AI is filming, but I’ve ranted enough about that in previous posts.

We’ve been here since Jan 23rd and leave Wednesday. I’ve had no issues with noise or American idol presence. We have not spent too much time at the beach and pools yesterday and today just because we had other stuff planned. We’ve had a fantastic vacation and the service here at the resort has been excellent.

We’ve been here since Jan 23rd and leave Wednesday. I’ve had no issues with noise or American idol presence. We have not spent too much time at the beach and pools yesterday and today just because we had other stuff planned. We’ve had a fantastic vacation and the service here at the resort has been excellent.
Our visit overlapped yours, we might have crossed paths! Except for one rainy day the vacation was perfect. Food, drink and service were excellent.

Sounds like you were smart to avoid all the hubbub these last few days. We had a tough time with the constant construction / rehearsal noise for several days, as well as the closure of the seating area in front of Ama Ama.

We’re planning a pool/beach day tomorrow. If it’s not relaxing then we’ll probably go to another lagoon. We took a walk around tonight and did see less beach chairs but I thought I still saw the ama ama seating. Our room is in the opposite tower so not utilizing that area this time.

Last year we had a 3 bedroom near the Four Seasons and it was not fun sitting outside in the morning with the deliveries at the 4 seasons. Beep beep backups were very annoying. I haven’t heard that too much this time and when I have it hasn’t bothered me. Must be a the right place at the right time this year.

Our visit overlapped yours, we might have crossed paths! Except for one rainy day the vacation was perfect. Food, drink and service were excellent.
I’m sure we did. I totally agree with your opinion on the food and service. The food here has been fresh, tasty and in comparison to eating out at home, Aulani food is not expensive but this time we’re also blown away by the service. Staff are genuinely friendly and welcoming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter