American Idol filming at Aulani in early 2024?

Filming ended on 2/8. It should've been cleaned-up by 2/10.
It was. The stage was completely removed by about 9pm on the 9th. Aulani CMs were standing by with beach loungers, as soon as the film crew left, they went to work putting loungers on the beach where the stage was.

We were there until 2/3 there was nothing going on those early dates other than a bit more grounds maintenance than usual. For those in the future expect more of a disturbance those last 5-6 days than those first few days.
Yeah I got those dates from an email I think. We didn’t arrive until 2/6 and by then everything was in full swing with practices (practices, etc). Thankfully we got a few days of peace and quiet afterwards.

Yeah I got those dates from an email I think. We didn’t arrive until 2/6 and by then everything was in full swing with practices (practices, etc). Thankfully we got a few days of peace and quiet afterwards.
Last year we were there, by chance, during the filming and really hated it.

We were there 2/7-2/12. I never received an email before our visit about the AI filming. When we checked in they gave us a notice and I complained a bit, but they just said sorry. We had a room facing the luau so that was a big positive. We watched some of the rehearsals and some of the taping from outside of the event. We could have been in the audience but didn't want to spend that much time there or stand the whole time. I would much prefer to be there when no outside events are going on, but I do think this was less intrusive than the other events that I experienced there. They put the stage off center on the beach so you still had a partial view of the lagoon and there were still some chairs on the beach. I was impressed that they took the whole stage down in one day, which is the day we chose to go around the island, so we missed all the noise from that. The next 3 days were nice when everything was back to normal.
Aulani AI Stage on Beach.jpg
Aulani AI Stage 2.jpg
Aulani AI Stage.jpg

Is this the 5th season they’ve filmed at Aulani? By this point most Aulani regulars should have an idea that late Jan/early Feb might conflict with Idol filming.

Is this the 5th season they’ve filmed at Aulani? By this point most Aulani regulars should have an idea that late Jan/early Feb might conflict with Idol filming.
We won’t go in Feb anymore after our experience with AI last year. This year we went mid Jan. The weather and ocean temp were fantastic.

We were there 2/7-2/12. I never received an email before our visit about the AI filming. When we checked in they gave us a notice and I complained a bit, but they just said sorry. We had a room facing the luau so that was a big positive. We watched some of the rehearsals and some of the taping from outside of the event. We could have been in the audience but didn't want to spend that much time there or stand the whole time. I would much prefer to be there when no outside events are going on, but I do think this was less intrusive than the other events that I experienced there. They put the stage off center on the beach so you still had a partial view of the lagoon and there were still some chairs on the beach. I was impressed that they took the whole stage down in one day, which is the day we chose to go around the island, so we missed all the noise from that. The next 3 days were nice when everything was back to normal.
View attachment 835636
View attachment 835637
View attachment 835638
Thank you for posting these because I couldn't picture it since I don't watch AI.

Does anyone have a list of the past dates AI has been at Aulani? We are planning to book there for next February and this has me concerned as it is not something I would enjoy there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter