American Idol Experience

denman007

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
What is everyone's take on this at HS?

I used to watch this with my DD on Fox when she was younger? Who has seen one of the finally shows at HS? What did you think?

Thanks.

I've been in a finale show and also been in the audience for one as well. Really cool experience on both sides!

It's alright, not something on my must do list, but it's fun when you have some time to kill. It really depends on the contestants :thumbsup2

It's a fun show to see,obviously the finale is the best show to see since you'll get to see at least 5 contestants versus 3,I like to see an earlier show and then come back to the finale to see how the contestant that won the earlier show fares against the other competitors.I remember one time seeing this girl in the earlier show who was as good or better than a lot of professional singers out there,then we came back to see how she did in the finale and she blew everybody away.We goggled her name later that night and it turns out she was like a finalist in Panama's version of American Idol.Another time we saw the finale and then caught the boat to Epcot and the lady who won the finale was in the boat with us and apparently everybody in the boat was in the finale crowd as she got a standing ovation from the whole boat.

The finale show has the potential to be the most fun all day, or at least have the most talent. I've seen it twice, and there were four contestants the first time and only three the next (I think they had a really slow day).

The finale show has the potential to be the most fun all day, or at least have the most talent. I've seen it twice, and there were four contestants the first time and only three the next (I think they had a really slow day).

Wow only three in the final,I've never seen less than 5 but I'm sure 3 or 4 contestants can happen,even if there were 5 shows during the day and the winner of one of those shows has a 9pm flight or a dinner reservation it wouldn't be surprising they skip out on the finale.

I read that you must be 14. Do they enforce that rule? My daughter would love to sing there but she is just 12.

My daughter has done this a couple of times and it is a highlight of her WDW trips. It's a lot of fun being in the audience too; although its a little more tense when one of your own is up there...

I read that you must be 14. Do they enforce that rule? My daughter would love to sing there but she is just 12.

Yes, they enforce the age. She might be allowed to do the initial audition with the understanding that she will not be allowed on stage.

My kids (ages 11-6) like it because they get to vote for their favorite contestant. Anything interactive like that gets them interested.

My husband and I like it because it is A) Indoors and B) Seated (and seeing good singers is always fun).

We all love it! We watch it on tv as well though, so I knew my kids would probably enjoy it. And, of course, they really love it if their choice wins!

It has nice seats and is air conditioned. As PPers have said, the finale is the best. Just like the TV show, it can take for-ever to acutally "get anywhere." Lots of pauses and replays and "let's hype up the audience" stuff.

The shows are fun to see. My DS has tried out. Now, you have to understand...he has Down Syndrome and absolutely CANNOT sing. But his dream is to be a rock star. They have been great with him...one time even gave him a lot of time and a "Future Rock Star" certificate. They handled it so well that he wasn't even upset he didn't make it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter