American Girl sale through Chapters-Indigo?

StarSeven7

DIS Veteran
Has anyone seen a sale coupon be able to be used on the American Girls sold through Chapters-Indigo? My daughter wants an American Girl for Christmas and I'm trying to decide how I should purchase it to get the best price. My family is in Michigan so I could purchase it through the American Girl website and have it shipped there - I can get 25% off the doll today but in order to get free shipping I need to add on a few outfits which would be full price. When I search Google I can see that Chapters-Indigo has had 20% off American Girl sales on previous Cyber Monday years (or actually maybe right before Cyber Monday?) which would be a better deal for me over all since I could get 20% off everything, including outfits. But I'm not sure if I should gamble on them having a sale and pass up the 25% off sale today. Any insight? I'm not sure if Chapters-Indigo always runs that sale or not.

They had the sale the last two years. I bought tons of AG stuff on those days. Luckily, no more AG purchase this year (they are 100% Playmobil right now). Usually it's 1 day only and if I remember well, it was the Monday before black Friday so probably next Monday?!?

Ok thanks so much! Maybe I will take the gamble then and wait for that sale because that would be a better deal overall for me and then I don’t have to stress about getting it at my parents before I leave since we won’t be back until Christmas! Do you remember if you had to do anything special to get the sale? I’m already on their email list and I’ve been watching closely!

Last year I was able to double dip on the savings. I bought gift cards for 20% off at shoppers in October and used them to buy the dolls and outfits on sale. I also split my purchases up because they had a coupon for every purchase over $50 you got another coupon to use at a later date. They probably thought I was nuts, but I saved a bundle. I think the sale was the Monday before Black Friday as well. They email it to you and post on their social media. I just checked every day around this time.

Last year I was able to double dip on the savings. I bought gift cards for 20% off at shoppers in October and used them to buy the dolls and outfits on sale. I also split my purchases up because they had a coupon for every purchase over $50 you got another coupon to use at a later date. They probably thought I was nuts, but I saved a bundle. I think the sale was the Monday before Black Friday as well. They email it to you and post on their social media. I just checked every day around this time.
Thanks so much for the info!!! Fingers crossed that they do the same sale this year!!

You could also wait and buy Indigo gift cards through airmilesshops on black friday or cyber monday and get both multipliers. Then, turn around and shop again through the portal and buy the doll, etc with the gift cards. I did that last year when DD was heavily into Schleich horse sets.

You could also wait and buy Indigo gift cards through airmilesshops on black friday or cyber monday and get both multipliers. Then, turn around and shop again through the portal and buy the doll, etc with the gift cards. I did that last year when DD was heavily into Schleich horse sets.
Never thought about that! Do you just buy the gift cards through airmilesshops on the Indigo site? Do they run specials on Black Friday or do you just get additional bonus miles?

Never thought about that! Do you just buy the gift cards through airmilesshops on the Indigo site? Do they run specials on Black Friday or do you just get additional bonus miles?

You would get bonus miles. Buy electronic gift cards and email them to yourself. Also, if you are doing Shop The Block and spend over $100 it would be one partner offer.

Are Chapters indigo cards the only ones ten percent off or are other cards on sale too?

Based on their flyer this week, it’s only the chapters/indigo gift cards on sale.

ETA: Sorry, looks like rakuten kobo gift cards are also on sale 15% off, was looking at the flyer on my iPhone screen and missed it!

Last edited:
Wish I could have done some shopping but.... *looks over at the closet of red shopping bags* yeah I took care of that a few months ago... LOL I think it was a Plum points 5x sale day or something...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!