Amber Alert in Colorado - Jessica Ridgeway Murder - They got the monster

Thank You for the update, I don't get regular news. Prayers go out to the family, I hope they catch this person very quickly.:sad1:

Honestly, she looks like many other 10 year old girls. My daughter is 11 and by looking at Jessica's picture, she resembles at least 2 girls in my daughter's 6th grade class.

I think that may work against the police, since she's so "typical", kwim? There isn't anything about her that people would notice or stand out.

my neighbor's little girl looks very similar to her. i think about it every time i see her picture.

i really am praying that they find her alive. i hate to think that this body may be another child harmed though. it's just so sad. :sad1:

my neighbor's little girl looks very similar to her. i think about it every time i see her picture.

i really am praying that they find her alive. i hate to think that this body may be another child harmed though. it's just so sad. :sad1:

That's the problem with these situations. You hear they found a body and you immediately think, "Please don't be Jessica," but then you realize that if it isn't her, it is someone else that has likely suffered. It really is a no-win situation. I can't even imagine the emotions the mom must be going through. So sad.

I just got a text message from the news station that the blue station wagon with Colorado plates that was seen in the sightings of Jessica in Maine has been found abandoned in New Hampshire.

This story is so very sad. No matter whose body it is, it is someone's loss and its heartbreaking.

Since I heard about this story it made me think of the movie The Lovely Bones, which I just happened to watch for the first time this past weekend and it makes me sick to my stomach to think of. In the movie, the little girl is walking home from school through a field and that is where her abductor lures her.

I hate watching these types of movies but it was on regular TV and I got sucked in and now I can't get some of the images out of my mind. Maybe next time I will learn my lesson...

I just got a text message from the news station that the blue station wagon with Colorado plates that was seen in the sightings of Jessica in Maine has been found abandoned in New Hampshire.

Well, that is interesting. Where in NH?

They found the body in a field. They have not said if it is Jessica, nor have they said it was a child.

My fear is that this is not Jessica, but another victim and he has traded this person for Jessica.

ETA: The body was found in a field that there were at least 4 attempted assaults/abductions last year. The police even sent flyers around to neighbors last year.

Yes I live very close to the area of where the body has been found and the attempted abductions. My dd is in middle school here. Her and her friends have been doing the buddy system for quite a while now and constantly checking in with parents.

LisaR said:
That's the problem with these situations. You hear they found a body and you immediately think, "Please don't be Jessica," but then you realize that if it isn't her, it is someone else that has likely suffered. It really is a no-win situation. I can't even imagine the emotions the mom must be going through. So sad.

Exactly. My sister also made a good point last at least for her and her daughter. She said that if someone took my niece that she would Want them to kill her instantly (if that was their plan) then have her suffer and be scared and possibly be abused wondering where mommy is. I honestly hope it is Jessica for a couple of reasons. What I believe is she is in heaven pain free. She's not being used as someones toy and lastly if it not her, chances are she is still dead and who they found is another child

What I don't get why they haven't found her identified the body yet. Our local news ALWAYS tells us if it's a male or female and if it's adult or child. For the fact they arent saying says something and why can't they identifty them did something happen to the body

They found the body in a field. They have not said if it is Jessica, nor have they said it was a child.

My fear is that this is not Jessica, but another victim and he has traded this person for Jessica.

ETA: The body was found in a field that there were at least 4 attempted assaults/abductions last year. The police even sent flyers around to neighbors last year.

I just read that they found this body in a field near an abandoned shack that was near or on her path she would have taken to school Friday morning. Did they not search there Friday or Saturday? I just can't figure out why they would be searching there on Wed, almost a week after she went missing. Unless they did search there previously and the body was not there then. Oh, how horrible this whole situation is.

I just read that they found this body in a field near an abandoned shack that was near or on her path she would have taken to school Friday morning. Did they not search there Friday or Saturday? I just can't figure out why they would be searching there on Wed, almost a week after she went missing. Unless they did search there previously and the body was not there then. Oh, how horrible this whole situation is.

Isn't this always the case in these situations? They search and search and come up with nothing. When they finally find the body, it is nearby and in an area that they already searched. It happens frequently, unfortunately.

Exactly. My sister also made a good point last at least for her and her daughter. She said that if someone took my niece that she would Want them to kill her instantly (if that was their plan) then have her suffer and be scared and possibly be abused wondering where mommy is. I honestly hope it is Jessica for a couple of reasons. What I believe is she is in heaven pain free. She's not being used as someones toy and lastly if it not her, chances are she is still dead and who they found is another child

:scared1:

What I don't get why they haven't found her identified the body yet. Our local news ALWAYS tells us if it's a male or female and if it's adult or child. For the fact they arent saying says something and why can't they identifty them did something happen to the body

i have a sick feeling that the body isnt hers but another child that the monster dumped before grabbing jessica. If it isnt her, the reason they might be keeping it hushed is to through off the kidnapper, because if we know it isnt her and with the announcement that abandoned car in NH, they dont want him/her to get spooked..

There were two girls together who went missing in Eastern IA this summer. They are roughly the age of the missing girl in CO. Their parents have ties to the meth world so it's always sounded that they suspected that as a cause but neither has been found. I thought of them when no one identified Jessica last night and said they were still searching the area.

Sad anyway you look at it. It does seem that the sexual assault of the 11 yr old in WY is probably not related. In that case, I do wonder about the girl leaving her friends to get into a van.

My kids are similar in age so I reminded them about not getting close to an unfamiliar car if someone speaks to them and not to go with anyone asking them to help with anything. They had to be reminded not to worry about being polite, just to get away.

I was just gonna say the same thing that StephMK did about the girls from Iowa. I'm devastated they found a body, but not surprised. :sad1:I'm praying for the families.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter