amazon price adjustment policy

zoemurr

DIS Veteran
I am so frustrated! I was waiting on a $50 amazon GC from my CC company to order a toy for DS. Well, while I have been waiting (2 weeks) it went from $35 to $40 to $30, to $35 (this am) to $40 tonight when I went to order it.

I thought I read somewhere that they no longer do a price adjustment? I can't seem to find any info about it at amazon. Does anyone know where to find this info? Obviously I can't wait much longer to order it, but I'm sure as soon as I do the price will go down again.

Why do they change the prices so often?

Thanks!

I read on another board recently that they have not done price adjustments for a while (a few months anyway). their prices do fluctuate quite a bit. I've had a number of things in my cart that I finally ordered today because they were all at their lowest price (and the prices do vary day-to-day).

Not sure what is behind the price changes; whether it is what people are viewing or ordering or what is way overstocked and they need to get rid of...who knows.

I was ready to scream on friday at Amazon! We bought a new tv and before it even shipped it dropped $50. I called and the lady explained they stopped price adjustments in Sept however, since it was over $25 and not shipped she'd adjust. 2 days later the price dropped another $80. I called and got a really condescending lady. The TV had shipped but we had not received it.

I asked what the charge was to send it back and i'd reorder it. She said I was not able to do that and the charges would be very high. I asked how much? She said she needed to put the request in to special services.

In the meantime I took a vacation day to be there when the TV came. That morning I got an email from Amazon saying they had cancelled the order! I was livid. Luckily they didn't notify the shipping company and i got the TV but they will not adjust the price. I checked today and the price has gone down even a few more dollars lower. It is insane.

About 1/2 hr after I had ordered it the price rose $100. Now it is over $150 lower than what i paid.

price adjusting in September. Ugh.. it wouldn't be such a big deal if they didn't change the prices daily. I never feel like I got the best deal.

I can understand not matching prices of other websites, but the policy of not matching their own website within 30 days of purchases makes Amazon a very unattractive retailer in my opinion. Almost any reputable retailer of any size will match their own prices within 30 days of purchase. With the wild price fluctuations we all experience on amazon's site, this refusal to match their own prices makes shopping with them something like gambling.

Even Wally World only price adjusts within SEVEN days.

I figure you get some great deals and some ok deals...it all works out in the end.

Trish

After you call Amazon they send you an email that asks if they resolved your issue if you click no call again you will get someone in the US, I have had much better luck with getting these agents to price adjust.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter