• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amazing Folks @ DVC Resale Market

bmcd1998

Always Planning Our Next Trip
Note: Couldn't find the rules so remove if not allowed, but I wanted to leave some very positive feedback for DVC Resale Market and for our rep Linda Smit specifically.
We are an empty nester couple who have the time and budget to visit WDW quite often. Over the last year or so we have bought and closed on four DVC contracts, with three coming through DVC Resale Market and Linda. She has been an incredibly valuable resource to us and her patience with all of our questions has been remarkable.
Our most recent contract at OKW is the reason for my review. Linda helped us make offer after offer for OKW contracts and in 4 consecutive cases the contracts were ROFR’d. Over that time, we decided to make an offer on an extended contract (2057) as that would be more likely to get through ROFR (and we want to leave it to our kids someday). We were excited that our offer was accepted and were waiting to see about ROFR. Unfortunately, after we were told Disney waived ROFR, we found out that the seller had misrepresented the contract, that in fact it was a 2042 rather than a 2057. This caused a fairly large inconvenience to us as we needed those points for a trip we had pending. After discussing with Linda and the management of DVC Resale Market, I am thrilled to report that Linda has helped us close on a new 2057 contract and DVC Resale Market has stepped up and made a concession to us to compensate us for the mistake.
In today’s environment where so many companies are providing poor service and blaming COVID, I am thrilled to unreservedly recommend Linda Smit and DVC Resale Market.

Last edited:
While I didn't end up going with DVC Resale Market for my recent resale contract, I can also vouch for how great Linda is. She was the first agent I ever talked to when inquiring about interest in a resale contract, and she spent a lot of time on the phone with me talking through all the questions I had and advice/considerations for home resort, use year, and other important factors for choosing the right contract to put in an offer on.

It does make me wonder though how much due diligence resale brokers do to ensure that a seller's contract is as advertised. I'd think that the difference between a 2042/2057 contract is a huge one. Did you lose your deposit on that 2042 contract? I myself was worried about whether the points were correct and asked for a screenshot of the points before signing a contract and before wiring money after ROFR, since the contract had language stating that the broker and the title company aren't liable for point inaccuracies. If I were going resale again in the future, I'd probably ask for some language to protect myself from point inaccuracies, like partial payment until points are loaded (if that's even possible).

While I didn't end up going with DVC Resale Market for my recent resale contract, I can also vouch for how great Linda is. She was the first agent I ever talked to when inquiring about interest in a resale contract, and she spent a lot of time on the phone with me talking through all the questions I had and advice/considerations for home resort, use year, and other important factors for choosing the right contract to put in an offer on.

It does make me wonder though how much due diligence resale brokers do to ensure that a seller's contract is as advertised. I'd think that the difference between a 2042/2057 contract is a huge one. Did you lose your deposit on that 2042 contract? I myself was worried about whether the points were correct and asked for a screenshot of the points before signing a contract and before wiring money after ROFR, since the contract had language stating that the broker and the title company aren't liable for point inaccuracies. If I were going resale again in the future, I'd probably ask for some language to protect myself from point inaccuracies, like partial payment until points are loaded (if that's even possible).
My understanding is that this was a misrepresentation by the seller and the DVC Resale Market people went above and beyond to do the right thing.

Last edited:
A check of the public records would have shown the quitclaim deed that it was a 2042 unless they never signed and was forced to at closing because they never did the quitclaim but they never paid to extend it. Definitely interesting and I’m glad they made it right, that’s what’s most important.

If you signed the quitclaim, it’s in the property records. (Or they make you file it to resell. They’re filed all the time.) I think if you bought the extension, nothing publicly happened. The position of DVC is that everyone was extended and that it was Disney’s responsibility to collect either money or quitclaim. I’m not sure how the title would even know which one you have, just using the public records.

That said, there are plenty of OKW owners out there who never paid or singed the quitclaim. I’d think the title company would be familiar with this and care a lot about that status.

Interesting and frustrating wrinkle, and I’m impressed DVC Resale made it right.

If someone paid to have the "2057" extension, there will be a "deed" filed on county site showing the extension for owner.

Hey there, it's Derek from the DVC Resale Market and thanks for taking the time to post (and I agree, Linda and I used to cruise together for many years selling DVC direct and she IS awesome!) - So Disney did finally file the extension Deeds starting in 2019 (only 11 years after they sold them to Members) - however if you sold your contract prior to the 2019 Deed extension recording then it doesn't appear under a public records courthouse search.

As mentioned by the OP, that is honestly the reason you use a reputable Broker and title company in the first place is that we're able to all work together and fix situations when things out of the ordinary come about! At the DVC Resale Market we've sold 100's of Extended Deed Old Key West contracts over the years and everyone received those additional extended years as noted on the listings!

Thanks again to the OP for posting and here's to a magical membership (with those 15 extra years) for you all :)

Hey there, it's Derek from the DVC Resale Market and thanks for taking the time to post (and I agree, Linda and I used to cruise together for many years selling DVC direct and she IS awesome!) - So Disney did finally file the extension Deeds starting in 2019 (only 11 years after they sold them to Members) - however if you sold your contract prior to the 2019 Deed extension recording then it doesn't appear under a public records courthouse search.

As mentioned by the OP, that is honestly the reason you use a reputable Broker and title company in the first place is that we're able to all work together and fix situations when things out of the ordinary come about! At the DVC Resale Market we've sold 100's of Extended Deed Old Key West contracts over the years and everyone received those additional extended years as noted on the listings!

Thanks again to the OP for posting and here's to a magical membership (with those 15 extra years) for you all :)

Derek I’m going to piggyback on the positive comments regarding Linda.
She’s my agent on a contract in process at GFV and she’s fantastic. The service at the company has been excellent overall as well.

I've never actually seen one of these "deed extensions" I guess they finally got around to filing. Can someone PM one I can look up? I'd be interested in seeing one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter