Amazing Adventures of the 2011 Disney Mom's Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twende

Best laid plans of Mouse and men.....
Okay group! Amazingly we have almost filled up 250 pages of posts for this 2011 process. I have started a new thread to continue all the fun while we await for the final decisions and also to hear of the continued adventures of the 2011 panelists training! Here is the new thread. I will not post in it until this one is closer to being closed.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=38806313#post38806313

Here is a GRAND WELCOME to young, old, moms, dads, aunts, uncles, sons, daughters, new applicants, returning applicants, or anyone who shares our passion for all things Disney!

The time has come for another application process to begin. :cool1:

The announcement of the application start date was made by Laura during the Illuminations Mom's Panel Party.

Drum Roll Please! :goodvibes ..........................................................................................................................

Have your writing skills honed for a Sept 13th start date! http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.com/recruiting/the_program_is_closed.aspx

Here is Jud's Youtube link to the party and the announcement! Thank you JUD!:thumbsup2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgsVMTzyEDI\\

For all newcomers, here is a link to the Walt Disney World Mom's Panel website: http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.com/

Here is the link for those of you having a hard time finding it:

http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.com/recruiting/

:tinker:Best luck to all and let the party begin! :dance3::banana::dancer:party:

Applications are now closed and the waiting for round one begins!
Here is a fun poll to answer while we all wait: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2558189
\

:banana::thumbsup2:dance3::cheer2::yay:DRUM ROLL PLEASE! :dance3::cheer2::yay::flower3: ::yes::

I AM PROUDLY ANNOUNCING THE DISBOARDERS WHO ARE NOW MEMBERS OF THE 2011 Disney World MOM'S PANEL.
41569_38535733960_5622123_q.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL! WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!:love:

Angelo from Geenville, SC - angeloco

Ca'Sandra from Atlanta, GA - MadiMouse

Emma from Morecambe, Lancashire, UK - emmalouisenicholson

Jill from NJ - cheer4bison

Marisol from FL - Sea&SunCastle

Ritzy McCarthy from RI - PearlySwan @PearlySwan on Twitter

Teronya from Kinsport, TN - tkholmes @Teronya on Twitter

Wes from Pearland, TX - WDWestern7

HERE ARE OUR DISBOARDS SEMI-FINALISTS FOR 2011

Amanda from NC - disneygotogirl @DisneyGoToGirl on Twitter

Ami B from Blacksburg, VA - PolynesianPixie

Angelo from Greenville, SC - angeloco

Ashley from Hampton Roads, VA - Ash&Wes07 MamaofAllTrades on Twitter

Ca'Sandra from Atlanta, GA - MadiMouse

Cindy from CT- tsgirl

Courtney from near Greensboro, NC - disneyhousemama

Emma from Morecambe, Lancashire, UK - emmalouisenicholson

Jill from NJ - cheer4bison

Marci from NY - mjaclyn @mjaclyns on Twitter

Marisol from FL - Sea&SunCastle

Patty Willis Holliday from TX - longhorns2

Renae from WI - pixarmom

Ritzy M. from RI - PearlySwan

Sherry Boswell from SC - Carolina Mom

Teronya from Kinsport, TN - tkholmes @Teronya on Twitter

Wes from Pearland, TX - WDWestern7

Here are some more Semi-Finalists from other social media sites:

Jamie Speed from UK
Johnetta
Lynn Lane from Ontario, Canada
Monina W. from Cleveland, OH on Twitter @MoninaW
Patti Johnson Crane

Announcing the Applicants through to Round Two
:banana::thumbsup2:cool1::woohoo::cheer2:

Congratulations to you all and have a blast while you finish your packets!

United States

tsgirl - Cindy from CT
mkluvsmickey – Michelle from FL
koleta@mickey – Koleta From Perry, FL
kcampbell – from Naples, FL
NDM#1 – J.L. from Orlando, FL
Sea&SunCastle - Marisol from FL
MadiMouse - Ca'Sandra from Atlanta, GA
missy28 - Melissa from Tifton, GA
disney.nut - from Augusta, GA
jjzmgailey - Jackie from Savannah, GA
fairyprincess1 – Kiyoko from Chicago, IL
Jasmine12 - Sherri from Chicago, IL
ADisneyFamly – Valerie from Tinley Park, IL
cukal6 - from Blue Mound, IL
dizkrazkate - Kate from Granger, IN
pixiemeg – Megan from Hammond, IN
Mamalificent – from Maryland
PirateMom - Beth from St. Louis, MO
emlutz23 – from New Jersey
tweedlemom - from New Jersey
dounelisg – Gina from Aberdeen, NJ
cheer4bison - Jill from NJ
WDWTeri – from New Mexico
MagiKitty - from NY
physicalt104 - Donna from Long Island, NY
LaneOT - Malanie from Queens, NY
mjaclyn - from New York, NY
Kimisabella – Andrea from Long Island, NY
disneygotogirl - Amanda from Banner Elk, NC
kddill - Kim from Charlotte, NC
shalecesjourney – Melody from Jacksonville, NC
disneyhousemama - Courtney from NC
Rhonimouse – from Ohio
PearlySwan - Ritzy from RI
angeloco - Angelo from Greenville, SC
Carolina Mom – from SC
speakupjc - from Collierville, TN
tkholmes – Teronya from Kinsport, TN
MJAJmom - Linda from Austin, TX
zianha – from Lubbock, TX
longshorns2 - Patty from TX
WDWestern7 - Wes from Pearland, TX
PolynesianPixie - Ami from Blacksburg, VA
Ash&Wes07 – Ashley from Hampton Roads, VA
Marm02 - from Green Bay, WI
Pixarmom - Renae from WI
beachbunny -
DopeyDame -

Brazil

sisiblum - Simone Hara from Sao Paulo, Brazil

Canada

Lizziejane – Jane from Winnipeg, Manitoba
Tollerwalker - Jessica from Quispamsis, NB
mrs.explorer1977 - Melanie from Guelph, Ontario
Disney Dad Canada – Paul from Toronto,ON
Jump4Joy8390 – Corinne from Mississauga, Ontario
jmtf2004 – Ontario
jerlove

South Africa

V a n e s s a - from Johannesburg, South Africa

United Kingdom

emmalouisenicholson – Emma - Morecambe, Lancashire, UK
Suey12 – Sue - Chester UK
UKdisneytwinmummy - Helen from York, North Yorkshire, UK

Here are the Round Two Questions:

First section is this (choose from a list for each question):
* Are you fluent in languages other than English?
* What other Disney vacations have you experienced?
* What category best describes the age of the youngest child you have traveled with?
* Do you have experience or knowledge of traveling with any of the following special needs?

Second:
In 100 words or less please share when you first learned of the Walt Disney World® Moms Panel and your impression of the panel.

Third:
Please upload a one-page text-only document of your itinerary or planning tool. Only Microsoft Word, Adobe PDF, or plain text files will be accepted.

Last:
Please upload a :60 or less video (50 MB or less) of yourself sharing the details of your favorite Walt Disney World® vacation memory. Allowed video extensions include AVI, MOV, MP4, MPG, and WMV

Here are the links to past Panel Applications:

2007 Waiting for First round:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1605907

2007 Semi Finalists, Page 12 post #171
:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1605907&page=12

2007 Panel Finalists

Adventures of the "Moms" Panel
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1632607

2007 Official Rejection T-shirt iron on!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1613341

2008 Application process begins with post # 1593 in above thread

August 2009 Thread:

MORE Adventures of the "Moms" Panel
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=33164485#post33164485

Here is a video of the training week for the 2010 Panel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iILniKuGUeY

Here is a written account of Kaylene's training journey for the 2010 Panel:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34683507

Hey Twende! LOL! I think you just like to start new threads so you can use all those big fonts and colors!

Oh- and didn't notice you already linked my vid! Cool! Thanks! Drum roll please! LOL! The girl did have some stage presence. After, I told her she should have done that little butt shake all across the stage...

:)

Jud

Jud, I was wondering if you were going to notice the link! :lmao:

It is a great video and the party looked like a blast! Thanks so much for putting it all together so we all could feel like we were there too! :goodvibes

And Yes I love the big fonts and colors!
:cool1::banana::dance3:

:cheer2::cheer2: Kim !! :) SO happy to see that our wonderful leader is BACK!!! :cool1::cool1:

For all of you who are dreaming of being on the 2011 Panel, I just wanted to share a few things.

First, these threads that Kim starts each year are a TREASURE :love: I found so much support throughout the process (for 3 years in a row). In addition, the friends I have made have been such a treasure to me. :grouphug: From Kim herself, to Jud, Sue, Jackie, Marshay and countless others...it's been wonderful.

Having finally had my dream come true last year, I look forward to watching the process from the "other side" this year. popcorn:: Always remember to follow your dreams. In your essays, speak from your heart. Let your Disney passion shine. Don't treat the questions like a resume. There are thousands and thousands of Disney fans with TONS of knowledge. Think about what makes YOU unique...what do YOU bring to the table?

Here's a great thread of Moms Panel answers by 9 of the current Panelists, where we give tips about being on the Panel. Hope you find it useful. http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.com/questions.aspx?qid=95756&pid=94&cid=97

I look forward to hopefully welcoming some of you to the Moms Panel family in a few shorts months. In the meantime, I'll enjoy getting to know you.

Truly having the time of my life,

Kaylene

Jud, I was wondering if you were going to notice the link! :lmao:

It is a great video and the party looked like a blast! Thanks so much for putting it all together so we all could feel like we were there too! :goodvibes

And Yes I love the big fonts and colors!
:cool1::banana::dance3:

I hadn't noticed the link at first- it was in such tiny font... and I get scared by all the BIG FONT....

The party, my second, both courtesy of my Mom friend Anna Skama, was great! I wish everyone could be there! Just imagine gathering in a special venue for snacks and drinks, nice atmosphere, then at the last minute guided to a reserved and completely blocked off (with planters, not just ropes!) area for Illuminations! While the 'peasants' watch longingly and wonder who you are! LOL! And to have that front center area totally uncrowded! And then see the best presentation ever created! Ya, it was great! And then after, hanging with several of the Moms and families and other 'net stars' and just owning the place for an hour with good friends... it was just great! Did I say that already? hehehehee... Was one of the best days I've had in a long time!

Jud

Thanks for starting this new thread Kim! :thumbsup2

I am so excited at the prospect of being able to apply for the 2011 Moms Panel and getting to know some great people along the way too :yay:

Jud - The Mickeys Moms Illumination Party Video was great to watch!
I would have LOVED to have been there but as I am from England it was not possible to make it :sad1:

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: to everyone applying this year! :cheer2:

Thanks for starting the new thread! Can't wait to apply again! One day, I'll get there.;)

:cheer2::cheer2: Kim !! :) SO happy to see that our wonderful leader is BACK!!! :cool1::cool1:

For all of you who are dreaming of being on the 2011 Panel, I just wanted to share a few things.

First, these threads that Kim starts each year are a TREASURE :love: I found so much support throughout the process (for 3 years in a row). In addition, the friends I have made have been such a treasure to me. :grouphug: From Kim herself, to Jud, Sue, Jackie, Marshay and countless others...it's been wonderful.

Having finally had my dream come true last year, I look forward to watching the process from the "other side" this year. popcorn:: Always remember to follow your dreams. In your essays, speak from your heart. Let your Disney passion shine. Don't treat the questions like a resume. There are thousands and thousands of Disney fans with TONS of knowledge. Think about what makes YOU unique...what do YOU bring to the table?

Here's a great thread of Moms Panel answers by 9 of the current Panelists, where we give tips about being on the Panel. Hope you find it useful. http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.com/questions.aspx?qid=95756&pid=94&cid=97

I look forward to hopefully welcoming some of you to the Moms Panel family in a few shorts months. In the meantime, I'll enjoy getting to know you.

Truly having the time of my life,

Kaylene

YEAY! YEAY! YEAY! I'm so glad you're back to lead us!! It really wouldn't have been the same without you Twende!!! :banana:

And, I have to second Kaylene's sentiments- this thread has helped me get through the anxious moments for three years- I've shared my anxiety, my disappointments (two years in a row!!) and finally my joy at making the panel!!

I really do value the friendships and support this thread has given me- and now I can't wait to wait again with you all!! Its going to be so much fun to follow along and welcome some of you into our Moms Panel family!!!!:grouphug:

I know there will be some dissapointments as well... there are only so many positions.. .but I hope that even for those that don't make the panel, that we at least make friendships instead!!!

Good Luck all!!!

Hi All!
I'm so excited I found this thread!!:)My dd and I just finished watching the video of the Mom's club Illuminations party. Oh, how that Illuminations music gives me goosebumps every time!!:goodvibes

I am looking forward to applying for the 2011 Mom's Panel for the first time in just a couple short weeks! Although, I must admit, I am a tad intimidated by the whole process! It sounds like there are some seasoned pros that are not selected and a lot of "Moms" who are bloggers, tweeters, etc. This would definitely not be me!! I guess I will go with the advice of many and just try to be myself and hopefully my "Disney magic" will come through!!:wizard:

Good luck to everyone! I look forward to getting to know you all through this process, I hope!! ;)

-Kelly

I'm going to try again this year - we'll see. Hopefully, they'll need older Moms who have tweens that are still all about Disney :rotfl:

Hello!

I'm really excited to apply this year. I applied the 1st year but did not make it past the first round. I don't think I was ready that first year... I really loved WDW but I was not obsessed as I am now:lmao: I really enjoyed our vacations, but now I love helping my friends & family plan theirs.

The other day I showed my MIL this website. She gasped and said, "Your not the only one that is obsessed with Disney!"

I'm Katie :wave: I'm 31, SAHM to 1 (DD, 21 months). I also babysit for a few other kids to make extra cash occasionally. DH is a Firefighter/EMT. We'll be married 4 years in October.

Can't wait to get to know everyone!

I will be applying again this year. I made it to the second round last year. I have two more trips planned this year so I definitely qualify. Keeping my fingers crossed the second time is a charm. :thumbsup2

Just wanted to wish everyone applying the best of luck and tons of pixie dust! :tink:

Laura Spencer was kind enough to give me some tips on my site to share with everyone hoping to make the panel this year, if you'd like to read: http://zannaland.com/disney-moms-panel-2011/

I can't wait to follow along everyone's journey and cheer you along the way!!

Hey everyone, it's good to be back. Looking forward to sharing everyone's experiences on the 2011 Moms Panel applications.

Can't wait to get started ! :banana:

Jud - The Mickeys Moms Illumination Party Video was great to watch!
I would have LOVED to have been there but as I am from England it was not possible to make it :sad1:

Oh- they even let English in this year! heheheheee...

Glad you enjoyed the vid and good luck this year!

Also want to say as a general thing, after all the 'conspiracy theories' that arose last year after the selections, that having a blog or stuff like that is pretty irrelevant; that in the end (or the beginning to be more precise) they have SO many qualified applicants that it DOES just come down to chance; that no kind of 'checks' are done on anyone until the final round simply as a practical matter.

The first sorting is simply for grammar and spelling.

And that's all I know!

Jud

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter