Am I understanding the dining rotation menus correctly?

Mickeyhugger

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to maximize our dining options, and I think (and hope) after two 7-day itineraries that I understand now. (Experienced 7-day cruisers, or anyone who's recently cruised might know?)

Is the same menu served in each restuarant every night? In other words, if we dine at Parrot Cay the 1st night of our rotation, will the same menu be served to the ones who dine there the 2nd night of their rotation? And aren't the menus for Mexicalifragilistic, Captain's Gala night, etc. the same for ALL THREE dining rotations?

I've read www.castawayclub.com, and that's the way I understand it, and please let me know if I'm wrong.

I want DH and I to dine at Palo on our first Animator's Palate rotation as it's the only menu we'd be willing to pass up. (Don't think I'm crazy, there's no way we'll miss the AP show, we'll just dine early at Palo.):sunny:

I think you've got it right. I'll put together a simple explanation though.

For 3 nights, each restaraunt is on its 'home' menu. And that menu is the same in that restaurant for those three nights. So that way everyone onboard gets a seating in each restaurant with its own menu.

Then they switch to the special menus for the rest of the cruise, which are the same in all restaurants for that night.

And your plan looks solid. :)

That's not 100% right Mark. It depends on eastern or western.

On the Eastern Caribbean Sat Mon And Wed night are the normal rotation menus. Sun-Master Chef Menu, Tues-Tropical Night, Thursday-Captains Gala Menu and Fri-It's a Small World Menu.

The Western the normal rotation menu is Sat Sun and Mon.

Hope this helps.

Did this change sometime recently? I admit when I went on the Eastern it was a long while back, so far back, there wasn't even a Western yet. Back then the first three nights were on the regular menu, I thought. I can see why there's confusiuon then if that's the way it's being done now. I'll go change my other statment for clarity.

We were on the Eastern in November and it was as Mark says (which was different from our last cruise). First three nights were rotational menus, then Tropicalifragilistic, Around the World, Best of, and ____ (I can't remember:p ). We wanted to go to Palos on AP night (catching the show with dessert), but Sunday we were in AP and they handed us the AP menu. Luckily we were able to change our Palo ressies to Monday when in Parrot Cay (our second choice). The year before though it was the way Jaypd says.

Thanks to all of your for your help!

It sounds as if everyone on board has the same choices over the course of a week.

Many cruisers don't want to miss out on certain shows and excursions, I don't want to miss out on any menu!:hyper:

We were on the 2/7 Eastern Magic. It was as Mark said....the first 3 nights were the "restaurant" menu, the last 4 were the special "menu of the event".

Yep....Kathryn beat me to it!!.....on the 2/7 Eastern the first 3 nights were rotation, then the special menus....

I thought the food this trip was exceptionally good...even the entree's that I have had before just seemd to taste so much better this time around!!!

The Veal Chop and the Fettucini Alfredo w/chicken really stand out in my mind as just delicious!!!

MJ

No MJ, it was the Lava cake. :Pinkbounc ::yes:: The Beef Tenerloins were exceptional too. Well, this being our first cruise I thought all the food was GREAT. Good dinning partners made it taste even better::yes::

Well I asked the boss(DW) Yes everyone who said the first 3 nights is the rotation menu is 100% right :).

Ok now i'm confused. I had each night planned out based on the Master Chef Menu being on Sunday, Tropical on Thursday, Captain's Gala on Saturday and It's a small world on Sunday. Does anyone know on which specific night each is now done?? In addition, when do I do Palo's now? We were going to do it on Saturday so we would miss animators the second night but is it now a theme that I don't want to miss?????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter