Am I the only who who didnt LOVE.....

YOU ARE NOT ALONE! I didnt like it either. Food quality is bad. Meat is dry and just crappy quality. Potstickers are dry. Wings are slimy. Never again.
princessap said:
Am i the only one who doesnt love Ohana's. we went there for the first time last week and I dont know if we would go back.

am I alone here?

Ugh. 1900 isnt much better than ohana. Food quality and selection is pretty bad there too. But stepsisters are hilarious so its worth a shot.
princessap said:
I was super excited to get an ADR there on arrival night and overall I wasnt impressed. next time will have to try 1900 park fare I think

I have have had great meals there and not do good. My husband doesn't like it at all!

Am i the only one who doesnt love Ohana's. we went there for the first time last week and I dont know if we would go back.

am I alone here?

We had dinner there last year and we won't be back. It wasn't bad, just not that good. The meats were a bit dry, some of the starters and side-dishes were cold. WE feel it wasn't worth the money...

We went in 2008, and thought it was just OK.

No particular complaints. But no burning desire to return either.

We ate dinner on arrival night in 2007. Table for 2, we had horrible service but didn't let it ruin our night. The food was mediocre at best. Haven't been back since but I'd like to try it again.

We used to REALLY love ohana for dinner. We were there this past Jan, and was told my favorite dipping sauces they used to offer (3), are no longer available, and now it is just one standard one, slightly disappointed at this. Also, the service wasn't great (it used to be in our opinion). It's not on our Must do list anymore.

Not a fan, either. And I gave it 2 shots because I figured maybe one of them was a fluke because there are so many people who love that place. But both times the pacing was way off - we had our main meats served on top of one another with no time to even contemplate trying to eat the appetizers, the meat was too sweet and some of it was dried out. The bread was dry, too.

My kids ate nothing. I mean - they hated the bread, they hated the noodles, hated the meats and they are not particularly picky kiddos. I was surprised because they are used to eating out and trying new things but it just was not for them. So apparently I find out later that they offer other options to kids but this was never even mentioned as an option by our server. He took no notice that NOTHING was eaten off any of the THREE of their plates. If I had known this, obviously I would have ordered them something else.

Then when we were done with our meal we waited about 25 minutes (no, seriously) for our dessert. We watched desserts being served around us, looked and could not locate our server, begged the other servers to please find him and tell him we are ready for our dessert (our plates had been cleared away ages ago). Then another 10-15 for our check. Meanwhile the kids are starving. Good thing we weren't going anywhere else that night.

We ate there in Aug 2011. Great service, little waiiting, food was prepared well.

It was the number one choice of my wife and kids when I started to make ressies for our next trip.

That being said, I could see thisbplace being a problem for 2 main reasons:
The kid parade, bowling, etc. Could ruffle feathers
I could see the meats being over or underdone easily

We liked the apps and the family style.

We went for breakfast and dinner during our last trip. While we liked the breakfast, we weren't real thrilled with dinner. While it's not somewhere that I would refuse to go, we have no want to go back and can't imagine that we will, at least for quite a while.

'Ohana redeemed itself for me in 2012 when I had a really good server and loads of shrimp. Personally I like the flavors, it's just do you have enough to eat that is cooked properly. I can do without the beef or pork.

At that point I decided I would do it every 2 years (I go to WDW more than once a year.)

Go to Kona! We make it a point to go to the Polynesian Resort every trip and the Kona Cafe is a good excuse IMO.

I did not love it and it did not love me! Spent the evening sick ;). My 8 yo son ate very little. The views were incredible.

I didn't enjoy it at all. We were unlucky enough to get an indifferent server and that style of eating wasn't my thing.

princessap said:

am I alone here?

Definitely not...we were there for breakfast once and after all cold food (that was supposed to be hot), even when we tried to replace it with 2nds we never had the desire to return. Dinner has always been hit or miss for us-last time we went it was good but so was our server. For some reason seems that the service at this restaurant has a major impact on the food quality? Sounds strange but seems consistent regarding this factor whenever we've been there.

We loved it 11 years ago. Went back a few times since, but stopped going altogether about five years ago. The food and service definitely took a hit from the "good ole days." Oh well.

'Ohana is consistently inconsistent. It's as if they alternate chefs & servers between those who would be at home in a top quality restaurant with a crew who couldn't get a Taco Bell order together. Seriously, there ought to be a study to see just how they accomplish this because it couldn't be more uneven if they tried.

Look at the opinions of those who posted in this thread. There has been a similar thread approximately every 31 hours for 10 years. It is alternately "The best meal of our trip" and "Over cooked food" Served "too fast /too slow."

'Ohana is for gamblers, risk-takers, people who live life on the edge. Your luck with 'Ohana lies with the roll of the coconut. :earsboy:

Considering our last ADR was running 100 minutes behind and we exited Ohana's at 11pm with the dining rooms still 50% full....I'd say you are in the minority:rolleyes1

Considering our last ADR was running 100 minutes behind and we exited Ohana's at 11pm with the dining rooms still 50% full....I'd say you are in the minority:rolleyes1

And there's the reason the inconsistency will never be addressed. They can still fill the place, even when they are lousy, with diners hoping for one of those elusive "fabulous" meals they keep hearing about.

My family really enjoyed it. I think I liked it the least of our entire party of six. I liked the apps a lot but the meat was just fair. The chicken I ate was not evenly cooked, some parts burnt. I am allergic to shrimp and all the adults in the party went nuts for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter