Am I the only one on the 5/14/06 Wonder?

jedijill

Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
Is there anyone else out there going on this cruise or will I have the ship to myself?

Jill in KC

No worries, we'll be there! DH, DD5, DD3, DD, DB, DB, DMIL, DFIL, DSIL. We were "Wonder"ing when somebody was gonna post something, guess we could have. Well, we are back on the boards after a break, getting psyched and planning again. More from us later! :hyper:

...and it looks like we'll have the whole boat to ourselves. LOL! It'll be me, DH, DS(11), DM and DF. First cruise for all of us :cool1:

We will be going on our very first Disney Cruise on May 14th! My husband, son (4) and myself. We are trying to decide to book the 3 night/4 day cruise of just book the 4 day cruise and book our own reservations for the first 3 or 4 nights. I cant decide which way is better. I am thinking having all the transportation would be a great thing but we are military so we could stay at shades of green for a cheaper rate. Any thoughts on this?

Hi again Texasthree. It can be much cheaper to book the cruise and land stay separately. Transportation to the port can be done cheaper, too. The Disney buses are convenient, but they arrive at the port later than we like. We have always booked through Happy Limo or Tiffany Towncar and have them pick us up early (around 9:30 a.m.) from whatever hotel we are in and that way, we get to the port early and are usually one of the first families to board. We like to get our cruise started as soon as possible. :woohoo:

One more thing about booking transportation on your own...the driver will stop anywhere on the way that you want. We like to stop and pick-up a light breakfast on the way. Remember, you will be eating a lot on the ship and it starts from the minute you board so save your appetites :thumbsup2

Our traveling party includes: Mike 45, Michael 19, Joe 19, Ross 12, Alex 11, and Sandy (me) 42. Michael and Alex are our sons and they are each taking a friend.

Hope to talk to all of you more as the time nears :banana:

Sandy P.

I hadnt even thought about the time they will get us to the port. I would like to be there early. I may have to think cancelling the transportation and taking a car service, then we could also stop for bottled water without having to pay cruise prices. THANKS!! :thumbsup2

Since there are only three of you, you may consider renting a car for the day. You could probably rent a car for under $40.00 for the day (one way from your resort to the port). Call Avis or Enterprise and see if they have a drop-off point near the cruise terminal. That way you can take your time and stop whenever and whereever you want. You can also leave Orlando at a time you choose.

Just a thought. I know I have read where other people have done that. Since there are so many of us, we just use a service. It ends up being a lot cheaper for us.

Sandy P.

p.s. Your little one is going to have a blast!!!!! :cool1:

OH!!!! One more thing, Texasthree. Make sure you pack your little one a swim suit in a carry on bag. He can jump into the Mickey pool as soon as he gets on the ship! Usually, it is practically empty at that point.

Sandy P.

I read that on the boards last week so I have it all planned! I am just going to wear mine under my clothes and I will put DH and Ds's in my carry one! I think these boards are going to make my cruise so much easier!

I think we are going to have this whole ship to ourselves!! Good thing since I cant book our excursions or Palo until 75 days out. Perhaps dinner at Palos isnt as unobtainable as I suspected! :banana:

I'm with you!!! I hope the ship is not even near being full. Although, even when it is full, you can't tell.

Just 3 more months!! :cool1: :cheer2: :hippie:

Welcome agraygirl! I wonder if DCL will have anything special for mothers day? I cant wait. I have been looking at the excursions this morning. What excursion are you all going to do?????

Here's my schedule:

Day 1 - Port Canaveral - Sunday, May 14, 2006
No Activities are reserved.

Day 2 - Nassau - Monday, May 15, 2006
Nassau Dolphin Encounter 9:15AM 1:30PM

Day 3 - Castaway Cay - Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Glass Bottom Boat Scenic Voyage 9:45AM 11:15AM

Day 4 - At Sea - Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Palo Brunch 11:00AM 12:30PM

Day 5 - Port Canaveral - Thursday, May 18, 2006
No Activities are reserved.

I booked a palo brunch because I didnt want to risk missing any of the other resteraunts.

So, like I was up till 2am lastnight reading threads and realized there is a "dress like a pirate" night!? Is this true? Any idea what night that is? How cool is that?!

Its easy to be addicted to these boards, isnt it??
I have read about the pirate night as well. You can all dress up or just the kids. You might want to try a search for pirate or pirate night, I know a few weeks ago some disers posted pictures of their pirate night costumes. Not everyone dresses up so its really what ever you want to do. I have been looking for my son a pirate costume but I dont think DH and I will dress up.

I have read some negative things about the glass bottom boat ride. You might want to do a search for it. The posts I read the other day said run away from it quickly! This is our first cruise so I dont know from experience but the other posts said they crowd a lot of people on it and you hardly see anything.

I havent decided what we are going to do yet. I cant book until the 28th so I guess I will schedule what ever is left over!

Oh wow! Didn't know about the glass bottom boat. Hmmm what else could we do? We thought about renting snorkel gear but I don't know if I could do that.

Eighty days!!!!

I am thinking about trying the dolphin encounter if its still available and my husband wants to scuba dive. I dont dive so hes on his own there!

I know, they are creeping by. I made an agreement with my hubby if we booked this cruise I wouldnt go to my parents/sisters/whole families house all spring. (saving the money and all) Now I am home sick and the cruise is sooooo far away! The cruise will all be worth it.............when it finally comes!!! party:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts