• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am I overcomplicating this? Moonlight Magic, MNSSHP, APs/other tix, and extended family

kboo

DIS Veteran
We are staying in a 2BR villa that sleeps 9, and we are going for a week this summer that has both MNSSHP and MM. Before my sister's family decided to join us, I had put another family on our reservation in case we were going to try for more MM tickets (there was that email that said that only reservations/names as of a certain date etc etc).

My dad is also definitely coming and he's on the room list too, but for some reason not linked to his MDE profile (argh).

My sister's family now wants to do MNSSHP and I *think* those tickets have to be assigned to the name? (If not, then maybe we are ok after all)

Two questions:

1. Will I be able to purchase MNSSHP tix for my sister as well, even if they aren't linked to me on MDE?

2. How do I get my dad linked to his MDE profile (which I control)? It seems to want to add our family friends (who are on the reservation as a placeholder) and I don't want to mess up the # of tickets we can get for MM.

(Am I overthinking this because both sets of tickets are wristbands and as long as I am there with the right ID we are fine?)

Thanks!

Are you not able to book MNSSHP now? I thought if you had a resort reservation you could do this online today. I could be wrong. Try it and see what happens.

MNSSHP just gives you a number of tickets and a confirmation number. When I added that reservation number to "linked tickets" in MDE I was able to select who got the tickets from my family and friends (or create a managed guest) They did not need to be on my room reservation.

Not sure how MM is now, but in the past I just got the reservation for the number of people on the reservation. On the day of the event I went to one of the distribution stations with the entire party and everyone got a wrist band. There was no MDE and no ID's involved. Just everyone getting a wristband and "food coupon" had to be present with the member at the distribution point (park or hotel).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter