Am I crazy?????

WoodysRoundup

DIS Veteran
We have 1 and 1/2 yr. old and a 2 and 1/2 yr. old. We have a trip planned for Dec. However, my DH is working some very long days....some days only home at night to sleep. So.....I got to thinking. We have some money saved and maybe I should squeeze in an extra trip to WDW!!!! Is it crazy to think I can do it alone with two children at such young ages? My 2 and 1/2 yr. old is VERY high energy and has never slept in a stroller a day in his life. They have been before though and are mesmorized by the parks. I just don't know how I'd do w/o an extra pair of hands. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

NOW.....Where to stay? Easy access to MK is a must. Considering POFQ for moderates or CR garden wing (I've always stayed in the tower - would I be disappointed?) , or WL. Am I on the right track transportation-wise to MK with POFQ? Did I miss the current hotel discounts for a May stay?

I just thought....if we're gonna be at home anyway, why not do WDW again???? Thanks for any advice you can give!!!

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

I think that would be very hard to do with children that young. It looks like I'll be taking my 9 year old granddaughter and her two friends (6 & 11) by myself in June and I'm not a bit concerned. But I wouldn't think of doing it by myself with two kids that young. But then, I'm 45 and you're probably at least 20 years younger than me!LOL It does make a difference!:teeth:

POFQ is by bus to the MK. The Poly, Contemporary, GF, and WL are all either monorail, boat, or both. Fort Wilderness is also by boat.

I would go! I would stay at CR, but I think you missed the codes for May...Check mousesavers. You wouldn't be considering it if you thought you couldn't handle the kids!:wave:

Hi jennyMouse! I'm about 10 yrs. younger! :teeth: I knwo there would be some "trying" times!

DisneyDoll... I know POFQ is by bus, I just read that it's one of the quicker bus commutes for a moderate to MK. I was wondering if that was true. Thanks for the help!

We posted at the same time!!!! I have to say....good point! I wouldn't even consider if I didn't think that I could do it (at some level at least) . LOL! :crazy:

How about first planning a day trip close to home. See how that goes. To me it sounds like it could be very difficult by myself - but that's me.

If you can do it then go for it! I might could with lots of valuim or alcohol. No, seriously, I'm just thinking about how hard it would be trying to manage things like the buses with two that little. How would you do it with the stroller, diaper bags, etc.? How do you hold on to the kids and get that stroller and all the luggage that comes with two little ones onto the bus?LOL I'd have to stay at CR and only go to MK I guess!:eek:

Just in case, we'll have the men in white coats waiting for you at the hotel ready to carry you away ;)

If you've made up your mind, then no one except, maybe your DH can convince you not to .
:teeth:

Originally posted by Vivianne
Just in case, we'll have the men in white coats waiting for you at the hotel ready to carry you away ;)

If you've made up your mind, then no one except, maybe your DH can convince you not to .
:teeth:

LOL! Still haven't made up my mind!

I'm very curious about the hotel questions....resort price and trans. convenience may help make up my mind! THANKS! :hyper:

too funny!!!!

Ok, Woody! This is what you do.
Get on phone and call CRO and play with dates and those AP codes or AAA rates.
Book either a monorail resort or WL.

And, CL is a must with the kids. The CL CMs will be your salvation!

Keep on calling until you get something like what I described above.
If you don't, take it as a "sign" to not go.

OK?:wave:

Doesn't Jessie look great? :hug:

What would I do w/o your great advice? I'll get on the phone tomorrow and will keep you "posted" (pun intended) !! :wave2:

How will you board the buses with two babies and no one to fold up the stroller? You really need to have another person to help you. You'd need a vacation after than vacation.

Well, I only plan on going to MK and Epcot. By staying at a monorail resort, I wouldn't have to fold up the stroller on the monorail! Still looking into it! Also, they are both walking so they'd stand by me anyway while I was folding up the stroller. :)

I guess my vote would be the Contemporary. I'd probably want to do the tower just because of the convenience of everything. The snack shop right downstairs, the coffee shop for that latte for my sanity, the monorail right in the building. If they both go in a stroller, you could also walk over to Magic Kingdom on that path too. Also, the rooms are nice and large, and with Chef Mickey there, no one will hear them screaming, OR YOU!!!!!!!!!! LOL

:hyper:

The kiddie pool is also handy right downstairs. Good luck!!!

WoodysRoundup - You are my hero!!:teeth: To even consider this is awesome, you've got guts, girl!!::yes::

I think Bambi's advice, as always, is very sound. And, I'm sure there are plenty of good samaritans at WDW to help you board transportation, I know I would!!:teeth:

You probably already know whether you can "handle" your two kids by yourself, I'm sure you've had to many times. This would be a little more difficult, but with WDW's great trans. system, it's probably do-able. You would just have to take everything a little slower, take lots of breaks, think of each day as a daily outing, instead of the trip as a whole.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide. I'm so excited for you!!:sunny:

Did you ever think of taking a friend or your favorite babysitter along?

The first time with my DD's 2 1/2 and 4 at WDW we went while my husband had a convention and I took the girls solo to the parks. WDW is so kid friendly that you can do it. I stayed at CBR and took my own stroller. The 4 yr old walked (they now fit into a double stroller which I highly recomend you using).

I would also recomend sit down meals at the parks. Trying to navigate counter service solo with small ones would be a nightmare but I have kids that will sit in restaurants.

You are the best judge of what you can handle.

You all have made some great suggestions. I secured a nice AP rate at WL. I'm researching airfares now...we'll see what I can get. Let's hope the airfare will make this worth my while!

Well, you're a WOMAN aren't you? Of COURSE you can do it! ::yes::

Seriously, only you know if you can handle your kids alone, but I took my 5 kids alone in December and drove from northern Illinois to do it! Granted, one of my kids was 15, but the rest were 7, 7, 3 & 1. We stayed at the Poly and just went to places we could reach by monorail or boat (MK, Epcot, other nearby resorts) and it worked out fine!

By the sounds of things, I think you will regret it if you DON'T go. Just take it slow and laid back, and you will do fine. Worst case scenario, one or both of the kids have a meltdown, just go back to the resort for a rest.

Have a blast!

Sue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter