Am I crazy to just want to go down and relax?

We are checking in at CCV on July 11 and staying thru the 19th. My husband and I are actually excited abt the relaxation that this very different type of trip will bring. I always plan and have everything somewhat mapped out, but this time we can just relax and go with the flow. Coffee on our balcony. I can't wait!

I don't think you're crazy at all. I think you'll be safer before the parks open. It will be an interesting social experiment when they do, and I'd rather not be in them until they work out the kinks. Anyway, I'm in Canada I'll be watching from afar...enough said. Enjoy your trip.

I’m in Canada too. Wish I could go and relax also. This would be a great time to try some different resorts I’ve never stayed at. But no guarantee our borders will reopen.

Our DCL Alaska cruise was cancelled this summer on June 29 so we decided to to drive from PA and booked Vero Beach for 2 nights (July 1-3) and OKW for 5 nights (July 3-8). We never had any plans to do any parks with our kids ages 11 and 14 so the announcement that the DVC resorts but not the parks would be open was perfect! With so many resort openings we switched our reservation to BCV for only 4 nights (I only had 80 points to play with for WDW because I won't borrow them!)
We made this into a real road trip vacation now... 2 nights at HHI on the way down, 2 nights at Vero, 4 nights at BCV and 2 nights at a Savannah hotel on the way back home!
We are excited... face masks and all.

We had a July 2-11 trip booked with my in laws which we rescheduled for Nov. Now with the resorts being open come June I got the crazy thought about just going down to relax at a resort. It would be my family of 5 DH, twin boys 14 and DD7. We are used to wearing masks all day for work and the kids have also been accustom to it too. Granted the heat is a different factor, but man flights are so cheap and it might be a different experience to just be forced to enjoy the resort. My only concern would be the food offerings, but there is always amazon prime now for some simple stuff.

We are from MA, so not in the group of people who are required to quarantine.

Now to convince my husband. He is used to my crazy ideas so he might just go along with it.
Based on this post my wife and I are trying to book a 4 day trip on July 11. We are out of points because of another trip in August and the borrowing restriction so we are trying to buy (transfer) some from DVC Store. We are looking forward to staring at a new set of walls! Thank you thank you for your post. Without it I don't think we would have had the imagination to do this (and make ourselves happy) because we are really dumb and need all the help we can get. See you real soon (I hope).

Based on this post my wife and I are trying to book a 4 day trip on July 11. We are out of points because of another trip in August and the borrowing restriction so we are trying to buy (transfer) some from DVC Store. We are looking forward to staring at a new set of walls! Thank you thank you for your post. Without it I don't think we would have had the imagination to do this (and make ourselves happy) because we are really dumb and need all the help we can get. See you real soon (I hope).
Awe - glad i could help!

I booked everything yesterday and when i woke up this morning i was second guessing myself - thinking- is it safe to fly? but we will wear N95 on the plane. Will be safe at the resort? We should be able to keep our distance. I was stressing and worrying until my 7DD woke up and said - "only 30 days until we go to Disney!" Her pure excitement eased all my worries and they immediately disappeared.

I know we will follow procedures to keep us safe. I don't feel we are putting ourselves at any greater risk than we do already at home and in our jobs. I really think WDW will make every effort to make sure all the guests are following procedures too. I am looking at this as a little adventure for my family. DH and I get to leave the house to go to work, but the poor kids have been stuck at home with limited outings for the past 2 1/2 months.

I am crazy with you because our November trip might just be all resort unless we can purchase park tickets. :) It will be the first time in 15 years we've gone without a vacation in over 12 months.

We had a July 2-11 trip booked with my in laws which we rescheduled for Nov. Now with the resorts being open come June I got the crazy thought about just going down to relax at a resort. It would be my family of 5 DH, twin boys 14 and DD7. We are used to wearing masks all day for work and the kids have also been accustom to it too. Granted the heat is a different factor, but man flights are so cheap and it might be a different experience to just be forced to enjoy the resort. My only concern would be the food offerings, but there is always amazon prime now for some simple stuff.

We are from MA, so not in the group of people who are required to quarantine.

Now to convince my husband. He is used to my crazy ideas so he might just go along with it.
I am from Mass too, scheduled to leave 7/27. Worried about the heat and wearing masks all day but I think we’re going to go! We are thinking lots of pool time!

I'd just get an Airbnb with a pool if this were my plan.

Who knows what limits on the pools/food/distancing there will be. I wouldn't consider it relaxing with my toddler, I can tell you that.

Does anyone know if you have to wear masks outside at the resorts? Walking around the grounds of the resort would be relaxing, but I'm not sure I would want to do it if a mask is required.

Does anyone know if you have to wear masks outside at the resorts? Walking around the grounds of the resort would be relaxing, but I'm not sure I would want to do it if a mask is required.
I am pretty sure I heard they are required all over property.

The resorts are so beutiful that it would be hard not to enjoy one. 9 days without the parks would seem like a lot.

If you try it and don't like it you get to say there's no place like home and enjoy the rest of the summer.

Maybe we need to have a social distancing DIS get together somewhere!

I am hoping TOTWL will be open!
Slightly old thread here but has anyone heard when TOTWL will reopen? I've never been but was thinking of booking a couple of nights and checking it out.

Slightly old thread here but has anyone heard when TOTWL will reopen? I've never been but was thinking of booking a couple of nights and checking it out.

I know in the last round of CM call backs bartenders from there were called back...but it doesn’t mean they will be out there.

Have not heard if open..it doesn’t appear on the list for Bay Lake right now.

I know in the last round of CM call backs bartenders from there were called back...but it doesn’t mean they will be out there.

Have not heard if open..it doesn’t appear on the list for Bay Lake right now.
Thanks! Maybe July 10th when the Contemporary opens. 🤞

We are DVC and checking in July 19 for 5 nights at CCV. We have no park tickets. We’ll just make the most of enjoying our favorite resort. May drive to the coast one day.

When there is a hurricane/tornado/flesh eating fog/zombie convention/pandemic hotspot on the horizon I certainly wouldn't drive to it!!

I went down on Friday night to the Grand Floridian with my two older daughters. Parked, went to lunch at Grand Floridian Cafe (delicious). They had disposable menus or you could scan a QR code for the menu to come up on your phone. We received a text that our room was ready (11 am) and went directly to our room after...no checking in at the front desk. We used our magic band or we could have used the My Disney Experience app for entry. WE were upgraded from a deluxe studio to a one bedroom. The room was very clean but I still used my Clorox wipes to wipe all the touch points down. WE then went to the pool for 2 1/2 hours. The chairs were set up in groups of 2, 3 or 4 but all were 6 feet apart from each group. Most people were still picking seats away from each other. The Disney staff was continually cleaning the pool area. You are asked when you leave to lean your lounger back forward so they can come by and clean it after you leave. They had someone constantly walking around cleaning the entry handrails into the pool as well as any other surface that could be touched. You pick up your own towels and then put them back in the dirty towel holder as you leave. We went back to the pool at 7 pm and we literally were the only people there. We thought it was funny that we had our own personal lifeguards and almost our own bartender, lol!

I actually felt very safe and secure while there. It was much better than going to the grocery store, for sure! It felt very controlled and everybody (employees and guests) were very respectful of the rules that are posted everywhere. We did wear our masks anytime we were walking around the resort. We took them off when we were in our room, when we were eating and when we were sitting in our lounge chairs by the pool. Please know that some of the restaurants have a limited menu so check the menu on the MDE app before going there. We had a wonderful time and I vote for you to go and enjoy it! One more thing, we brought our own hand soap pump bottle. I found this easier for all of the hand washing instead of all sharing the same bar of soap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter