Am I crazy for wanting to return again and again?

jeepsrj

Mouseketeer
Hello Fellow Disney Friends, last year me and my DH made our first trip to the most amazing place ever DISNEY WORLD, we actually planned the trip because some friends of ours were taking their Kids for the family vacation and they invited us and well of course we had to go..(so glad we did too) we were there for 12 days it was amazing stayed at POP and had the time of our lives we all had fun. After we got back, well i'll just say we had Disney running through our veins and right away we started talking about going back, and for everyone to know we will be returning this May 9-16 and again in September 4-13. Our friends say we are crazy for returning and keep saying we should go on vacation somewhere else and not keep going back to Disney....We love it though and plan on coming year after year...any frequent visitors every catch any flack from friends for going so much?

My brother and his family used to go just about every year and I could never understan why. Then my Dh , our girls, and I went and now I'm hooked. I don't want to wish the year away but December can't come soon enough. :hyper:

thank you for that, I guess we just love Disney more...lol, I mean I plan on going on other vacations but I don't know if I can give up my Disney..lol

I get flack all the time. Myself and DD10 actually went 4 times from March 07 to March 08 (two of them long trips). We love it. I start planning as soon as I decide when we are going back. I drive my mother crazy because she says once I get booked and get into "Disney Mode" I don't shut up talking about every aspect of our trip. We actually start listening to all our Disney CDs months before we go. I'm actually in the Disney zone now because we are going for 10 days in June. :cool1: Most people don't get my love for WDW, I have friends and family who say the same thing "why don't you go somewhere else". I guess I just have mouse running through my veins.

We bought APs - went 12/2007. 01/2008, 05/2008 and 10/2008. Enough, right? We were not going again for a couple of years, right? No - we just got back - booked a trip on January 4 for 01/20 -27. Repeat after me - we are not going back for a couple of years! (Now watch to see how long I hold out - WDW is like crack to me!!! :rotfl2: )

And yes, I get flack all the time. "you're going AGAIN???" So what - you go to the beach every summer!

I totally understand where you are coming from! We are going again in two weeks (our 3rd time in a year) and we have another trip in the works for December. Our family just rolls their eyes when I talk about it. They totally don't get it. The funny thing is, I am the one that is considered the "Disney freak" of the family, but my husband was the one who decided we were going for our upcoming trip! This will be the 3rd trip for our 12 month old (she was 9 weeks old her first visit) and the 4th trip for our 3 year old. I know that alot of people don't understand it but we love it, our daughter loves it, and we have a wonderful time, so we will probably keep doing it until our girls decide they want to do something else! I never went to Disney World as a child and I always dreamed of going. My first trip was after I graduated from college, and I was hooked! My husband and I honeymooned there also. We already have wonderful memories from there and look forward to making more. We know that our girls probably won't remember much if anything from these early visits (thats what our family keeps huffing about) but my husband and I will and we will cherish those memories! Bottom line - ignore everyone else and do what is right for your family. Have fun!

not crazy...at least not crazy to those of us on the Disboards:rotfl2:

To the rest of the world, well, yes, we're crazy. :dance3: But do we care, no!

Have fun on your next visit to WDW pixiedust:

Welcome to a place where you can never go enough!

To heck with what our friends say!

Do what you like. we are making our third annual trip and I recently became a part time Disney planner, because I love it so much.:wave2:

I caught the fever in 1992. But it was not until the first year in 1995 that we stayed on property that I really got hooked. Since then we go at least once a year. We finally joined DVC in 2004 and really enjoy our trips so much more now. I think one of the things that you have to learn is that this is not your last trip and slow down the pace and enjoy yourself. I remember the trips when we would go commando to all of the parks for 4 straight days. Man I would need a vacation from my vacation just to rest up. These days we have experienced most of what WDW has to offer and will stay longer but at a slower, easier pace. We have friends that can not believe that we are going back to WDW for vacation again. But hey I can not believe that they are going fishing again or going back to the mountains. I thought they did that last year!!!

We loved going at WDW again and again. If it's fine and not that expensive we want to go every after 2 months but we can't. It's not fine with our schedules and for the kids, so as much as possible once a year. So your not that one becoming crazy wanting to return again and again in WDW. :thumbsup2

Crazy? No way! I'm trying to convince DH that we need to move to Fla. Well more specifically no more than a 1 hour radius of WDW. So that I can become an annual passholder and go all the time. :cheer2:

I still haven't won the argument, but with it snowing today and tomorrow, it might push him in that direction. Maybe I'll just send him the weather today in Orlando.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter