Am I allowed to leave car at GF after a late brunch and head to MK?

barefootMom

Mouseketeer
If I were to go to a 11:30 reservation at 1900 Park Fare but then head to MK after that for the rest of the day, will I be ok leaving my car there for that amount of time?

Ahh, the weekly 'can I eat & leave my car....' thread.

You can leave your car at the main parking lot for MK & then take monorail to GF & then take monorail/boat to MK.

-OR-

If staying on site you can use Disney transport entirely.

If staying off site you can Uber/Lyft to GF then monorail/boat to MK.

Happy planning!

If you have a Tables in Wonderland card, or are disabled with a valid disability car sticker , you may valet for free. You need to show your dining receipt when picking up your car. Of course, tipping is not included.

If you have a Tables in Wonderland card, or are disabled with a valid disability car sticker , you may valet for free. You need to show your dining receipt when picking up your car. Of course, tipping is not included.
But even Tables in Wonderland doesn't allow you to leave for a theme park after dining using the card. It's only for a period of time while you are dining, usually about three hours. You have to bring the valet parking stand your receipt that showed you used the TIW card to dine at that resort.

On;y for 3 hours

I think that used to be the official written policy. If you scour *this* website under parking information it will list that. But the official Disney website no longer has that anywhere.
It certainly seems reasonable. I wonder why they removed it. Generally, if something was included in earlier versions and then omitted, the presumption is that a change was intended. Anyway, 3 hours or not, the card still says the valet is complimentary for purposes of dining at the resort. So it still prohibits leaving your car with the valet to visit the parks.

It used to be written 3 hours.
TiW policy says Complimentary Resort valet and theme park parking for dining purposes .

If you self park, will they tow your vehicle if you go the park after? Probably not.
However, if I were staying at that resort and had to park a long distance away because many people had dinner at the resort restaurant and then went to the park and left their car in the lot, I would not be happy.

From what I recall, 3 hours was the general time resorts would give people to leave their car so they could dine and then check out the resort. Especially this time of year, more people than usual like to visit the resorts to check out holiday decorations, or whatever else. I think if you self-park at the resort there is a bit of a grace period, but not one that's long enough for you to finish your day at the park.

The replies are interesting. I often plan a trip around dining and valet parking. As an older adult my park visit is often short. I will keep the 3 hr limit in mind. Thankyou

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter