Always take a screen shot of your fastpass picks

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by gometros, May 18, 2018 at 8:02 AM.

1. gometros

gometros <font color=teal>WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector an

Yesterday we had 1:45 fastpasses for Frozen Ever After and showed promptly on time. We tapped in, the circle turned blue and the cat member said we were four hours early! That it was showing a 6:05 arrival. I knew that was wrong and immediately kicked myself for not taking my own advice this trip. Fortunately, when we checked in MDE, it verifid our time, so no harm no foul. But, always take screen shots of your fastpass picks.

2. ilovevacation

ilovevacation Mouseketeer

Agreed! I heard a you tuber suggest you change your lock screen picture to your screen shot so that you can save battery from going into your phone and app multiple times, brilliant!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. kj2mom

kj2mom DIS Veteran

Yes! I do the lock screen thing and love it!

5. AprilDreamsOfDisney

AprilDreamsOfDisney Newbie Poster but Forever DisneyDreamer!

I echo the lock screen suggestion! Works so well!

SouloTravlr likes this.
  6. TinkAriel111

TinkAriel111 Earning My Ears

You could also maybe add it to the calendar on your phone and have it send a reminder to everyone about 5-10 minutes before. Just a suggestion.

7. Haley R

Haley R With all the strength of a raging fire

I had never done the screen shotting before, but did it on our last trip and it was SO smart. The app takes forever to open and sometimes is really slow so it was easier to see all of my FPs in my pictures.

SpaceMtnGirl likes this.
  8. supersnoop

supersnoop What time is the three o'clock parade?

What’s the point? I guess if you want to remind yourself it would be useful, but a screenshot isn’t proof that you currently hold a fastpass.

9. Haley R

I would say most CMs would let you through if you show a screen shot. Not all of them would, but we have had a couple be generous when we were politely showing them our screen shot.

gottalovepluto and 1lilspark like this.
  10. ghtx

ghtx DIS Veteran

But then people could make a FP, take a screenshot, then modify it for another one, then take a screenshot of that, etc. So you would have screenshots of unlimited FPs. Seems like a screenshot of a FP shouldn't suffice.

11. ktate82

ktate82 DIS Veteran

When we had issues last July and October, they wouldn't accept a screen shot. They had us wait for the app to open (sometimes it would, sometimes we had to open it up on explorer), log in, and show that we had a FP for ALL of us at that time. It happened at least every other day.

gottalovepluto, LilyWDW and vinotinto like this.
  12. hiroMYhero

hiroMYhero I'm satisfied with my care... Moderator

Screenshots were accepted in the past when the handheld, remote RFID FP scanners weren’t working. We were allowed into the Eat to the Beat concert FP seating by showing our FP screenshots while all the others in line were trying to access their MDX account. The same thing happened for FoF FP viewing.

There probably aren’t any FP venues that continue to use the remote scanners but screenshots were helpful in the past.

13. Haley R

They let us through two or three times with a screen shot. It really just depends on the CM.

14. Amanda999

Amanda999 DIS Veteran

I've also had CMs refuse to honor screenshots of my FP on MDE - when MDE was down system-wide even. They said they can't know if I'd changed it since. Even though the system was down for everyone and my screen shot was from about an hour prior.

I do take a screen shot for myself, so I remember when my FP are (without having to get online every time).

gottalovepluto and AngiTN like this.
  15. shocker

shocker DIS Veteran

I can't even get 3 FP's to show on my screen at the same time & won't show what date they are for if I scroll down.
    1) I'd have to take 3 screen shots per day 2) the CM won't know what day they are for & I doubt would honor them. I could just show a screen shot of an FOP FP I had from 3 days ago, don't think that will work.

16. supersnoop

supersnoop What time is the three o'clock parade?

I wonder if the CM’s realize they were looking at a screenshot or if they thought they were just looking at MDE.

DanielNYC likes this.
  17. hiroMYhero

hiroMYhero I'm satisfied with my care... Moderator

I told the CMs they were screenshots and they were fine with them as the complete FP line was backed up due to the failure of their scanners. We were the first ones through based on our screenshot.

beesly and rteetz like this.
  18. DanielNYC

DanielNYC Space Mountain or bust!

Someone who knows Photoshop could craft any FP selection they choose then try and show that as proof of their selection. I suspect it’s not that hard to do.

19. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

You are right.
    Which is why screen shots aren't allowed by most CM.
    Rare is the CM that will accept them.
    I would never, ever suggest someone count on that, that's for sure.
    Using it for your own reference, fine.
    Using it to try and prove your FP time, poor idea

20. TinkAriel111

TinkAriel111 Earning My Ears

I would use a screenshot just to remind me of when my times are not to just get in the ride.

LadyDiznee123 likes this.
  21. PrincessWithABlaster

PrincessWithABlaster DIS Veteran

Because of the design of the app graphics, it's child's play to anyone with basic familiarity with photo editing software. Like ridiculously easy. They really shouldn't accept them unless the FP system is down.

DanielNYC likes this.