Altered Paint Can Swap- Go to the "other" thread to track the sign-ups

Sharon,
You skipped me!! ;) But I changed my mind! :teeth:

Group 1 - Donald
Group 2 - Snow White
Group 3 - Chip and Dale
Group 4 - Christmas

Question:

If we wanted to get more than 3 back in a group would that be possible if we made the number of cans to match the group size?

I think I updated new sign-ups, changes, and those I forgot (sorry :rolleyes1 ).
To answer questions:
I got quart size cans at Home Depot and at Lowes. They are right next to the gallon-size ones.

I am not sure how to answer the question about making and getting back more than three. I guess if you made one for everybody in the group, that would work. Since the groups have gotten so large, I think there would be enough assortment to send more than three back if you send in more than three. I will send postage details later.

If we make and send in 3, how is it decided which 3 we will get back? Cos in my group, there are some I just GOTS to have! LOL

Sharon,
I don't think all your changes saved on the first page as I don't see my changes and I don't see Buffy's picks either. Me and the submit button have been having problems lately too.
I had pictured in my head the gallon size bucket when I was thinking how in the world do we ship three of THOSE?! The quart size can should be a whole lot easier to pack up. Since they are NOT the monster size I thought they were, I'd be game to make more than three also. 'Cause there are some I also feel like I just GOTS to have too.

I will take a look at the Edit issue and see what's going on. I re-saved it several times and it didn't seem to take. Rest assured, anybody who has posted has a spot in the swap.

I'm not sure how to determine who will get what back. Anybody have any ideas???? I have done these sort of swaps before where you rank your order of preference and then they are swapped out that way. I will have to think about it. I didn't think this one would get so big!!!

Well, we could all just bite the bullet and make 7. You would still have the headache of making sure no one got theirs back, but there would be no disappointments. If 6 out of 8 people want the Villians but there are only 3 Villian cans, you would be put in a tight spot trying to decide who gets them and who doesn't.
Edited to add: And we should all make the post-it cover if we are making so many cans. Embellishing an album is alot of work to do 7 times for each group you are in.

I would be willing to make 1 for everyone. They don't take long to put together. And since it is so far away I can buy cans a little at a time.

I agree that something small like a mini composition book or a post-it cover or maybe a small frame would work best. As far as the numbers go, I think we all need to agree on how many to make. THey are very small and rather inexpensive (about $1.75) each but if we are going to make them for everybody in the group, we need to agree. Anybody have any other ideas?

The other thought, to keep the number down to the original three everyone signed on for is to just split each group into 2. The top 4 in one group and the last 4 in the second group. This way it is not you deciding who gets what, it is just the luck of the way we signed up.

I like AlexWyattMommy's idea. Four seems reasonable to me. But then again, I'm in a group where I'd be happy with any of the cans. :) It is all good.

Also, I got my cans at Lowe's for $2.36 each. And I was plannng on making a little mini album out of paint chips in Ariel type colors. I was going to embellish the front and use ribbon to attach it all together. Sound ok?

AlexWyattMommy said:
The other thought, to keep the number down to the original three everyone signed on for is to just split each group into 2. The top 4 in one group and the last 4 in the second group. This way it is not you deciding who gets what, it is just the luck of the way we signed up.

I like this idea, too...I'm off to Home Depot today to get my cans and get started. Thanks!

Do you guys know if I can enter this swap even if i'm new to altered cans?? I have done scrapbooking and other altered items. I would really like any group!!! :yay:

I'd be willing to move up to making 4 paint cans for my group (3) but I think I'd start to get nervous about making more than that.

As for which person gets which can, maybe we all request 2 we'd really like, and are gaurenteed at least one of those? Or perhaps, requesting one not to receive? Either way, leaving it a little random.

Also, a question. What is the best way people have found for adhering the paper to the can in the end? Spray adhesive, wet glue, glue dots? Any suggestions?

I was planning on using that super sticky tape. I never can remember what it is called. :rolleyes1

I have my stuff already, so let me know if I need to get one more. Thanks! I can't wait to get started!! :banana:

patchchild said:
I'd be willing to move up to making 4 paint cans for my group (3) but I think I'd start to get nervous about making more than that.

As for which person gets which can, maybe we all request 2 we'd really like, and are gaurenteed at least one of those? Or perhaps, requesting one not to receive? Either way, leaving it a little random.

Also, a question. What is the best way people have found for adhering the paper to the can in the end? Spray adhesive, wet glue, glue dots? Any suggestions?

Double sided tape for paper and mod podge for cardstock. Although I used mod podge for the paper on the cans I posted pics of. It just seemed to adhere better. Use a little steal wool or sand paper to scratch the surface of the can put on some mod podge, adhere the paper and mod podge again.
Same thing goes for the lid.

I'm flexible in the groups but 4 per group sounds good to me.

Sharon,
I'm still not on there. Are you still having problems editing? I'm having trouble logging in.
Should we post an updated list on a new post here?

Sure, you can enter the swap even if you haven't done cans before. I encourage you to check out the www.twopeasinabucket.com site for lots of good examples.
I think I will act upon the suggestion of asking folks to rank the order of which ones in your group you would prefer to get back. Then...as many as you send in, I will try to meet everybody's request. I do hope that people will consider making enough for the whole group, but if not, I understand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!