Already checked in, but I have a few questoins now.

disneymegs

Mouseketeer
I checked in yesterday and have my Traditions class tomorrow. Did anyone wear Mary Jane stlye shoes, and were they accepted? Also, can girls take purses into Traditions with them? It doesn't say anything about them in my Disney look handbook. I see that we can wear our company ID's on a lanyard, plain black or pin trading, but does it matter which pin trading lanyard we wear and can we put pins on it? :confused3 Thanks!

I checked in yesterday and have my Traditions class tomorrow. Did anyone wear Mary Jane stlye shoes, and were they accepted? Also, can girls take purses into Traditions with them? It doesn't say anything about them in my Disney look handbook. I see that we can wear our company ID's on a lanyard, plain black or pin trading, but does it matter which pin trading lanyard we wear and can we put pins on it? :confused3 Thanks!

Mary Jane style shoes should be fine, but wear something you will be comfortable walking in because you will be doing some of that.

You can take your purse with you, but you will/should have it checked before you board the bus to Magic Kingdom, so just fair warning.

I don't think it matter which lanyard you wear, most people I've seen have two separate ones (1 for your id, one for pins). Your IDs are usually supposed to be worn backstage, and taken off onstage. I don't think it really matters, or that there's a 'rule' about it, but that's what usually goes down.

Do all Traditions classes go to MK? Or did you go seperately cause you worked there or something? I'm working at Downtown Disney.

Do all Traditions classes go to MK? Or did you go seperately cause you worked there or something? I'm working at Downtown Disney.

Yes, all Traditions classes go to MK now, at least they did for my arrival date. They basically take you through some of the backstage areas, and have you observe cast members interacting with guests onstage for a short period. Then you return to your classroom to discuss what you saw.

Oh cool! How do you like it? I'm anxious to actually start working! I'm a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Hostess at Downtown Disney :)

Thanks so much! I really wanna take one so I don't lose my ID or anything from my folder. I'm all paranoid to be sent home for not following the look guidelines. Are french manicures allowed? Lol. Did you go to MK too?

Yes, you can bring a purse. When I went on my tour of MK I left it behind and so did a lot of other people.

Yes, you can have a french manicure.

When you do you theme park orientation and then your land orientation, they'll give you a lanyard to it your ID in. Or you could get one from Company D. I know a lot of people who did. You probably wont be able to wear your ID anyway, since you'll be on stage a lot during your orientations, so it doesn't really matter. I have a harry potter lanyard and it has three pins on it, but no one really sees it, so it doesn't matter.

I have a lanyard from Company D which has my Disney ID, Housing ID, laundry card and my apartment key on it (that way to go check someone in etc, I'm not bringing two sets of stuff)

You pretty much always want to have your IDs with you on property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter