Alpha

boBQuincy

<font color=green>I am not carrying three pods<br>
Ok, so maybe I have been out of scrapbooking too long, but what is the difference between an alpha and a font?

confused boB

An alpha is made with added dimension to look a certain way, a font is just like using a pen to write on your page. What you have been doing on your LO's in essence is making your own alphas. Designers use commercial fonts to make alphas for sale. For a long time I made my own with fonts but I much prefer alphas now. Designers get really creative with them, making them into charms, beads, tags, all sorts of things, it just adds a little more flair to you page.
Here I've mixed an alpha with elements and two fonts, one underneath and one on the tag. Putting that together was a whole lot easier having the alpha already made for me.
519128286_4CJBK-L.jpg

I could be wrong ... but I distinguish the 2 like this:

Font - you just type it.

Alpha - you "hand" place each individual letter on the page. Like a sticker.

:)

I guess I have been making alphas and word art all along. There are so many acronyms and abbreviations to scrapbooking! F-stops, HDR, Av, ISO... now *those* I know! ;)

Thank you! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!