Almost forgot: When did the drink policy change??

Gurgi

DIS Veteran
We went to Biergarten 3 weeks ago, and normally DH gets a soda, milk, then a coffee to drink with his meal since all drinks are included (except alcohol). He's done this at every buffet at WDW.

Bill comes, and there's a seperate charge for the milk and coffee. Question the server, he said that you have *always* had to pay for "extra drinks" and we argued that it had NOT always been the case. Server actually got a little defiant and said that we had just been getting dishonest servers giving us "free drinks".

I spoke to the manager (more about the way the server acted) and she said that it was something new with the Disney Dining Plan. I told her that we weren't on that, and she shrugged and went back to the conversation with another employee.

I'm not worried about $5 in drinks, but the menu outside specifically still states that all drinks are included, except alcohol. Heck, we went to Ohana right before Biergarten recently, and they didn't charge for the extra drinks.

The same thing happened to us at Cape May. We asked for coffee with our deserts at the end of the meal and was told that there was an extra change. THis was last spring 06 and is only when using the DDP.

The same thing happened to us at Cape May. We asked for coffee with our deserts at the end of the meal and was told that there was an extra change. THis was last spring 06 and is only when using the DDP.

Interesting. We never use the DDP, so I wonder why the extra charge?

we were at Biergarten in April and there were 6 adults. Three had beer and three had soft drinks and coffee......we did not pay for the soft drinks or the coffee.....We did not do the dining plan but we did have DDE card.....So I remember looking at the bill for the six of us.......

I wish I could remember the specifics, as I remember hearing a cm talk about extra drinks but can't remember the details. I think that your buffet covers one non-alcoholic beverage per person. You can get refills on that drink, but if you order a different type of drink (a Sprite after a Coke), then that's exceeding your "included beverage."

I *think* this is how it works: If you order a Coke with your meal and then a coffee to go with dessert, then the coffee could be an extra charge because it's an extra drink. Your Coke was the "included" drink with the meal.

Maybe someone who knows the specifics better than I do can chime in with information because I'm not sure if I have the details right.

One thing that puzzled me was that there was an extra charge for chocolate milk at some places if you were not on the dining plan. :confused3 I've never encountered that at a non-WDW restaurant.

I know at Crystal Palace and H&V I have had coffee after my meal and they did not charge me extra. I remember because I was fully expecting that they WOULD charge me. Our first trip we didn't have DDP, the 2 after that we did, then 2 more without, and we have never been charged extra for coffee at buffets.

It doesn't surprise me that they may have changed this, but it is NOT the way they have been doing it all along.

i've often had multiple (non-alcoholic) drinks and never ever was charged extra... OOP or on the DDP... for instance, at CP i had an OJ, an iced tea and a cup of coffee (need that extra caffeine and sugar!) and no add'l charge... dh had chocolate milk, coffee and oj and no add'l charge...

if it's "unlimited soft drinks" then i can't see where changing your beverage type would matter... but that's just me! :)

In January I was told that there would be an extra charge for my coffee at some of out TS restaurants and agreed. I was only charged at one.

In August everywhere but Hoop de doo we were told coffee would be a second drink and a separate charge. Makes sense to me, it says beverage included not beverages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter