All those with 20 inches of snow or more.......

... OUCH !!!!! That just aint fair ! I hope ACY is open by 2:00, but it don't look promising out there. Good luck, let us know how you make out.

AYE from Maine!

We haven't seen a day above freezing in weeks - months? :confused: Cabin fever is taking its toll in our house for sure!

I think this storm is just going to skirt us - a bit of snow after noon today - but boy, I wish I was "home" at VWL right now. Our October trip can't come soon enough!:bounce:

Good luck to you all trying to get home now!

Daisy

The snow has arrived in SE MA:(

bliss4us, I'm originally from ME. My parents and extended family are still there in Windham. Are you close? I know what you mean about the cold, my uncle's septic system froze yesterday:eek: My kids and I are headed up Thursday for the weekend. DS really wants to go sledding with "Bampa" so I hope it's not too cold!

A couple of miles west of Washington Dulles airport here - I think we got about 2 feet of snow, although it's hard to tell due to the drifting. Looks like it is finally stopping. Now we just need to dig out. DH wouldn't do it yesterday as it fell, had to wait for it to finish. Idiot!! I figure he might finish the driveway by nightfall.
Oh well - maybe this will be enough to get him to think about moving to Florida.

Hi Jacksmom99!

Nice to hear from another Mainer! We're not close, but not far, from Windham, if that makes any sense. We live in Brownfield, just across the state line from New Hampshire. If you've ever been to the Fryeburg Fair, we're in the town next door!

Frozen septic, ew!:eek:

I guess we should count ourselves lucky that nothing has frozen/exploded/leaked with all this frigid weather. At least it leaves me lots of time to plan our next trip "home"!

Stay warm,

Daisy;)

I was just wondering.....What happens to your ressie if you can't get there because of a major storm? Do you loose your points, or is there some kind of policy for major storms? I'm in Central Jersey and all our airports are closed. :confused:

The latest in the capital district is now 12-14 inches. Less than 12 hours ago it was only 2-4 inches. It has now started and it is about 2hours early, please no more snow!!!!
I want to live at OKW!!!!!

Tired of the snow also.....If the good Lord allows me to be here that long, I will be only having to spend 12 more winters in PA until retirement. Then it will be Florida for me! Until then I just have to wait until my not frequent enough DVC visits!

I was just wondering.....What happens to your ressie if you can't get there because of a major storm? Do you loose your points, or is there some kind of policy for major storms? I'm in Central Jersey and all our airports are closed.

I think you loose your points. I think that is one of the reasons they suggest travel insurance.

WE a have 15+ inches here in central Pa and expecting more. I'll be spending the day here on the dis and planning our summer family trip. Sounds good to me.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I was just wondering.....What happens to your ressie if you can't get there because of a major storm? Do you loose your points, or is there some kind of policy for major storms? I'm in Central Jersey and all our airports are closed.

I would call member service, let them know of the problem you have with the closed airport. DVC is NOT "heartless", maybe they can work something out. Are you planning on going when the AP opens?

Hi Everyone ... checking in from Bucks County, PA ... 45 minutes above Philly. It's snowing heavy again now. Was at work yesterday and what should have been a 45 minute ride was closer to 2 1/2 hours.

A great excuse to stay in today and plan that summer vacation.

jcanary ... how are you doing? I see that you're heading to WDW this summer. I think we might be there at the same time!!!

Stay warm!

OK, all you easterers!! MI got that same snowstorm last week, AND the week before that! Since I live on the lakeshore I have LOTS of snow, and ice underneath. We have only had school 4 days in two weeks, and when this storm is just a memory, all of us with kids will be remembering and still dealing with it, since our kids have to make up all those days of school in June! I am already sweating whether I am going to have to try to switch my vacation --and, believe me, I am really looking forward to BWV right now! The weather here, however, turned sunny two days ago, and if you squint your eyes, it's almost like being in Florida, except that it's only 8*. So, keep shoveling, and in about a week you will have some beautiful sunshine--cold sunshine, but it's still beautiful!!

Hi Everybody,
We've received a foot of snow with another foot to come here 60 miles north of NYC. This feels like the neverending winter. I think I'll go get under the covers and watch the disney "great hotels" with my "girlfriend" Samantha Brown. Thank God for Tivo.
-Chris

It's noon and the snow has virtually stopped and the sun even peeked out for a sec. Hurricane Schwartz isn't certain its done though, still some clouds spinning around,not sure where they're gonna dump at.

Cruella, I'm squintin' reallll hardddd and I don't see nothin' that reminds me of Florida. Well...maybe Blizzard Beach, but without the palm trees.

Hi, just a few thoughts from another "Jersey Girl" snowed in today.

"Terry in NJ" is my sister and her flight has now been cancelled and she DID lose today's points. So there was no working with DVC on this one. She's rebooked for tomorrow on Spirit. Ter, I hope you are in sunny FL soon!

Mary Jo -- You're not wishing to hug Snow White?!?

And I know I'm looking at the Exchange in Aruba here as we're snowed in! :smooth:

AYE!!!! Two feet and still falling.

We are suppose to have 25" of this white stuff and we are sick of it and tired of shoveling. Can't wait till it's 80 and we are at BCV.

Michele

KNWVIKING: we're about 80 miles north and east of you and it's STILL snowing like a bandit. you mean there's hope of it stopping? when you're out there shovelling for about a half hour, if you squint through the ice crystals, it may look a little like blizzard beach. the teens are digging igloos in the front yard right now. i think we all need a disney fix right now.

.... now it's SLEETING. All we need now is a little hail and we'll have just about covered every form of frozen rain. Hurry up May 3rd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter