All the makings of a disaster… I’m bringing two reluctant teens and the in-laws!!

Love the Halloween shirt! It's making me excited to get back to MNSSHP! We're still trying to figure out costumes...my DH isn't real big on dressing up so I'm trying to think of simple costumes.
Thanks! I absolutely love MNSSHP and and most excited about that! I'm starting to feel weird about the costume thing now, being in the park will be fine, but I'm overthinking the bus situation and how freaky we'll look

I also love the t-shirt. :teeth: Now that you have your costume figured out, think you can work on something for DH and I? I still. got. nothing. :confused3
hmmmmm, sorry, all thunk out on my idea, which I'm now rethinking:confused3.

Joining in! I can totally relate to your sentiments about walmart! We have one two minutes from our house, but I always drive ten minutes to target because every time I go to walmart something bad / weird / annoying happens. One trip, I had a teenage boy ask me if I was single (I'm 30, with a wedding ring on, and a baby sitting in the front of my cart - really???), then in the next isle over had a lady try to pick up my child from out of our cart. one minute she was oooohing and ahhhhing over him, then the next thing I know she is lifting him out of the seat!:scared1: Needless to say, I bolted and haven't turned back.
:scared: THAT'S TERRIBLE about the baby snatching!!!!! I don't know what I would have done! Funny about the teenage boy though. I do usually go to Target, which is probably about the same distance, but their clothing was a bit too current for me to find the nightgown, so on those extremely rare occasions, I have to venture to Walmart.
:rotfl2:

Go for it. I've been thinking about adding random non-Disney recipes to mine. I do weekly menus on the computer and sometimes set one up ahead of time -- middle daughter's birthday is this week and when I clicked on the menu page I'd set up long time back, up popped a picture of the birthday cake she wants. Chocolate cake with reeses pieces on top and kitkat bars all around! :upsidedow
mmmmm, that sounds delicious

Part of me is jealous you've only got 33 days to go; part of me is looking forward to your trip report (you're doing one, right?)Yup, that's the plan:thumbsup2; and part of me thinks, "I'm glad I've more anticipation time to go before I hit Disney". Apparently I am just like Walt Whitman, "I am large; I contain multitudes." ;)

I totally agree, I actually do get sad once the trip is upon me, cause now I have nothing to look forward to/plan. I am envious of the people who are planning a trip as soon as they return.

I love that shirt! So colorful, and such a clever use of Mickey's actual ears! :Thanks!!

:rotfl:
I haven't seen anything like that at our local Walmarts (although admittedly I don't go to either one very often), maybe because we live in such a boring city. :p I looked over the site a while back, and it seems to me that, while a lot of the "people of Walmart" likely "don't know any better" (as my grandma always put it), a fair percentage of them are just quirky characters who are perfectly happy in their EXTRAORDINARY color choices, and although they may wearing outfits that likely glow in the dark, otherwise they're perfectly reasonably dressed. They usually look like they know they're a bit out of line but are having fun with it. :joker:

Although probably half the people hanging out of their clothes think they're perfectly reasonably dressed, too, because a lot of them are in the south and it's presumably hot. :p But I agree that they mostly look harmless. The truck parked out by my lone car would unnerve me, though. But maybe it's a compliment and they thought your car nice enough to park by, on the theory that you wouldn't mar their treasured truck getting in your car.
You've clearly been going to the wrong Walmarts. Yeah, we do get those people who don't appear to own any mirrors, or decided to just not get dressed today, gotta love it

So, I've been seeing all these September people reporting about getting their Mickey Mail, and of course, I knew my day would come. I've been anxiously awaiting it's arrival:surfweb:, and what happens on Tuesday?????

hmmmm.....:confused3

ummmmmmm......:scratchin

???????????.....:confused:

My Mother in laws Mickey Mail arrives at my house.....

and....Mine....Does....Not?????????????????????:mad::mad:

So I think, ok, maybe it's coming tomorrow:goodvibes, which was yesterday.

And NOPE, no Mickey Mail.

This is very strange, as I made my res about a week before her, I paid off both trips at the same time, and we have the same last name (in case there is some alphabetical thing going on).

Of course I checked on-line, and I still have a res, that is showing it's paid off.

It's just annoying, do they send Mickey Mail out as randomly as if it's a pin code, what's the rationale here?

Ok, rant over. I have to believe it will be there today.::yes::

In other trip news, I am exactly ONE MONTH away!!!!!!

Since the hard drive is down at work this morning, I'll entertain you with some non trip related nonsensepopcorn::.

I mentioned in a previous post that my kids passports expire next month and I need to get them renewed. We don't need them for this trip, but I don't want them to expire. I will usually bring them with us anyway, just in case, but I know it's not necessary. They also need them in November so they can go to Canada (Hockey hall of fame induction weekend:thumbsup2).

So, last week I read up on what I need to do. Apparently my husband and I both need to go with the kids, and everyone needs to be present to do this since they were issued when they were both under 16 (one still is, of course). There is a library one town over that does full-service passport processing, they'll take photos, help you with paperwork, and send it along to where it needs to go. So, I pick a night that we all were going to be home and decide this is the night we will go to the library to do this. I go to the secret spot where all the important documents are kept, and only mine and DHs passports are there...WTH.

I start frantically searching all the areas around the "secret" area, and can't find them. Then we are up in the attic looking through the luggage to see if we never unpacked them from last summer. Nope.

Then we rip the hall closet apart since that's where the backpacks and bags that we take on the plane are kept. Nope, not there either.

Next thing I know, I'm looking in places where they would have no business being, under the bed, kitchen cabinets, junk drawers. Nope.

Did we leave them in a safe at the hotel last summer? (wouldn't surprise me, as I left all of DHs clothes on Maui when we flew to Big Island, he had to borrow the kids clothes until they shipped them:lmao:). Surely they'd contact us if that were the case.

Am I losing my mind, did I take them out already in preparation of getting them renewed? I actually looked in my desk at work the next day:blush:

Welp, now it's too late to go to the library anyways, so I give it a rest.

A couple days later I remembered DS17 mentioning to me about a week before that he and his brother were going to defect to Canada:rotfl2:. So I think, hmmm, could they have actually seriously considered this and found the passports? He's not home at that moment so I asked DS14, he had no idea what I was talking about. I forgot about it, so I don't ask DS17.

I research what I need to do about the lost passports, and as far as I can tell, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal, it will just cost more money.

Yesterday, I start looking again since I had some time, and DS17 was in his room, so after about an hour, I pop my head in and ask if he happens to have seen the passports. "Yup, they're right here in this drawer":furious: I asked what they were doing there and he said they were in a pile of stuff that DH threw in the middle of his floor when he rearranged the furniture at the beginning of the summer, so he just put it all in a drawer:rolleyes1

Now, I don't know if that's true, but he isn't one to lie or be sneaky, so I have to take him at his word...and keep my eyes open about them packing suitcases for their defection;)

Woohoo for 1 month! :banana:

As far as the Mickey Mail, I truly do believe it's as random as pixie dust seems to be. You'll read over on the resort board people are 60+ days out and receive it ... some people are saying less than 10 days to go and still no Mickey Mail. :confused3 Who knows?!?

Hope you get it soon! :goodvibes

:eek: OMG! After you drove yourself absolutely nutso trying to find them ... hmmmm ... how odd! Love how he tried to be so casual about it, too. :rolleyes1 Ain't teenagers great?! :laughing:

Now, I don't know if that's true, but he isn't one to lie or be sneaky, so I have to take him at his word...and keep my eyes open about them packing suitcases for their defection;)

I can relate to the passports search. :rolleyes: Although my specialty is searching and searching for stuff that is exactly where it's supposed to be. Once both hubby and I repeatedly checked the "Library shelf" for an overdue book, didn't see it ans so moved on to places it didn't belong. Said book finally showed up when we asked eldest daughter to join in the search -- she checked the shelf where it belonged and there it was. :confused3

:eek: OMG! After you drove yourself absolutely nutso trying to find them ... hmmmm ... how odd! Love how he tried to be so casual about it, too. :rolleyes1 Ain't teenagers great?! :laughing:

I honestly cannot imagine how they got on his floor, unless they fell out of a suitcase (his room has the staircase to the attic attached), seems odd that both would fall out though. They are so lucky I manage to keep my sense of humor:rolleyes2.

I can relate to the passports search. :rolleyes: Although my specialty is searching and searching for stuff that is exactly where it's supposed to be. Once both hubby and I repeatedly checked the "Library shelf" for an overdue book, didn't see it ans so moved on to places it didn't belong. Said book finally showed up when we asked eldest daughter to join in the search -- she checked the shelf where it belonged and there it was. :confused3

Haha, we had a similar library book situation. I actually paid for the missing book, then 6 months later I was clearing the shelf of books to donate to the library, and yup there it was. So I paid for it , and donated it back:confused3

I got home yesterday and the mailbox was looking pretty full:goodvibes.

I grabbed the mail with such anticipation, hurried in the house, dropped my bags and started to dig through.

And what do you think was there????

Come on, you got this...

If you guessed my mother in laws magic express documents, you would be correct:headache:

No mickey mail for me, or magic express documents:confused3 The Disney
Gods are having quite a chuckle, now aren't they.

Clearly they want my sweet mother in law to come, but I'm beginning to feel like I've been banned.

One way or another THEY WILL LET ME IN:bitelip:

:headache: Seriously? MM has to be coming soon. Have you tried calling? See, I'm so impatient, I'd have had to call by now. ::yes::

I got home yesterday and the mailbox was looking pretty full:goodvibes.

I grabbed the mail with such anticipation, hurried in the house, dropped my bags and started to dig through.

And what do you think was there????

Come on, you got this...

If you guessed my mother in laws magic express documents, you would be correct:headache:

No mickey mail for me, or magic express documents:confused3 The Disney
Gods are having quite a chuckle, now aren't they.

Clearly they want my sweet mother in law to come, but I'm beginning to feel like I've been banned.

One way or another THEY WILL LET ME IN:bitelip:

I'm still waiting for my mickey mail, too (although it's because DH just finalized our arrangements with Disney on Monday, I am not the normal time frame:))!! I bet the mailman thinks I'm stalking him! Wonder if he's used to someone staring out the window at him every time he drops off the mail.....

I am extremely pleased to report

That my MICKEY MAIL HAS ARRIVEDpixiedust::jumping1:

Interesting tidbit though.

When I was reviewing it (to make sure it is correct, of course), I noticed that my Magic express coupons are in there as a page in the book, right before the other vouchers!!! My yellow luggage tags were there too:cool1:

Again, this is weird, since MIL and I have everything identical as far as our package and dates and payments, but hers came in two separate envelopes (and they made a mistake on her ME documents)

So, now it is official:goodvibes

YAYYYY! :banana: :woohoo: :yay:

How strange that everything was in the same book though. At least everything was correct, though, right? :thumbsup2

One more thing to check off the list, eh? :hyper:

I don't remember the exact date, but Disney started putting the final travel documents together with the ME info in the same booklet. Sometimes, if you don't add your flight info within a certain time frame, the ME stuff will come separate. I LOVE that it's all in one spot now. No more worrying about 2 different booklets.

YAYYYY! :banana: :woohoo: :yay:

How strange that everything was in the same book though. At least everything was correct, though, right? :thumbsup2

One more thing to check off the list, eh? :hyper:

Good thing I looked in the book, or I'd be complaining that I never got my Magic express docs!

I don't remember the exact date, but Disney started putting the final travel documents together with the ME info in the same booklet. Sometimes, if you don't add your flight info within a certain time frame, the ME stuff will come separate. I LOVE that it's all in one spot now. No more worrying about 2 different booklets.

I bet that's why MIL got hers separate then, because her arrival flights weren't on there (even though I called mine and hers in at the same time since we're on the same flights). I called Saturday and had them added and all is right with the world. I do like that it's all in one packet, less opportunity to lose it or leave it home.

:goodvibes:woohoo::cool1:

Only 27 days away now!!

I feel like I'm getting that depressed feeling before a trip. Part of it is probably because there are so many variables to finalizing my plan, like whether or not MIL will be going, whether or not we'll be meeting up with our friends, and DH just threw a small item into the mix as well. Every year he travels to the UK for work, usually around the middle of the September. This year the meeting starts on October 1. So he is supposed to catch a flight on Sept 30, which is the day we return, but we won't land til around 9:30p, so now he is trying to see if he can fly out of Orlando right to the UK. Not that big of a deal I guess, but it will mean some luggage juggling, and me eating the price of his current ticket, but I suppose it's not costing me any extra.

Add to that MIL is now complaining about our late flight and FIL having to drive home from Philadelphia at 9:30. If DH is still with us, one of us can drive their car home, but I'm assuming he won't be, so they can let DS17 drive them home:lmao:, but I'm guessing not. I was trying to get in some park time that day since DH and kids aren't there that long, other flights would have us getting picked up by ME around 12/1 o'clock, and we wouldn't have time for much at all. I did tell her all of this when I booked everything and nothing was said.

It's just sucking the joy out of it, and I think I'm letting it all overwhem me. It will get better, I know, I'm going to Disney no matter what:dance3:

On a lighter note, I was able to get the Narcoosee res that I wanted, I think it is for 5:40 on our MK day, if MIL ends up not going.:thumbsup2

Sorry to hear about the snafus with DH's side-trip and MIL. UGH! This seems to be happening on every PTR I'm currently reading. We all get close, then something happens to throw a wrench into things. :confused3 I'm confident everything will smooth out for you, though. :hug: Things have a way of working themselves out.

Congrats on snagging the Narcoosee's rez! :yay: Lucky, lucky with this little time left! :thumbsup2

Sorry to hear about the snafus with DH's side-trip and MIL. UGH! This seems to be happening on every PTR I'm currently reading. We all get close, then something happens to throw a wrench into things. :confused3 I'm confident everything will smooth out for you, though. :hug: Things have a way of working themselves out.

Congrats on snagging the Narcoosee's rez! :yay: Lucky, lucky with this little time left! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I'm feeling a bit better today. I had some shopping therapy that I will report about below. If MIL makes a big deal about the return flight, I'll offer to put her on an earlier flight. I didn't think 9:30 was that big of a deal. And DH's issue really won't have much impact unless they want him to fly home first, then he'll have to switch his flight earlier, otherwise he would fly out of Orlando to the UK, right around the time we fly back to Philly. It would just take a little planning to do his packing, and I'd have to check his bag on the way home since I couldn't have two carryons myself. He's supposed to meet with his travel agent at work this week to sort this out.

Ok, I think I was just feeling moody yesterday:guilty:.

I didn't mention that DH lost his keys in the morning, and was calling me at work wondering if I knew where they were. He also lost them the night before and I had to figure out where he left them, but yesterday, I had no idea:scared:. So he ended up having to wake DS17 up to drive him to work, which is only about 15 min from our house, but then DS17 got lost on his way home and ended up about a half hour in the opposite direction, and on the NJ Turnpike, poor DS:drive:. I get it , I couldn't find my way out of a paperbag when I was his age (still can't half the time), I was more annoyed with DH because I asked him to have DS drive him to my work(which is 7 minutes from home) since I have the spare key, but he didn't want to be late, so it was easier to inconvenience DS, and myself (since I had to go get him during rush hour). I try to maintain my patience, since I believe some of this is stroke related, he does have some processing issues and can't think about more than one thing at a time (probably undetectable to anyone who doesn't live with him), so we frequently have small issues like this, this one just happened to get blown out of proportion since everyone had to be involved.

But wait there's more....I managed to find his keys a bit later. I was leaving work during lunch to pick up DS14 from football practice, and there were DHs keys sticking out of my trunk:sad2: Yup, everything but a "please steal me" sign:rolleyes2 Although in hindsight, I was thinking my car is probably worth more missing:rolleyes:

Anyways, enough of that drama. Lately I've been concerned about the costume idea. I'm worried that my nightgown will be too long and uncomfortable, I'm worried about having all that makeup on my face and spray in my hair, then having to wash it all before bed, then I realized that we'd look like that in all our photopass photos for the night, and that was the klinker. I've now vetoed the costumes:confused3. I want to look cute with the characters, not creepy. So, after all my efforts, I'll be returning the nightgown (DH wants to keep the shirt for work).

Here is what I just purchased this morning, and now I'm back to being excited again:cheer2::

I ordered this t-shirt for DH, it glows in the dark, and it's haunted mansion, and he loves it:
chucktshirt.jpg

Here's the back:
chucktshirtback2.jpg

And here's mine:
mytshirt.jpg

Here's the back:
mytshirtback.jpg

I also got these to match my shirt:
minnieears.jpg

I keep messing around with the sizes and just can't get the front of my shirt to be the same size as the other photos, but you get the picture. I'm very excited about our little get ups, and feel like the anxiety of the costume has now been removed.

I can also wear my minnie ears during the 5k with my other halloween tshirt:goodvibes.

I'm trying not to spend too much time looking at my park plans, since I keep trying to change things around, but I really just need to wait til I know what everyones final plans are.

I must admit I am quite disappointed that I won't get to see the Magic, memories, and you show. I was really looking forward to seeing that! I can't believe they didn't give more notice, not that it would have made a difference, I guess I would have had more time to mentally prepare. Between that and the removal of the Oreo bon bons at Cape may:sad2:, though I've seen photos of the new desserts, and they do look delicious.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I did get my license renewed, so they'll have to let me on that plane:thumbsup2

Still working on getting the kids passports, I have everything ready, just trying to get us all together so we can go, much easier said than done with everyones schedules clashing. I'm hoping for Saturday.

Anyways, I'm just 26 days away!!!

edited to add, I have no idea what's going on with my photo sizes. They were normal when I previewed this!

I so feel for you with the keys! Though not post-stroke, my DH is incredibly forgetful. I tell him he'd forget his head most mornings if it wasn't attached. We go through the "where's my keys" conversation at least twice a week. :sad2: Had to laugh though when you posted where they were found. :p

I LOVE THE T-SHIRTS! And I totally love the ears you got to go with yours. We are also totally over the "costume" thing. I'm gonna update in my PTR today because DH's T-shirt finally came in yesterday so I can take pics now. I just want to be comfy, ya know, and like you said, not creepy. :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter