All the makings of a disaster… I’m bringing two reluctant teens and the in-laws!!

I saw you'd updated, but I missed some posts yesterday. Checked it with my thread subscription this morning and there they were! Love having the option of subscribing to threads! :thumbsup2

They were forgetful, clueless, and lost quite a bit and it was kind of like babysitting. I guess it's not as noticable when we see them day to day in their normal comfortable environment.

It probably isn't as bad at home, I'll bet -- seems to me that sort of thing is worsened by unfamiliar environments. :sad1: Maybe because it's the "coping with newness" part of the brain that is most affected? :confused3 But both my MIL and one grandmother got like that at one point -- coped pretty well with the everyday stuff, although we all knew they were spacier, but get them out of her comfort zone and, oh boy! :scared1:

My dad's still A Force of Nature in terms of the physical, but he's getting spacier than he was. Mom, OTOH, is in great shape mentally, but has physically slowed considerable. Although I guess it's better that they each lose speed on one front than it would be if one of them was carrying the whole load of aging. :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter