All the makings of a disaster… I’m bringing two reluctant teens and the in-laws!!

lurkernj

DIS Veteran
Ha! Caught you with the title, didn’t I???

Whelp, hopefully it won’t really be a disaster. We traveled to Disney about 4 years ago, the six of us: Me(43), DH(43), DS(17), DS(14), MIL (73), FIL(73) . We had a fabulous 10 night trip at POR.

This time around, I was thinking that DS17 will be going off to college next year, and the in-laws are in pretty good shape, but they aren’t getting any younger, so we should do one last trip together. So now we're going Sept 23-30.

Now, I love a good in-law story just like the rest of you, but you might be disappointed this time(we’ll all have to wait and see though). I have great in-laws and they enjoy Disney and my kids. Sometimes they are a little absent minded and hard of hearing, so they can provide quite a bit of entertainment in that way. FIL also loves to ask me a million questions, but I’ve grown quite patient with him. I think he gets excited like a little kid about these things. Last trip he kept telling me prior to the trip that I better have enough planned to keep him busy for 10 days. He thought 10 days was way too much, but by the end of the trip, we all wished we had one more day. I’ve been with DH for 25 years, since we were 18, and my family is bizarre, so they sort of adopted me, and are more like my parents than my own ever were. They live around the block from us, and actually don’t drive us nuts, however, they are retired and don’t know what to do with themselves. They aren’t comfortable traveling by themselves (no idea why, seriously), and FIL has only flown once, which was the last time we took them to Disney. They come to all of my kids sports events and are wonderful grandparents. My FIL drives my DS14 to school every morning, even though we only live a few blocks from the school and he is perfectly capable of walking, but I think FIL looks forward to their time together. My MIL likes to come over in the morning after I’ve left for work and do my laundry. My friends think this is strange, but I think it’s awesome.

Here they are, we'll call them Nanny(a little absent minded) and Pop (hard of hearing) (with DS14):
224843_396933377009568_1944793082_n-1.jpg

Now, the reluctant teen part comes in the form of DS(17). He “likes” Disney, but has a “been there, done that” mentality about most vacations, and says they’re only going because I have to act like a 4-year old girl (so, what’s wrong with that?). DS14 enjoys Disney and even did a trip alone with me 3 years ago (best trip evaaaa), but he looks up to his big bro, and has formed an alliance with regard to this trip. I have defended myself by blaming it on nanny and pop claiming that they are getting older and we should go while they are still in good health (I’m shameless).

Here is a picture of the little treasures from our trip 4 years ago, I think we'll call them tweedle dee(DS17) and tweedle dum(DS14):
028.jpg

DH enjoys Disney, but not as much as me. He thinks I have an obsession and need to get some help (really?, that’s just crazy talk). Last trip we all took as a group, he said 10 nights was too much, so he joined us all on day 4, which was perfect for all involved. I dragged the kids and in-laws from open to close those first 4 days with not one complaint, then once DH came, we needed afternoon breaks. We will be doing something similar this time around.

Some side info for this trip: DH had a stroke two years ago (I know! he was 41 and in seemingly great health!) and has made an amazing almost recovery. He was a runner before the stroke and in great shape, but unfortunately he now walks with a bit of a limp and gets tired and will need even more breaks this trip. I’ve done my research and sought out some great nap spots in the parks. I’ve been getting him out at night for walks to get him into “Disney” shape so he can build some stamina. Oddly enough, he goes to the gym just about every day, but gets tired walking two blocks. He is not overweight in the least, but he’s been focused on weight training, and hasn’t been doing much cardio. So, at night when we walk, I tell him to pick up the pace and pretend we’re trying to get fastpasses to Toy story mania. He just shakes his head and picks up the pace like a good boy.

Here’s my handsome fella (we'll call him prince charming):
281802_231061523596755_100000787267696_581073_5506288_n.jpg

(our friend, who does not enjoy Disney, refers to this expression as "the Disney face")

And then there’s me. DH is correct, I am obsessed. I am most happy when I’m planning a trip to WDW. I haven’t been to Disney as much as I would like, and am sorely disappointed I only discovered this whole obsession 4 years ago. I always had it in my mind that Disney was so expensive and out of reach for us, so my kid’s first trip to WDW was when they were 10 and 13 (we had been to DL twice-camping- when they were pretty small since we had family out west, but didn’t catch onto the obsession there). I had been once as a child, and DH and I went once before we got married, off property. Had I caught on sooner, maybe I would have been able to convert the boys. This will be my 4th trip in 4 years (I also went once with BFF for a short xmas trip). I am an avid trip report reader (lurker, hence the name), but have never done a trip report.

And here’s me (I'll just be referred to as "me"):
PC110545.jpg

I just need to comment about how proud I am of myself...This is my first attempt at posting a picture and I actually got it to work the first time around!!

Ok, so now I'm editing to add that I've also just added an avatar all by myself. I've been on these boards for 4 years and never attempted such things. Boy have I been missing out!

We have POR booked with free dining from Sept 23 to Sept 30.

We have base tickets booked at the moment. I’m not a fan of hoppers, due to the exorbitant amount of money, and time. I find that if I’m “confined” to one park per day, I’m more likely to stop and smell the roses instead of rushing off to get everything done so I can get to the next park.

I have been trying to take a solo trip for a while, but once again I’ve failed. See, this trip was planned Sept 25-30 so kids would only miss two days of school(mixed in with a jewish holiday), but I felt it wasn’t enough time, so DH agreed to let me head down on Sunday morning so I could get the commando thing out of my system before he gets there. He and the boys would head down late Tuesday night. I told the in-laws of these two options, and they didn’t even let me finish before saying they wanted to come with me. I suppose I should be flattered?:confused3 I was quick to point out that I would be ditching them during the day and would meet up with them for dinner. They had no issues with this, we’ll see how that goes.

I was hoping to stay at a deluxe this trip, and had been eyeing up AKL, but MIL kept talking how POR was just perfect, and she loved it there last trip. I enjoy POR too, but was looking to do something different for the “been there, done that” crowd. The difference was $900 per room:sad:, and since they are retired and since I can’t afford to pay for both upgrades, I relented. If I come into some money before then, I’ll try to upgrade, but that’s not looking promising. Honestly, we are not at the resort much anyway, so it will be fine.

I am excited that the food and wine festival will be starting on the 28th, as I’ve never been and have been trying to plan a trip during that time. I also wanted to go to MNSSHP. We did this on our last trip, me, DH and the boys (in-laws sat that one out). I loved, loved, loved it. Well, for this trip, the boys said they’re too old for that:cool2:. Hmph. It’s going to be held on the Tuesday and Friday of this trip, so I thought I’d go solo on the Tuesday, before they got there. DH was offended, and said he wanted to go too:goodvibes. He wants a picture with the seven dwarves. Go figure.

So we figured on that Friday we’d go on our date to the Halloween party, and the kids could get WP&M passes so they could do Disney quest on their own. In-laws can entertain themselves. Everyone is happy:crowded:.

So, while in the initial planning stages of the trip, I asked for restaurant input so I could make dining reservations. In-laws and kids made the following requests:

MIL – Narcoosees
FIL – Whispering Canyon dinner
DS17 – Cape May Clam bake (huge seafood fan)
DS14 – Coral Reef (he is obsessed with the steak there)
DH said he didn’t care, it’s just food!!!! What is wrong with this man…well, this works better for me cause then I got to pick the rest. Mwaah, aaah, aaah:bitelip:.
I added in Boma dinner, Crystal Palace Breakfast, Both Ohana breakfast and dinner (will only keep one),and a possible Biergarten dinner, Liberty Tree lunch, and Yak/Yeti lunch. Some of these will get cancelled.

So, here is our initial plans:
In-laws and myself:crowded::
Sunday: We will be landing around 1:45, then checking in and heading to Epcot. I currently have Biergarten reservations for 6p thinking they would love it. I’m not sure if I will keep this one since they are going to be significantly over their dining credits (they will need 20 including this, and they only have 14), and it will limit our time in Epcot that night. I have to discuss their credits with them and see what they want to do. They will already be paying OOP for two other TS meals, but if they want to do this, I am fine with that. If they skip it, I will use my one extra credit to pay for one of their Boma meals (no lectures please:upsidedow), leaving them only short 3 total credits. I will at least hang out with them until after dinner if we do this meal, then I want to wander the countries alone.

Monday: This is our Magic kingdom day:cheer2:. I am planning to make it to rope drop so I can see the opening show. They are early risers, so I’m sure they will want to do this too, but I don’t know if we will be together or not for it. I have some very specific things I want to do this morning, I’ll detail those later, so I will definitely be ditching the in-laws after the opening show, all day until dinner at Narcoosees at 5:30. After dinner, I want to see the parade at 8p, and wishes at 9p. I am sure they will want to do those things too, so we will probably do them together.

Tuesday: This is our Hollywood Studios day. I am also planning to make rope drop, then head to TSM. I can see I might do this part with them as they love TSM, then I have some more specific things I want to do, so I will probably ditch them again. After the 3pm parade, I will meet up with them and we will head over to Boma for a 4:30 res. I am so so so looking forward to this res. I don’t think my kids would enjoy this very much, so I planned it before they get there. I am planning to wander around AKL after dinner, then taking a bus to DTD so I can shop. Not sure what the in-laws will want to do, maybe they will want to head back to DHS for fantasmic. MIL loves the night time entertainment. DH and kids’ flight gets in around 9:30, so I am expecting them to show up at POR around 10:30-11p. They’ll probably be starving and want food from foodcourt.

Togetherness:grouphug::
Wednesday: I have Magic kingdom planned for this day. I managed to get us an 8:05am res for Crystal Palace that I am soooo excited for:banana:. Sort of their “welcome to Disney” breakfast. DH is an early riser no matter what time he gets to bed, but kids probably won’t be too thrilled initially. They do enjoy dining with the characters, and since they are teenage boys, a buffet is extremely appealing, so once they are out of the bed, they should be fine. We will spend the morning here, then possibly head back to resort for swim/nap (or nap in Carousel of Progress or Hall of presidents), depending on DH. Kids can head to DQ or waterpark in the afternoon or just stay at MK. Since this is our only guaranteed MK day together, I also planned FIL’s Whispering canyon request for this night, 6:15p (I am looking forward to this res the least, hoping to be pleasantly surprised), then we’ll head into MK for fireworks and any rides they can squeeze in. There is no parade this night, but DH and kids didn’t care if they saw it, and me and the in-laws will have seen it Monday.

Thursday: We’ve got Hollywood studios planned for this day:scared:. Rope drop for TSM. Possible break in the afternoon, or nap on Great movie ride. We have Cape May clambake planned for this evening at 5:20p. I’m hoping to make it back into the park for Fantasmic, but will go with the flow on this one.

Friday: Planning to head into Epcot this day. Doesn’t need to be rope drop, but DH, myself, and In-laws will probably still make rope drop anyway. Kids can sleep a bit if they want to. Planning to hit up the food and wine booths starting around 11a. We have an early Coral Reef dinner planned for 4pm since DH and I want to go to the Halloween party. After dinner we will monorail over to MK and get in line for the dwarves. Kids can head to DQ, and the in-laws can stay at Epcot if they want. There won’t be time for a resort break this day, but Ellen’s is a great spot for a nap; long, dark and airconditioned, and if he needs another later on, we can hit up one of the spots in MK during the party. This man can fall asleep anywhere in 30 seconds flat, I’m simply amazed:confused3. I would prefer a full day for Epcot, but dread the thought of being there on the first Saturday of food and wine, so this is what we get.

Saturday: This is where things get sketchy:hyper:. I’m planning Animal kingdom. Doesn’t need to be rope drop, and probably wouldn’t be anyway with the long night prior. I have Yak/Yeti planned for lunch at the moment, but I also have Ohana planned for dinner. One of these will get cancelled, depending upon the final plan. DH has a childhood friend that grew up next door to him (and his parents, obviously) who lives in Orlando, and I have set aside this night to spend with her. I can’t tell her this yet though since she will think I’m nuts needing to plan out our visit this far out. I have Thursday night as a backup plan after Cape May, if she can’t make Saturday. I will not give up MNSSHP on Friday. So, if we are meeting up with her on Saturday, we can either meet at DTD (not sure where yet), or dinner at Ohana (made it for 8 ppl), then watch fireworks from the beach.

Sunday: This is another sketchy day. Our flight is at 7pm:sad:, so we have the morning/afternoon available. I have no idea what park we will be doing this day. I’m thinking either MK as a final hurrah, or Epcot to hit up F/W festival. I have Ohana breakfast planned for 9:30am. This will get cancelled once I know if we are going to Ohana on Saturday night. I don’t want to do both this trip. I also have Liberty Tree tavern planned for 1pm, but don’t know yet if we will be in MK. So again, one of these will be cancelled, maybe both if we do Epcot. I know I need to keep the cancellation fee in mind for Ohana, and will definitely cancel with enough notice.

Ok, so this will be a trip full of firsts for me.

First, I will enlarge my font;). (ok, so that didn't work, let me try that again)

Let’s see, this is my first trip report, I’ve made my first avatar, I’ve posted my first picture, I’m just amazing myself.

First solo time for me (well sort of, but not really), food/wine fest firsts, I've also got some things planned for in the parks that I've never done before.

Another first for this trip is that I bought the photopass. I thought since this will probably be our last trip as a whole group, that I’d splurge for the photopass and make photobooks/calendars after our trip. I only got the CD right before the price went up a few months ago. Then I can just go to shutterfly when I get back. I’m so excited to see characters and get pictures by myself. No one else will wait in the lines, but I won’t mind when I’m by myself (except the dwarves with DH).

And, some exciting news for you foodies out there….I’m going to conduct my first cupcake crawl:cloud9:. I am on a mission to have one of those beauties each day of my trip. Of course there will be pictures. I’ve been thoroughly investigating the cupcake thread so that I can make up my wish list, and I think I’ve got the plan down pat. Here’s the cupcake plan (just realizing how strange this sounds as I’m typing this, but my dis’ers will understand and anticipate anxiously):

Sunday, either the caramel one from Karamel Kuche or the chocolate raspberry from sunshine seasons

Monday, I’m thinking of taking the monorail to either the Polynesian or Contemporary. Both look like they have some great lunch options and awesome cupcakes. I really want to wander around the poly, so it will probably be there. I like the looks of the mango one there.

Tuesday, I’ll be at DHS, so starring rolls is the obvious choice here, I’ll probably go with the red velvet

Wednesday, we’ll all be at MK, so possibly the peanut butter one from Main Street bakery.

Thursday will be DHS again, so maybe pizza planet, that cappuchino cupcake looks tasty, or back to starring rolls for a butterfinger cupcake.

Friday, I’ll be wanting one of the Halloween cupcakes at MNSSHP.

Saturday, Animal kingdom day, so Kusafari bakery, that one with the elephant on top.

Sunday, that will vary based on where we will be, I’m not too impressed by the cupcakes in MK. If we are in Epcot, I’ll get the opposite of what I got on day 1.

Legal Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my mind if a better cupcake comes along, or if I’m sick of cupcakes by the end of my trip (could that even be possible?)

Ok, now for you naysayers who are thinking “nah, she can’t possibly do a good cupcake review, she’s a noob and never even did a trip report”, I thought I’d provide a sample cupcake review.
cupcake1.jpg

I got this baby at Shoprite, of all places. It is a red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting. Now, it goes without saying that the appearance was just beautiful. It was a nice large portion. The frosting was firm, not too sweet, and plenty of it, just perfect. I wish I could give the cake part a great review, but it was a little dry, like maybe it wasn’t fresh. I remedied this by pairing it with a tall glass of milk. The overall flavor was very good, especially when ingested with the milk, so the dry cake texture wasn’t distracting. I’d give this cupcake 4 stars out of 5.

Ok, so how'd I do? Any suggestions for improvements?

funny side note about my photobucket account. I went to open an account yesterday and it said I already had one under my email address, so I requested them to send me a password reset. I changed the password then went into the account. They are someone elses pictures:confused:, three teenage looking girls. My email address starts with idontemail@, so I guess someone was being clever and didn't want to provide their real email and made this one up. I was tempted to put all kinds of captions on their pictures, but I thought that might be too juvinile for a 42 yr old woman:rolleyes:.

I ended up using an email address that was automatically set up for me by the cable company.

so now this girl won't be able to access her account since I've changed her password.

That's so scary about your DH's stroke. He sounds (and looks!) like he's in great shape. I'm glad he's recovering well.

My MIL likes to come over in the morning after I’ve left for work and do my laundry.

That is awesome. :thumbsup2

And, some exciting news for you foodies out there….I’m going to conduct my first cupcake crawl. I am on a mission to have one of those beauties each day of my trip. Of course there will be pictures.

I don't think I've ever even had a cupcake at Disney, but I feel like I've spent hours ogling the photos online. So I'm very much looking forward to the photographic evidence of your cupcake crawl!

That's so scary about your DH's stroke. He sounds (and looks!) like he's in great shape. I'm glad he's recovering well.

That is awesome. :thumbsup2

I don't think I've ever even had a cupcake at Disney, but I feel like I've spent hours ogling the photos online. So I'm very much looking forward to the photographic evidence of your cupcake crawl!

Welcome aboard Holleypie (cute name). It was really scary and no reason was ever determined for why he had it. They don't run in his family and he doesn't smoke or drink heavy, he exercises and all the stuff we're supposed to do. We were just laying in bed watching tv when his right side went numb. Just makes you realize how fragile we all are. He astounded his doctors with his recovery and I'm very proud of his progress.

Yes, nanny doing the laundry is totally awesome. She even takes stuff home to iron it for us:banana:. I love my mother in law.

I'm very excited about my cupcake escapades, as I've only ever had one cupcake in Disney (the peanut butter one from starring rolls, it was just ok, too sweet)

funny side note about my photobucket account. I went to open an account yesterday and it said I already had one under my email address, so I requested them to send me a password reset. I changed the password then went into the account. They are someone elses pictures:confused:, three teenage looking girls. My email address starts with idontemail@, so I guess someone was being clever and didn't want to provide their real email and made this one up. I was tempted to put all kinds of captions on their pictures, but I thought that might be too juvinile for a 42 yr old woman:rolleyes:.

I ended up using an email address that was automatically set up for me by the cable company.

so now this girl won't be able to access her account since I've changed her password.

Wow now that's a funny story, I kind of had the same problem when I went to set up my flikr account. It wouldn't let me set it up at first as I already had a Yahoo account associated with that e-mail for yahoo groups, anyway I had to log in using that info and it worked.

Wow now that's a funny story, I kind of had the same problem when I went to set up my flikr account. It wouldn't let me set it up at first as I already had a Yahoo account associated with that e-mail for yahoo groups, anyway I had to log in using that info and it worked.

lol, also, because of my strange email address, I once got a notification that my order was in at Walmart and I should come pick it up. I guess someone did the same thing and gave my clever email address instead of a real one for themselves. I might've gone to get the merchandise if it wasn't in Michigan:rotfl:

I’m not a big “bag” type of person, but I have been coveting those Dooney bags for about a year, I really liked the cross-body one. I kept talking myself out of it, telling myself that they are too expensive, and when else would I use it besides Disney. But, I had $90 in Disney bonus shopping cards from buying the Sam’s club gift cards around Christmas. I used the $900 in giftcards to pay for my room/package, but didn’t know what to do with the $90, so it sat in a drawer for a while. Then about a month ago, Disney had one of their 25% off parks merchandise, plus free shipping. The cross body bag was also marked down to $123 (from $190!), plus the 25% off, plus free shipping, I think the total was like $4 after my shopping cards were applied!!! I ask you, how could I deny myself?!! I would have preferred Pink, but Green was all that was left, but I just love it:goodvibes!!! Here it is:
dooney.jpg

I also decided to start my own pin collection. Tweedledum has one, and really isn’t into it any more, and there are just so many cute pins out there, so I thought I’d start my own:rolleyes1. Here is the set I got (got the whole thing with lanyard for $33)
pins.jpg

Those two on the side are the free vinylmation pins that came with the $75 sams giftcards. Not sure if they are tradeable, but I guess I'll try.

As we all know, once the plans are all made, the waiting is the hardest part:hourglass.

In my efforts to kill some time, I have decided to catch up on some of the Disney movies I've missed over the past few years. I guess in my mind I keep thinking they won't be as good as the classics, so I haven't made the time. Now with the upcoming trip, I feel like I need to get with the program and catch up. I've recently joined Disney Movie Club, so I'm replacing my VHS with DVDs, as well as getting some of the newer movies.

So yesterday I watched Tangled. That is such a cute movie! I loved it! The music is just awesome too. I listen to Disney on Pandora sometimes and wanted to see the movie after listening to the music.

Also, over the weekend I watched Toy Story 3. OMG, I was bawling my eyes out. Especially with Tweedledee getting ready for college next year, this one really hit home. We are also dropping him off on Sunday to attend a camp for 10 nights in Maryland. This will be a little test for us all on what it will be like for him to go away:(

I have to say, the thought of watching Cars isn't at all appealing, but with all the hoopla over the new Carsland in DL, and the new suites in AoA, I feel like I have to watch it, there must be something to it. I didn't buy it, but might rent it from the library if it's not going to be on TV anytime soon.

I'm also jonesing to see Peter Pan, as that's a favorite classic that I used to watch all the time with the kids when they were small. I bought it off Ebay, since it isn't available for purchase now. I might have to watch that this weekend.

I did also buy the new Muppet movie. That one will be a family movie night, as the kids LOVE the muppets. Our favorite Christmas movie is the Muppet Christmas Carol. So everyone has said they want to see this. That will be cute, if we are all ever home on the same night.

DH will watch some of these with me sometimes. We watched Rattatoille last year when it happened to be on TV and we both really liked it. He pretends to not be into all this stuff, but then indulges me, so he can't dislike it all that much. We also went on a datenight to see Beauty and the Beast 3D when it was in theaters since that is my alltime fave:love:. So, I'm sure he'll watch some movies with me, but I can't bombard him or he'll rebel. There's a fine line.

Subscribing.popcorn::

It sounds like you will have a great time. Our family is really close like yours, and for our last big together Disney trip we had four generations. It was great, but sadly between health issues and the kids getting older it doesn't seem like we will be doing anything like that again. Oh, well...maybe when I have grandkids...if...:sad2:

You will love your cross shoulder Dooney. I bought one as a gift to me for my last trip and I love it. It's just the right size, and I will admit I use it at home too now.

My DH isn't all that big on animated movies either, but he LOVES Up. If you haven't seen it, maybe give it a try. I do agree with you on Cars, I did see the first though I have no intentions of watching the second.

Can't wait for the cupcake review. :goodvibes

Subscribing.popcorn::

It sounds like you will have a great time. Our family is really close like yours, and for our last big together Disney trip we had four generations. It was great, but sadly between health issues and the kids getting older it doesn't seem like we will be doing anything like that again. Oh, well...maybe when I have grandkids...if...:sad2:

You will love your cross shoulder Dooney. I bought one as a gift to me for my last trip and I love it. It's just the right size, and I will admit I use it at home too now.

My DH isn't all that big on animated movies either, but he LOVES Up. If you haven't seen it, maybe give it a try. I do agree with you on Cars, I did see the first though I have no intentions of watching the second.

Can't wait for the cupcake review. :goodvibes

Welcome Jenny!!:cheer2: Wow! I can't imagine adding in another generation to the mix, though there isn't one at the moment, so it will also have to wait til I get some grandkids, which I am not in a rush for at the moment:eek:.

I already love my bag, and I'm sure I'll love it more once I actually use it! I did actually see UP in theaters with my younger DS three years ago. It's one of my favorites. I should get Prince Charming to watch that one, I think he'd like it too.

Wait! Wait! WHAT IS THIS???? ^^^^^^ Yeah, up there.... and Down here VVVVVV. Oh!! A ticker!!! And a signature!!!! Well looky what I've gone and done now:cool2::cool1: I'm just getting so technologically advanced.

I also want to report that I am at my 90 day mark!!! I'm getting so excited!!

I'll give some more trip detail later this week, and some solo park plans, I just wanted to show off my new stuff.

Joining in! We'll be at POFQ from Sept 18-25th. We're going to MNSSHP on the 21st....so excited! We loved it on our last trip and I can't wait for my son to experience Disney for the first time.

Joining in! We'll be at POFQ from Sept 18-25th. We're going to MNSSHP on the 21st....so excited! We loved it on our last trip and I can't wait for my son to experience Disney for the first time.

Welcome to my PTR Dancegrl!!!:woohoo:

I just love MNSSHP. I love the parade, the fireworks, and of course, getting to trick or treat when I'm 42. I'm sure it's even more fun with little kids. Anyways, I'll look for you on the buses from the 23-25th (they often share)!

Ok, so I'm quite distracted these past few days as I've dropped tweedledee off at a camp 3 hours away this past Sunday. He's been away from us a few times in the past, but that was with friends or the youth group at church. This time he knew no one. He is normally very confident and comfortable, but he looked so nervous when we dropped him off :sad1:

So we texted him a bit on Sunday and he was making friends. His roommate is really cool. I texted him three times yesterday and he didn't respond until 9:40pm, telling me that he's having too much fun to be texting and I should go enjoy my time without him:sad1: We have been looking at colleges lately since he's about to be a senior, and some of them are up to 4 hours away, so this was sort of a test to see what it will be like. It appears that it will be fine. Part of me is happy that I've raised him to be so independant, but of course, part of me is sad that my baby is growing up. When we were dropping him off I told him he looked so grown up all of the sudden, he said he looked the same as yesterday. I said "not to me".:guilty:

Anyways, moving on with my PTR...
So, I mentioned that there were some specific things I wanted to do during my "alone" time at Magic kingdom. Normally we get there for the opening show, then are racing to get to Space mt/peter pan, then splash/big thunder, but since it's just little ole me, I'm going to take my time and do some things I've never done before:thumbsup2.

I think I'll start by getting a fastpass to the Mickey meet and greet (or do it if there is no line developed yet), then I'll stop by to get some of those sorcerers cards (if they are still doing this by then), then maybe a cinnamon bun at the bakery, see the dapper dans and ride the trolley. Then maybe I'll get on the train and take it to fantasyland so I can ride Peter pan, winnie the pooh, and see philharmagic. I've never done Hall of presidents, so I guess this would be a good time for that. and I can't go the the magic kingdom without going to the Haunted mansion, this is my favorite ride in all of Disney. If I'm feeling adventurous, maybe I'll go on Splash, which is my second favorite, but not sure I'll want to walk around wet. I'll also want to do some more character greetings since I'll have photopass, and just stop and listen to the music on main street.

I'm also planning to take the monorail over to the Poly to check out their giftshop. It looks like such a fun shop. I will also probably head up to Capt cooks for lunch and a cupcake. I'm currently torn about eating there or heading over to the Contemporary. The contemporary has that Mahi Mahi sandwich and some great cupcakes that I've been thinking about. I probably won't make up my mind until I'm there, which is the beauty of being solo:goodvibes.

I also have the Dreams come true parade on my list this time, and Dream along with Mickey. I've never done any of these (well, I've probably seen snipits of them while running from one ride to another). I'm not planning to do too many rides by myself, just a few favorites.

Then I will be meeting the in-laws at Narcoosees in the Grand Floridian for Dinner at 5:30. I think the Almond cheesecake there is my favorite dessert in all the land:cloud9:.

So you see, I've got a lot to accomplish before 5:30.

After dinner will be the parade and fireworks, I would like to stay for the kiss goodnight, but we'll see about that.

So, yesterday was my birthday and I gave myself the day off of work:cool1:. I colored the gray in my hair that my family keeps giving me (while Peter Pan played in the background :), then got my nails done, took tweedledum out to lunch along with my neice and nephew(both in their 20s), took a nap, and read a book:rolleyes1. Went out to dinner with prince charming, then went to SILs house where they had cake for me. Cake is a big deal in our family, we all live pretty close to each other, MIL is about 3 blocks away, SIL (and BIL and 5 kids) are about 5 blocks, and BIL (and other SIL)are about 1/2 mile. So one big happy family. Everytime someone sneezes, we have to have cake.

I have to say though, this has been one of my best birthdays ever. So relaxing. And, to keep this Disney Trip report related, I spent some time in the morning inputting my disney movie codes into my disney movie rewards accounts(DH and I both have one), and had enough points in each to order us each a $10 Disney gift card:yay:

Tweedledee had the decency to send me a birthday text yesterday and tells me he is "fine". Of course when I inquired further, I was ignored, so I'm not sure what that means. I'm assuming he is doing well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter