All Star Sports

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by rickc77, Aug 7, 2002.

1. rickc77

rickc77 Mouseketeer

Could someone tell me which buildings are known as preferred and is it really worth it to pay the extra 10 dollars per day?

Thanks

2. Poohbear123

Poohbear123 <font color=CCCC00>Will travel without lipstick<br

Building 1 & 6 and NO!:o Ask for Building 9 or 10 as they are NOT extra! They are about the same distance as 1 & 6!;)

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

-->

to hide this advert.
  4. bumcat

bumcat DIS Veteran

I agree it's not worth it to pay the extra. We stayed in surfs up right by the pool. Not a bad distance to the bus or food courts.

5. rickc77

rickc77 Mouseketeer

My only concern is with my luck they would stick me in bld 2,3 or 4,5.

This is what happen the last time I was there. I'm just wondering if I should really try to avoid such a headache from happening again.

I did request a close blding, but they were not able to help.

thx

6. disneyjunkie

disneyjunkie I'VE GOT MY EYES ON YOU!!!

I requested a preferred building for our trip in November. We stayed in Surf's Up last August and it was great. When I told my son that we were going back to Disney this year, he asked me if we could stay at All Star Sports again and I said ok. A few months later I was working on a to do list for our trip. I asked DS what he wanted to add to the list, the only thing he wanted to add to the list was to stay in Surf's Up again.

Paying the extra $10 per night is the only way to be sure you won't end up in buildings 2,3,4 or5.

7. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

I stayed in building 3, Hoops Hotel and building 6 Surfs Up last November. I liked both locataions. Yes, #6 was closer to everthing, but I really didn't think #3 was really out of the way. Plus, I liked walking trough the resort and seeing the different buildings. The design of ASSp is such that you are really not that far from the front, unlike ASMu. I would really hate to get stuck in the Country Fair section!

8. gibbys1

gibbys1 <font color=green>It is a small world as they say!

We stayed in the Touchdown section. It was the first building next to the food court and we didnt have to pay the extra money for a preferred room.

9. babyblue61

babyblue61 DIS Veteran

We also stayed in Touchdown-last January-and did not pay the extra $10.00. You can always ask if any upgrades are available upon checking in.

10. rickc77

rickc77 Mouseketeer

as mentioned in a earlier message I did pay the extra 10 dollars because I have asked in the past and they did not have any close building available. I ended up in a blding in the back. I just though for an extra 10 dollars it may just be worth it in order to garentee a great vacation.

thx

11. Kaybee

Kaybee Mouseketeer

Those buildings at the All Star Sports are not that far apart. They
    are very easy to walk to! I would not waste an extra $10/night
    on a preferred building!! I stayed at the backside of the baseball
    building, it didn't take me more than 3 mins. to walk to the food
    courts and bus stop!!