All Star Sports - very pleasantly surprised

zak'smom

Earning My Ears
Dh and I are just back from spending 6 days at ASSp. I was very leary about the resort from several of the posts on the boards, however, we both found the resort to be delightful! Check in was a breeze- we were the only ones in line at 6:30 on a Saturday evening. The CM who checked us in was hysterical telling us all our her adventures in and around the resort. The room was adequate - similar to rooms found in Motel 6 - but very clean and nice and COLD!!! We got what I asked for close to the bus, building 10, non-smoking, king bed and roll-in shower. I took us not even two minutes to get to the bus stop. Mousekeeping was wonderful with extra towels, Mickey soaps and towel scuptures!!! SHe made a basket from towels and put colored stickey dots all over it and put it on the TV. She also made towel containers for our toothbrushes and soap! One day we returned to find the TV set to radio Disney and a towel Mickey on the bed, listening!!
SInce we were not near a pool or throughway, our area was very quiet, overlooking trees.

One complaint though - eat somewhere else. We found the food to be on the minus side of just OK and slow, slow, slow cafe service. I think they thaw out each burger before they cook it!

I oculd see where the room would be a tad crowded with a family of active children, but for the two of us, it was just fine.

Glad you enjoyed it. :sunny:

I've stayed at ASMu and ASMo and thought they were wonderful. Never a complaint about anything. I even thought the food was great. ;) :teeth:

zak'smom said:
Dh and I are just back from spending 6 days at ASSp. I was very leary about the resort from several of the posts on the boards, however, we both found the resort to be delightful! ....... The room was adequate - similar to rooms found in Motel 6 - but very clean and nice and COLD!!! SInce we were not near a pool or throughway, our area was very quiet, overlooking trees.....

I oculd see where the room would be a tad crowded with a family of active children, but for the two of us, it was just fine.

I enjoyed your nice trip report.
The All Stars are my favorite .
I feel like I'm in the middle of the Magic when I stay there.
One of the big pluses at the All Stars is their AC.
Set it low and when you get back from the parks your room is nice and cool.
POP has motion sensors so if no one is moving in the room the AC shuts off.
Glad you had a good time.
Linda ::MinnieMo

I'm so glad you liked ASSports. We loved it there!

minnie61650 said:
I enjoyed your nice trip report.
The All Stars are my favorite .
I feel like I'm in the middle of the Magic when I stay there.
One of the big pluses at the All Stars is their AC.
Set it low and when you get back from the parks your room is nice and cool.
POP has motion sensors so if no one is moving in the room the AC shuts off.
Glad you had a good time.
Linda ::MinnieMo
Exactly one of the reasons we love All-Stars. I remember the one time we stayed at a Moderate my teenage girls were begging me to never stay there again. Reason 1 was because it was so spread out, it was a 5 min walk to the food court. Reason 2 No teenage boys!!(oh my), they said only parents with little kids.
Go back to All-Stars and save a little money? Hmmm I think I can do that.

Another all star lover here!! We have tried other more expensive places, which we loved.. the dolphin, Boardwalk Villas, Port Orleans, but we just keep going back to the All Stars. Movies is my favorite with Sports a close 2nd. We love the food court, and with 3 kids.. we really really missed it when we stayed at the Boardwalk. I think the food is good there! Really I do!! We took a trip to WDW this past January with 21, yes, 21 people. There were 5 families. We all rented points to stay at Boardwalk Villas. We were all so excited to stay there, gorgeous hotel, awesome Epcot location, great pool with slide. We all kept saying before our stay, that we will all be spoiled and never want to go back to values again. WRONG. At the end of the trip we all said.. It was nice here, but we are staying at the All Stars next time. We are booked at Sports for Thanksgiving and we will be getting 2 rooms at Movies for January. THere really isnt anything I dont like about the all stars.

Thank you very much. I never thought of tipping the maid daily -- I just always tipped on the last day -- that makes soo much more sense. I'm going to go get a bunch of envelopes now and put a tip in it for each day and pack it this week, so I don't forget and so I know I have the exact change.

Hmm, you learn something new everyday! :rolleyes:

Thanks so much for posting this. My son picked this resort to stay at on his 11th birthday in October. We have stayed at Movies and loved it there, sounds like Sports will be just as wonderful.

I really enjoy the All-Stars too especially considering the limited amount of time we spend in the rooms. They are a great deal :flower:

Ditto from a three-time Surf's-Up guest.The resort is really beautiful and pure Disney.Another great thing about Sports is being the first bus stop going to and returning from the parks. :earsboy:

Thanks for the report....we leave in 11 days for POP but we are thinking for next years trip that we might check out All stars. thanks again. :wave: :wave: :wave:

In regards to tipping what do you leave a day. There are 4 of us, me, DH, DD4, DS3? Just wondering what the going rate is for ASSp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter