All-Star Sports and Pop Warner

cdestecroix

Gabrielle
Hello,

Should I be worried about staying at All-star Sports during Pop Warner in December? I am a little concerned about noise and busy buses. This is our 6th trip, but we usually stay in a moderate. We wanted to try a value this time, but were unable to get two rooms at Pop Century because there were no rooms available for our free Disney Dining pin at that resort. I am traveling with DD (11) and another family of 4 who has never been to Disney.

Many thanks for your input.:)

Hello,

Should I be worried about staying at All-star Sports during Pop Warner in December? I am a little concerned about noise and busy buses. This is our 6th trip, but we usually stay in a moderate. We wanted to try a value this time, but were unable to get two rooms at Pop Century because there were no rooms available for our free Disney Dining pin at that resort. I am traveling with DD (11) and another family of 4 who has never been to Disney.

Many thanks for your input.:)

I used to say pop warner wasn't a problem at the all star resorts as we went for a couple of years at the same time as pop warner with no problems. We saw a few groups of them but no problems at the resorts. However, we went in dec. 2012 and were at all star resorts (ASMu specifically) and it was a mad house. About 10x worse than previous years. Both football players and worse the cheerleaders with excessive noise, problems in the pool area, craziness in the food court (we tried to avoid it) and general rude behavior with the parents no where to be found or behaving worse.

We are going back at the end of pop warner this year (small overlap when free dining begins dec 12th) and are working to avoid them as much as possible in going to a moderate (CBR). I haven't seen which exact moderate they will have this year (usually info comes out in sept/oct) but from what I can tell based on past experience, going to be a much lower concentration of pop warner at moderates.

Not a huge problem in the parks, you do get a few larger groups of them and mainly the cheerleaders are a bit annoying doing chants all over the place.

Thank you for replying so quickly.

This is what I was afraid of. We are there from December 4th to the 12th, which overlaps completely with Pop Warner. I am still trying to get us into Pop Century, but may have to grin and bear All-Star Sports, as going to a moderate is not in the cards for this vacation. I am told Pop Century has less Pop Warner participants than the All-Star Resorts.

We have stayed at CBR before and enjoyed it, but Port Orleans is sentimental favorite.

I'm just starting to get involved with planning a trip. I need all the help I can get. We are going with a child who can't take great noise very well. Please help.

Thank you for replying so quickly.

This is what I was afraid of. We are there from December 4th to the 12th, which overlaps completely with Pop Warner. I am still trying to get us into Pop Century, but may have to grin and bear All-Star Sports, as going to a moderate is not in the cards for this vacation. I am told Pop Century has less Pop Warner participants than the All-Star Resorts.

We have stayed at CBR before and enjoyed it, but Port Orleans is sentimental favorite.

Pop has not been in list of pop Warner hotels in last 4-6 years so good there or likely at Art of animation too. Good luck. We are going as a family and staying at moderate for first time. Pretty excited to try it. You could also try a proffered room as I don't remember seeing that as an option on pop Warner docs.

I have been at WDW during PW at least 7 times, and most of them in the same (value) resort. Please note that I am Childless by Choice and cannot be considered "Kid Friendly." I have NEVER had an issue with PW kids!!! I find them polite, respectful and often pleasantly friendly.

In contrast, I was at WDW this April during Cheer Spirit week and I found the cheerleaders incredibly self absorbed, unaware of others, UNsupervised and often rude. Give me Pop Warner any day!

IF you are concerned, PW is usually at AS Sport + another value + a moderate. With AS Sports food court being down for rehab, I have no idea how that might change things.

VERY doubtful you will ever see them at AoA due to limited number of standard rooms. I will throw in my 2 cents that I had significant issues with in room noise in the LM section.

If you are concerned about noise then please heed my recommendation--at ANY value resort, request a TOP floor room NOT facing the pool. I've always had this request met and rarely--if ever--have noise issues.

All-Star Sports and Pop Warner. That's like saying Oil and Water. The two just don't go together.:crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter