All Star Resorts

erfaith

Earning My Ears
We are traveling for 2 night to WDW...Two adults and three kids (8, 5, 5).

We have never stayed in any of the all star resorts and are wondering if anyone has stayed there with a family of 5...Is there enough room? Does anyone have any experience with a rollaway bed in the room? Is it tight?

Thanks for your help!
erfaith

Disney will not let you book a standard All-Star room for a family of 5. The limit is 4.

There are the family suites which are two All-Star Music rooms remodeled into a suite. Those sleep 6.

Thanks Carol...
That was really fast! So, whaere would you reccommend for a family of 5 that is not too high in price:?
erfaith

Depending on when you're going , a family suite at ASM would be between $179 and $285 a night.

Another option would be a trundle bed room at POR; those run between $145 and $199 per night.

You might be able to find a discount code for the POR room at Mousesavers.com; I'm not sure that the family suites at ASM are ever discounted.

Port Orleans Riverside has trundle bed rooms that will sleep 5, however, they start at $145 per night in Value Season and go up

Unless you want to camp at Ft. Wilderness (which is a whole other subject), your best pricewise is two rooms at the Value resorts.

The Value resort family suites are the cost of two value rooms plus $10 (on average) and NO discounts are ever available.

Two value resort rooms with some type of discount (AAA, annual passholder, general public discount) will be the same or a bit less than a Port Orleans Riverside room with the trundle and you get two bathrooms.

we had 5 in a room at allstars for 4 years of our trips,,just get an air mattres and put it out no cares the maid won nt say anything..so just do and donnt worrie about it.they just take turn sleeping on it the kids always enjoyed the different place to sleep.it was like camping

we had 5 in a room at allstars for 4 years of our trips,,just get an air mattres and put it out no cares the maid won nt say anything..so just do and donnt worrie about it.they just take turn sleeping on it the kids always enjoyed the different place to sleep.it was like camping

I am not here to debate what you did because if it worked out for you thats fine. However, the problem is that if you do this, not everyone in your party will receive a room key. That means if you want to do EMH, one person cannot since they now scan ALL room keys to hand out the braclets. If you want to do the DDP, you cannot do that either since that is also linked to the room keys. This is against Disney rules and believe me they make it very hard to get by with this now. If you get caught, they can make you leave the resort. I would not chance it to save money. I wish Disney did have more options for larger families that didn't cost an arm and a leg. But that's another thread!

In addition to all the pitfalls Amy&Dan mentioned, you also wouldn't be able to use ME. They will send you a bus pass for every person listed on the reservation. If you leave someone off the reservation, they don't get a pass, and will not be allowed on the bus.

we rented a car ..so it didnt matter to us..the cheerlleadres had 6 to a room ,,they just shared the room key,,it happens all the time...

we rented a car ..so it didnt matter to us..the cheerlleadres had 6 to a room ,,they just shared the room key,,it happens all the time...

I agree you can share a room key. But you cannot share a room key and do EMH. Because once the room key is scanned, it cannot be scanned again. So when the first person on the key uses it the second person won't be so lucky. Again, I am not yelling at you for doing this because I know it happens and I understand why (mainly lack of decent, affordable accomodations at WDW). But they have really cracked down on this and made it very, very hard.

What is EMH?

Extra Magic Hour.

Most days guests of WDW resorts are entitled to extra time in the parks. Its either one hour extra in the morning or three hours at night. The park is only open those extra hours for ONSITE RESORT GUESTS. Each of the four parks do this, it varies what park, what day and whether its morning or evening EMH. The water parks in the summer also do EMH, one hour early every morning. You can go to the WDW website and find out what the specific EMH schedule is for your time frame.

To do EMH each person in your party needs a room key to prove they are staying onsite. No room key, no emh. Which is why having extra people in the room not actually registered won't work if you want to do EMH. Or the Disney Dining Plan. Or relax on vacaction and not worry you might get asked to leave your resort (unlikely but not worth a very big hassle and very large amount of embarrassment in my opinion).

Your best bet, IMO, would be to get a suite in a decent place that is in the immediate surrounding area. ((not *IN* WDW)). This will be cheaper than the $120 per night that I paid for ASMO for my upcomming vaca. I paid this for 2 reasons ~
1. I have a 2y old who may need to go back to the resort daily to nap (if she doesnt rest in her stroller, like she does in the mall):cloud9:

2. We wanted to try out the DDp. In order to do this, I had to buy a package :confused3 popcorn::

The other bennefit of this is that we will have better bus trasportation than offsite would offer (busses at WDW are constant, not scheduled)

We can take advantage of EMH:banana:

Other than that, just based on the budget, next time Ill go back to where I stayed on vaca in '01. (we spent 6 nights visiting Universal and Sea World)
We stayed at a Howard Johnsons that offered shceduled buses to WDW, SW, Wet and Wild, and USF. We parked our car right outside our room every night. We had a buffet breakfast included in our price daily (all we had to do was buy our own juice/ soda). The room looked clean to us, and we saw no bugs. It was on I-drive, a very busy, popular street full of restaurants and shopping ops. There was a pool (never used it) There was a laundry room (small, but adequate) For all of this we paid $50 per night, inc tax. :cool2: Cant beat it, IMO. I wont hesitate to stay there again:goodvibes :woohoo:

As for onsite, you wont get a better deal than the all stars. You may need 2 rooms (unless you can get into the POR with a trundle, it would be less (probably) than the 2 rooms at a value (A/S or Pop). As a plus, with 2 rooms (maybe you can get connecting, maybe not) you would get 2 bathrooms:goodvibes
:wizard:

we all have annual passes so we donnt need the pass on room key..there are ways around disney rules,,,

we all have annual passes so we donnt need the pass on room key..there are ways around disney rules,,,

1. The room key is what is used for EMH. Whether its got a ticket attached to it or not. We have had AP's too. Since EMH is about being onsite, you have to have the proof, that is each person, even under 3 with no ticket at all, must have a room key to get the bracelet. Obvioulsy since every person in the park has a ticket, that isn't the determining factor on doing EMH.

2. The purpose of this board is not to discuss ways to circumvent Disney rules. That is why you will see threads closed when people try to do that very thing. Bottom line, its against the rules to have more than the allotted number in a room.

Port Orleans Riverside has trundle bed rooms that will sleep 5, however, they start at $145 per night in Value Season and go up.....

The Value resort family suites are the cost of two value rooms plus $10 (on average) and NO discounts are ever available.....

For comparison, the price of a Family Suite is $9-11 more then 2 Standard Rooms, or $13-15 less the 2 Preferred Rooms, depending on season.

Here is some info on the Family Suites:

*** They are 520 square feet.

*** The Family suites are located in the Jazz and Calypso buildings at All Star Music.(these are the closet buildings to the food court and the bus stop.

*** They cost less than a standard room at AKL or WL.

***1-6 adults may stay in a suite for the same set price.
(There is an additional fee of $10 per night for a 3rd or 4th additional adult in a standard value room.)

*** They have a QUEEN size bed (the other values and even the mods do not have a queen bed.

***The fridge is included (if you booked 2 connecting value rooms you would need to pay $10 extra for a night for a fridge if you wanted one.

*** They come with a microwave and coffeepot (If you booked 2 connecting value rooms you would not even be be able to rent a microwave and coffeepot.

***They have 2 TV's (if you book POR or a Deluxe room which sleeps 5 you will have 1 TV)

***They have 2 bathrooms (if you book POR or a Deluxe room which sleeps 5 you will have 1 Bathroom.)

For more info and photos please see the FAQ thread and feel free to PM me with any questions.

Here is the FAQ thread:*Note you can also find it on the resort sticky

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1072409

----------------------------------------------

Here is some info about the Family Suites:

The Family Suites are located in the Calypso and Jazz Inn Buildings.
Calypso Building 1 has 32 suites
Calypso Building 10 has 54 suites
Jazz Inn Building 2 has 52 suites
Jazz Inn Building 9 has 54 suites

The suites are located on all three floors, and are near each other, but none offer connecting suites. There is no price difference between the buildings.

Check here for the 2007 rates:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/disney-rates-2007.htm#VALUE

For comparison, the price of a Family Suite is $9-11 more then 2 Standard Rooms, or $13-15 less the 2 Preferred Rooms, depending on season.

------------------------

The new family suites offer an affordable and convenient option for larger families with the amenities of a studio apartment.

Families can be together in the suite while enjoying separate sleeping areas with added privacy. Having two bathrooms will not only save time, but makes getting ready easier for the whole family. Plus, extra amenities like a microwave enable guests to prepare warm snacks and meals. With the extra room, guests can relax and recount the memories of the day before falling off to a goodnight’s sleep.

They:

-Sleep up to 6 (plus one child under age 3 in a Pak-n-Play crib)
-Studio amenities and separate sleeping areas giving more privacy than a standard room.
-Queen bed, full-size pullout sofa, convertible ottoman & chair sleepers (4 separate sleepers)
-Private master bedroom and family room have 27” flat CRT TV and high speed internet access.
-Kitchenette with microwave, small refrigerator (4.3 cu. ft) and coffee pot
-Two-full bathrooms
Here is the layout:

ASMusic_FamSuite_layout.jpg

See this thread for photos:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1392866

For more info please see the FAQ thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1072409

-----------------------------------

POR vs, Family Suites with photos:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1392857

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!