All-Star Music Resort

Poptart1089

Earning My Ears
Hey guys,

So I just booked a vacation for this coming October and when I went back to look at the hotel page again I noticed that the preferred room is listed as being close to transportation and not the standard room, which of course is the one that I booked. Anyway, obviously I don't mind a little walk, I just want to make sure that it's not going to be inconvenient (I think I spelled that right?) to get to and from the buses. Is it worth it to spend the extra money for the preferred room?

Thanks!

Yeah, I've stayed in both Broadway and Country, and I preferred being more removed from the pool and main building.

Well, we usually book preferred especially at ASMu, because the layout of the resort means that the more distant rooms are a 5 - 10 minute walk from the main building and buses (for me, but I am a slow walker). If you are young and energetic, you may not mind the walk at all.

We have stayed standard, and it was fine, but we do prefer 'preferred'. It is worth the extra $$ to us.

Some people find walking to the standard rooms to be a problem, while others do not. If you are not sure which you are, you might want to book standard at ASSp or ASMo where the layout works better for standard room locations (Not as linearly spread out).

Good luck!

Depends on individual. I never book preferred, always stay standard. But if I ever return to Music it would only be with Preferred. As Babsy says, Music is laid out like no other value resort with the main hub at one end and standard at other end, the rest have the main hub placed along the middle of the length of the resort. Last time I stayed standard (Broadway) I ended up driving everywhere.

I am also personally bothered by how dark Music is and walking way to the back late at night, let alone I never saw an CMs in the back of the resort ... the only Disney resort I have ever been uncomfortable walking - and I'm a city girl not easily bothered.

Last edited:
I am also personally bothered by how dark Music is and walking way to the back late at night let alone I never saw an CMs in the back of the resort ... the only Disney resort I have ever been uncomfortable walking - and I'm a city girl not easily bothered.
Totally agree. Its pretty dark. I travel solo sometimes so I like well lit resorts.

Music is the only resort I absolutely must book a preferred room at. Anything beyond the Jazz buildings are way too far for me.

Music is the only resort I absolutely must book a preferred room at. Anything beyond the Jazz buildings are way too far for me.
Yes,they need to include a "Rock Inn to Melody Hall" route in the rumored Gondola plans!lol:)

(You can eat Breakfast in your Rock Inn room and be ready for Lunch by the time you walk to Intermission Food Court!lol:))

Depends on individual. I never book preferred, always stay standard. But if I ever return to Music it would only be with Preferred. As Babsy says, Music is laid out like no other value resort with the main hub at one end and standard at other end, the rest have the main hub placed along the middle of the length of the resort. Last time I stayed standard (Broadway) I ended up driving everywhere.

I am also personally bothered by how dark Music is and walking way to the back late at night, let alone I never saw an CMs in the back of the resort ... the only Disney resort I have ever been uncomfortable walking - and I'm a city girl not easily bothered.

This is good to know! I booked a standard room at ASMu for my solo overnight trip in May, but I'm thinking I'm going to switch to preferred or another resort altogether. I've braved my share of sketchy places late at night by myself and been okay, but if I can avoid that now (even at Disney), I'd like to.

Weird. All my trips to WDW have been solo (and I'm female) and I don't remember noticing that at all.

When we stayed at the ASMu, I think we got the most remote on Disney property! It was on the backside of the last building in the Country section. After three days of park storming and having to push a stroller loaded down with baby and her gear and carrying a four year old back to the room, I couldn't stand it anymore! It really did feel like our room was so far away, and I agree, I don't think I ever saw a CM back that far. When I went to the desk to ask if we could switch rooms, we were granted some pixie dust and they offered us a family suite (which is in the preferred section)! They said they that the suites were the only rooms available to switch to. We loved it! We were on the back side of Building 10. It was so close to the buses and food court. Since it was on the back side of the building, it was really quiet.

I think if you are traveling solo or have kids and stuff you will be having to keep up with...strollers, backpacks, etc. I would go for a preferred room. That trek to the Country section for me was a killer!

I've noticed the same thing about music. The layout is so weird....not spread out strategically like the other all stars. Its more "narrow" kinda like one straight line, if that makes sense. hard to describe. Its the only value resort where i'd probably get a preferred room (thats IF i ever stay there again).

I always book preferred at the value resorts. But twice at the Music I ended up in standard rooms anyway. The walk isn't horrible, it is just one I would rather avoid if possible.

Weird. All my trips to WDW have been solo (and I'm female) and I don't remember noticing that at all.

I agree. One Marathon Weekend I was put in Country on the back side and never had any issues feeling unsafe - even when walking across the resort at like 2:30am to get the bus to the start area of the race.

Granted, I live in NYC, so my idea of "sketchy" is quite different from people who live in the burbs or the country or even a smaller city.

I've noticed the same thing about music. The layout is so weird....not spread out strategically like the other all stars.
Yes,at Music,Guests have to walk through TWO sections(Calypso and Jazz) to access the other 3 sections.

At Sports and Movies,Guests only have to walk through ONE section to get to the "outer" sections.

Music is the only resort I said never standard again. I don't mind standard at POP, Sports, or Movies; but at Music the walk killed me at the end of the day. Even at Boardwalk Villas, the trek at the end of the day didn't seem so long!

Music is the only resort I said never standard again. I don't mind standard at POP, Sports, or Movies; but at Music the walk killed me at the end of the day. Even at Boardwalk Villas, the trek at the end of the day didn't seem so long!

We will have our own car and will be taking it the parks. Will also not be eating at ASMu. I thought I liked the look of Broadway the best and the fact that it was away from pool noise. We can park pretty close right? Thinking I don't have much walking needed.

We will have our own car and will be taking it the parks. Will also not be eating at ASMu. I thought I liked the look of Broadway the best and the fact that it was away from pool noise. We can park pretty close right? Thinking I don't have much walking needed.

We stayed in building 8 Broadway last visit. We drive to the parks also. They had us in room 8513, second floor closest end by the parking lot. It was a quick walk to our room from the car!

When I stayed at Movies this past January we were assigned Mighty Ducks (which is at the opposite end of the lobby/main hall) so it was quicker for us to walk over to Music to catch the buses and for dining. All we had to do was take the back sidewalk then cross and it would put us right at the end of All-Star Music's bus hub! So because they are all so close to each other you could stay in the far buildings at Music then walk over to Sports.

Since you're driving it won't be awful. We always take the bus and it was a killer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter