All Star Music Question

Sally

Mouseketeer
It seems out of place here, most questions here are about the deluxes and POP. This was a spur of the moment trip and we picked the ASMu. It seems no one stays there or either never posts about it. We will have an accessible room due to DH. As far as I know from checking there will be no large crowds of teeny boppers for football/cheerleading.
Is the resort that horrible? Did I let my DH make a mistake booking us there for the week?
I know my husband and if he has an issue with noise or such in the middle of the night he will demand to be moved or upgraded, he will even move us at 2am if needed, just hoping to avoid all that. If anyone has stayed there recently please post or pm me.
We have stayed at the POR and loved it, but with a spur of the moment trip you are just happy its disney.

It was that horrible when we stayed during Pop Warner week, but otherwise I wouldn't see any problems. Just prepare for time waiting for busses and transport time. We would sprint to the buses after park closing and still have a long wait. Its a great resort and good deal for the price.

We had to take the POFQ buses since they were faster than the POR buses after Wishes. Wondering if I should upgrade to mod and pay for it myself and not tell him. It would be a surprise just like him springing the May 24th trip on me last week. hehe would serve him right :rotfl:

We stayed in ASMu a couple of times, its not bad. Last time it was looking runned down a bit because so many people go through. However they were also doing lots of renovations because of it.
We are going to try Pop Century next time, simply because I cant talk my DH into playing for more at this stage in our lives.

The rooms are smaller than the moderates but I didnt find the bus service bad. Music is in the middle so you may get a seat when you get on but may have to restle with a crowd to get off at night. However if its really busy they would often have busses for each seperate resort going back at night.

I dont think you will need to switch rooms in the middle of the night. Have fun!

We stayed there the past two spring breaks. The first time we stayed we were near a parking lot in a back section in the Calypso. It is quiet. This past March we had a pool side third floor in the Calypso area. In the morning you could faintly hear the music being played by the pool. We thought it was nice being woke up with music, but if it would upset you DH I suggest requesting a room away from the pool area. I personally love All Star Music. The CM's are helpful and very nice. Once in a while you will come across one that isn't overly friendly, but lets face it everyone can't be in a super mood all the time. They were all polite though. Had a few who went out of their way to make our trip magicial. I highly recommend All Star Music, others may not. Just plan to eat out at the parks though. My only negative remarks about ASMu. Don't get much for your money.

I actually liked the food.

Just keep the ressies. Enjoy your trip!

We have stayed at ASMu several times and are again in 20 days. I find no reason not to stay there when I compare the costs.
We are not in our room that often and have not had a problem yet.
In Dec. I requested non-smoking due to asthama. When we got to the room it was obvious that someone had been smoking recently in that room. I immediately felt my chest tighten up when we entered. I called the front desk and while we went to DTD they did something that made the entire smell go away. There was no way I thought it would have been possible.
Another trip my young DD had a bowel movement in the bathtub and I could not bath 2nd DD until the bathtub was cleaned. Well, they had housekeeping there in about 5 mins. Completely cleaned the bathtub. (I tipped her generously).
We have not had a bad experience in the 5 times we have stayed there.
We also have stayed in Moderates and Deluxes and still go back to the ASMu.
I would rather save the money and stay longer or more frequent.
A piece of advice though, think about paying the extra $ to stay in a preferred bldg, It is a very spread out resort.

Thank you everyone, feeling better about the ASMu decision already. :goodvibes I am just excited he surprised us with a trip, DD7 and I could be in a cardboard box and be happy that we are at WDW. He will get in the disney mood once we are there. Besides, not sure why he is worried about thin walls or noisy neighbors, the house could fall down and he would sleep through it. With the scooter for my DH we will be on the accessible bus, so we were prepared for that extra wait and CRO has insured we will get the closest accessible room available with 2 beds. I am fine for the long walks to get to buses and food court, I think of it as pre-park prep walking. Again, thank you everyone for your posts.

Sally said:
With the scooter for my DH we will be on the accessible bus, so we were prepared for that extra wait and CRO has insured we will get the closest accessible room available with 2 beds.
Just wanted to mention that essentially all the buses are accessible for wheelchairs and/or scooters. Each bus can hold up to 2 wheelchairs and/or scooters. There might be an occasional time when the lift/ramp doesn't work or that the spots are already full, but most of the time that's not a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter