All Star Movies

Minnie's Pal

<font color=blue>Wants to float above Castaway Cay
I am looking for information, tips and experiences at All Star Movies. For instance, has anyone had surprizes (birthday gifts, towel sculptures, etc) left in there room? Any special things you can do there? How was the food (taste & price)? Any extra special services? Jersey week at ASMo? I will start with something I found (not sure if this is true)....

If you have your film developed at All Star Movies, you get a free disposable camera.

We stayed there in 2001 and we thought they had a good variety of foods from fresh fruits to prime rib and suchi. The food was good tasting also. I think the highest priced meal was the prime rib and it was around $10.00 a plate. I thought the food prices were about the same as what a Denny's or Perkins would charge for their meals.

This is pretty vague, but bus service, food court, cast members, pools, theming were all excellent!

For a specific thing, we were left a little tooth brush holder made out of a face cloth. It was just a little thing,but it added a nice touch because it showed the mousekeeper cared and really did her job.

We stayed at ASMovies in October 2000 and absolutely loved it! Mousekeeping posed DD's stuffed animals each day (watching TV, searching guidemaps, sunbathing at the window). It was quite funny, and we looked forward to the new displays each day.

We never waited more than 10 minutes for bus service, and the food court was just fine. We had braced for outrageous food prices and were quite surprised at how reasonably priced the food was.

We can't wait for our return trip this fall!:)

We actually chose ASMo over PORiverside (which is where we stayed last time) b/c I think the All Star themes make things more magicial for the kids. Seeing all the HUGE characters from movies, etc.

:p

My daughter and I stayed there for 4 days in April. To be perfectly honest it wasn't my thing but my daughter loved it. The food was great but if you ate at a reasonable time for most people the court was very crowded. I also am not into paying china prices and eating on paper plates (like I said I didn't like it but my daughter was fine with it). Room was fine, kept clean but nothing fancy with towels etc. but you walked past the other rooms and there were all kinds of animals in the windows doing tricks and things waiting for their owners to come home. Bus service was fantastic....never waited more then about 10 minutes and that was peak travel time......the pool was fine....and the walk from the room to the main building was less then 5 minutes and we were in a far building, then at the end of a hall......probably wouldn't stay there again but would recommend it to families that are saving their money for other things and don't want to spend it on a room. By the way, rooms are small and it would be a tight fit for more then 4 people.

We stayed at the AS Movies Nov 8-16 1999. This was my first trip to WDW in the off-peak season so I didn't find it too crowded. The food court does get a little crazy around meal times though. I would recommend the farthest pool for a quieter swim. We found the food at the food court to be pretty good. The philly steak sub was much better than the one at Cosmic Ray's and cost less. They sell yummy drinks in the hotel gift shop like pre-mixed margaritas for $3. Another tip is that we were far off in the Mighty Ducks building but found that we could cut across through a path to AS Music and the bus stop and food court were much closer. Nice when returning home if the busses were separate we could choose Music or Movies, whichever came first. The parks did seem crowded to us but we never waited very long for anything. Have a great trip!
:cool:

hi we stayed there last year and and check in I told them it was my sons 9th birthday and if they might have toy story section available? and they did they gave me the 1st room on seconds floor facing the toy story courtyard and we couldnt have asked for a better room. 1 hour after checking in our room there was a knock on the door and a cast member who had balloons and a card asked for my son and said "buzz and woody said it is your birthday so they sent you these balloons and an autographed card and they said Happy birthday" have a wonderful day. My son was shocked and happy and so was I. They even make your stay at the allstars a memorable one. Be sure to tell them at check in if it is your kids birthday. Oh and one last thing: we were only staying there for one night before we moved to dolphin. WOW:bounce: :p :p :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter