All Star Movies Rennovations

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Haley R, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Haley R

Haley R With all the strength of a raging fire

These estimates of amount of time to complete buildings are super rough estimates because I'm just going off of what other posters have noted as they've stayed:

Building 10 (Toy Story)-Complete/Roughly 64 days (March 23-May 26)
    Building 9 (Toy Story)-Complete/Roughly 30 days (May 26-June 25)
    Building 8 (Fantasia)-Complete/Roughly 93 days (May 31-September 1) Obviously this one is an outlier. I'm not sure if it is because I didn't receive any updates or if something happened to cause this building to take a lot longer
    Building 7(Love Bug)-Complete/Roughly 40 days (August 1-September 10)
    Building 6 (Love Bug)-Started, not completed (September 1-

New pictures of the bathroom and beverage area from @lolly2ga
    All Star Movies Rennovations

This is a link from @SarahC97 's post that includes pictures of the new rooms.
    https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-star-movies-rennovations.3670184/page-5#post-59288678

Here is a link to an Instagram post with pictures from the refurb (credit goes to @zobow02 ): https://www.instagram.com/p/BjiAU3QhwaV/?taken-by=gretchengonzo

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    Geedee, macraven, mrsbowen09 and 3 others like this.
  2. jhoannam

jhoannam DIS Veteran

There haven’t been any report of renovations. I’m curious too, we are going mid May and would love to stay at A renovated room but since I don’t think they’ve started, I don’t think they will have any renovations done by May.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Haley R

That’s so weird because it’s listed everywhere online that they would start at the end of February and now it’s getting to be the end of March.

5. DisneyRunner2009

DisneyRunner2009 DIS Veteran

We have a September trip booked. I even got the email that mentions the refurbishment. Speculation is, the work will start after Pop is done.

6. jhoannam

jhoannam DIS Veteran

I saw all the reports about it too, we got an email about it, but when I look on the website there isn’t any warning about renovations like the other resorts.

7. Haley R

Oh god if they are waiting until pop is done I won’t have a chance at a new room in October. They are way behind over there.

8. DisneyRunner2009

DisneyRunner2009 DIS Veteran

My thoughts exactly.

9. gmar1210

gmar1210 Mouseketeer

Have they started renovations at all star movies yet?

10. Haley R

I haven’t heard anything about it. I figured someone would have posted something by now if they had started.

11. tink2

tink2 DIS Veteran

We have rooms at ASMo in May. At this point, I kind of hope they don’t begin until after our trip- lol

12. Haley R

We stayed at Pop and the new rooms are so great! I just had a friend stay at music with her husband and she said they had to sleep in different beds and there was nowhere to put their suitcases. The beds in the refurbished rooms make all of the difference to me.

13. lampshadehead

lampshadehead Mouseketeer

I am arriving late June and just received this email:

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us at Disney's All-Star Movies Resort! We are thrilled to share our hospitality and passion for classic Disney films with you and your family.

In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to inform you that a room refurbishment will be taking place during your visit. During this time, the Resort will be in full operation with all amenities available including our dining, merchandise and recreation locations.

While we work our magic, it is possible that you may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your patience and understanding. Please know that we are making every effort to ensure your comfort and enjoyment. If you need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent.

If you have questions or need assistance prior to your arrival, please call the Disney Reservation Center at 407-939-5211 between the hours of 7:00am-11:00pm (ET).

General Manager Punam Dayabhai-Jairambhai and the team at Disney's All-Star Movies Resort look forward to your arrival and wish you a truly magical stay!
    Sincerely,
    Disney Destinations, LLC

trishadono likes this.
  14. Haley R

I would hope they have started by June but you really never know. They are behind at pop so it’s hard to tell when they will start at movies.

15. larry47591

larry47591 Earning My Ears

We are here now and there is a bunch of construction going on. Looked like they were demoing one of the buildings today as we drove by.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  16. PennyInPink

PennyInPink Mouseketeer

I got that same Email and we dont go till September. Was hoping for a new room!

Texans_loyal and ladybugmommy84 like this.
  17. cassie58

cassie58 DIS Veteran

Friends are going next month, and were told that there would be landscaping/outdoor refurb that should not affect their trip.

18. Haley R

Huh so no rooms yet?

19. SwanVT2

SwanVT2 DIS Veteran

Not to hijack the thread but figured this was probably better than creating a whole new post...can you get connecting rooms at all star movies? Also can you request to be near the Dalmatians? Thanks!

20. Haley R

Yes there are connecting rooms at all star movies and you should be able to choose Dalmatians as one of your requests for online check in. It doesn't mean you will for sure get that area, but we usually always get our requests met. If not, we go to the front desk and ask nicely if there is any possible way to move. At AKL last year we had to wait a night, but it was totally worth it to get a king bed.

SwanVT2 likes this.
  21. DWillowBay

DWillowBay DIS Veteran

I just left ASMo and there is construction. It wasn't invasive at all ...just noticeable.