All Star Movies refurbishments...

Pluto777

DIS Veteran
Anyone know how far along they are on the refurbishments? Do you think they will all be done by September 2019? Also, we bought the rooms via a 3rd party website and I think it said we 'requested' King size beds, but we would actually prefer 2 Queens. Has anyone ever stayed in a King room and do King rooms have another bed or sofa? Thanks!

Since renovations are only half done and have been stopped for months now, I doubt they will be completed by September. No King rooms do not have two beds, however at the value resorts king rooms are not a bookable category and are hard to get when requested because there aren’t many of them. I’m not sure how 3rd party site works but you could always fax a room request and include that you’d prefer queens.

I'd call Disney wholesale (they're who you call for room stuff when you book third party) and let them know that you want two queen beds. We got a room through a third party site at CSR last November that was a king room and they gave us a 2 queen room when we asked.

As far as the refurbishments go, it's anyone's guess. They're only about half finished with the resort and they've not resumed the project yet. It really all depends on when they start back up. So to answer your question -- maybe?

I'd call Disney wholesale (they're who you call for room stuff when you book third party) and let them know that you want two queen beds. We got a room through a third party site at CSR last November that was a king room and they gave us a 2 queen room when we asked.

As far as the refurbishments go, it's anyone's guess. They're only about half finished with the resort and they've not resumed the project yet. It really all depends on when they start back up. So to answer your question -- maybe?
thx

We had good luck with just booking a preferred room and then requested Toy Story. We got a refurbished room which was fantastic. I would contact the resort the week before and just request a refurbished room. That will give you the queen and murphy queen bed that you can choose to leave up and out of the way, making it most like a king room but with a slightly smaller bed lol.

We had good luck with just booking a preferred room and then requested Toy Story. We got a refurbished room which was fantastic. I would contact the resort the week before and just request a refurbished room. That will give you the queen and murphy queen bed that you can choose to leave up and out of the way, making it almost like a king room but with a slightly smaller bed lol.

Hi, SpecEdismyLife. Thank you.

Just wondering if there was an update on the room refurbishment ? Staying in Jan 2020, can see Disney have changed their photos on their website to only show refurbed rooms. Does this mean any booking now gets the refurbed room?

Just wondering if there was an update on the room refurbishment ? Staying in Jan 2020, can see Disney have changed their photos on their website to only show refurbed rooms. Does this mean any booking now gets the refurbed room?
Yes, they're completing the last building now, so if you stay there you will get a refurbed room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter