All Star Movies.. Anyone visited latley??

disneydream'n

Mouseketeer
We leave in 10 days for All Star Movies..... 6 nights.. YEAH.... We scheduled thru a large group agency, does anyone know when you can call and see where your rooms are?? Also has anyone been latley that can tell me the temps of the pools?? Are the getting warmer?? Also how are the wait times for buses?? Thanks for any info........... I cant wait.. First time to Disney... YEAH and I hope we get a cute towel animal at least one night...

We went in July '05. The pools were great at that time of year. The bus lines seemed long, but I believe a bus came about every 15-20 minutes. We drove most of the time. The All Stars are good resorts. The rooms are just very small. The food courts have most everything you could want to eat. We stayed in the Herbie building which is in the back and it was not a far walk to the main building. If possible try to get Dalmations or Toy Story all are close without paying for the preferred rooms. The preferred rooms are Fantasia. Have a great trip. :sunny:

Thanks... I am going to call this week to see where our room is..... Also I was scared because everyone has said how "cold" the pools have been and I was looking forward to a afternoon swin but I hate cold pools.... They have to be warm for me...... Oh well... Guess we will find out in 10 days...

Here is the map of All Movies.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/allstarmovie.JPG
The Fantasia Buildings are the preferred buildings.
The All Star Movie Fantasia pool has Mickey.
It is a great place to stay .
Preschoolers love it.
It is like being in the middle of a Disney Movie Fantasyland.
All Star Movies has pop up fountains now also.
The buses are wonderful.

Bus rides are quite short from the ALL Stars according to PassPorter.com

All Star Buses-CBR buses---POPbuses--PO buses--- Contemporary
MK 20 min---- 20 min-----25 min------10 min---20 min(mono)
Epcot 10 min-- 15 min-----20 min------10 min---15 min
MGM 10 min----12 min-----15 min------15 min---20min
AK 10 min------20min-------15 min----15 min---20 min
DTD 15 min----20 min------20 min-----15 min---35 min

It only takes 10 minutes to get to Epcot,MGM and AK from All Stars.
MK is 20 min away. That's the same amount of time it takes on the monorail from the Contemporary.

The gift shops are seperate from the food court at the All Stars.
When staying at the All Stars you can use any of the All Star pools. that means 3 main pools ,3 quiet pools and 3 kiddie pools to chose from.

I am 55 years old and travel several times a year. I often stay at 4 star hotels.
So the deluxe resorts do not have anything special for me.
All Star is like being in the heart of the Magic and that is where I want to be.

I have visited WDW more than a dozen times with the 1st time in Oct. 1971. It was brand new. I've stayed at FW, Disney Inn, a few the of Hotels on hotel Blvd., CBR and the towers at the Contemporary. I got to see the MK from my balcony at the Contemporary and I'm happy I got to experience it once. I just prefer the All Star Resorts.
The theaming is pure Disney.
My last 5 visits have been at The All Stars and this fall when we took dd,dsil, and our grandson age 3 for 8 nights we stayed at the All Stars Music. I thought about AKL and even though we can well afford AKL I just wanted Alex to experience the Disney Magic :wizard: at the All Stars on his first visit.
Where else can one find Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse at the pool?
Have a great time at Disney!
I know we did!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter