All-Star Fridge Swap (Fridge One and Fridge Two)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennipooh

Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon
Original msg. Okay, I am going to take the lead here..or should that be leap? I have been peeking at the fridge swap for quite some time and I have yet to be LUCKY enough to get in on one. For one thing there are 10 times more POP fridge swaps than All-Stars. Does anyone know why? ..(off the point) Anyway, when I do find an All-Star Swap the fridge is either missing or my dates or taken.. or both.

Now, to the point. I will be staying at All Star Sports beginning a few days before the beginning of the FREE DINING. To be precise August 20-September 1st.

Honestly, in the past when staying at a Moderate we had a fridge included, but barely needed it. When in a Value, we have just used the cooler (but had to fill it with ice daily - a bit of a pain, but it worked).

I have been considering buying a fridge and shipping it to the resort and then shipping it home again. Ughhhhhhhh! Why have I been considering this? Probably because it is CHEAPER than renting from Disney.

Now, I am considering purchasing the fridge and starting a swap of my own. I am inspired by another poster who will be staying at an All-Star nearly the same days as I am. DRATS, I wish I could have just gotten in on that one!!!

So my swap would continue on September 1st, when I leave...IF I can get enough people to commit to it. I would ask for a $10-12 donation from the first dozen or so participants as they make their commitments. And I would have to say no refunds due to changing of plans (or heaven forbid, a LOST fridge). That would be too complicated, I think. Those of us that use it first will "donate" it to those who come after.

I think we can make this work, especially since we would begin at the beginning of FREE DINING. I mean all of those budget minded people, surely are looking for a way to get a practically FREE fridge to go with their FREE DINING. I know I do not want to pay the $100 extra just to rent a fridge.

Anyway, if I can fill up the first few months, without a gap (which is how I think fridges get lost!!!) then I think we can make this work. Please PM me if you are interested.

Below is the current list!!! (updated daily)

Fridge One
Aug 20 - Sep 1, 2008 ...... Jennipooh (All-Star Sports)
Sep 1 - Sep 4 .......OPEN
Sep 4 - 10 .....DisneyBug1995
Sep 10 - 12 .....OPEN
Sep 12 - Sep 15 .....pengwin30 (All-Star Music)
Sep 15 - Sep 20.......TinkFan625 (All-Star Music)
Sep 20 - 28 .....Iwartberg (All-Star Movies)
October....OPEN
Nov 21 - 29 .....KERdad06 (All-Star Sports)
Nov 30 - Dec 6 .....MattCrimson (All-Star Sports)
Dec 6 - Dec 13 .....clajgray

Fridge Two List has been moved to this thread:
All Aboard the All Star Fridge Swap!

Unable to fill (but looking for options!)
June ? - ? ...mommaducktoo3
Aug 24 - 26 ... CarolinaMomOf3boys
Aug 27-Sep 5 ... Photolover (All-Star Movies)
Sep 19 - 20 ...tmfranlk
Sep 20 - 24 ...TinkFan625
Sep 20 - 24 ...dizneekim
Sep 18 - 29 ...chessie2008

I would like to join the fridge swap. I am staying at Music All Star Sept 12 - Sept 15. Thanks.

oooohhhhh... :worship: :worship: I am sooo in if you start one!!! I have been searching :surfweb: :badpc: for one and asked to be included in one but they only had some dates available for my trip.:worried:

I would be happy to pay whatever is needed to start up the swap.:thumbsup2

My dates are Sept 20-28!!!

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!!

P.S. I also wondered why there were so many Pop swaps??!:confused3 Theres so many they have their own football team!!

Oh I am at ASMo!

Not usually a problem.

My swap includes all 3 of the All Star resorts. We made one resort the HOME resort as it helps us keep better track of where our fridge is...knock on wood, our little fridge just had it's 1 year anniversary and has only gone MIA once which of course was during MY week to use it!!!!!

OP: I will send folks your way that can't get into my swap.

Hello, is it worth it to start a new swap..
I can get on because I was thinking about buying one, because there isn't any for me in June..
So if there is enough people thinking it will work I will go out and buy it and then there will be another one available.

We will be at All Star Sports August 24-29th. If there is ANYTHING available for us in a Fridge Swap, please PM me!:confused3

I have taken a quick moment to put up top what dates have already been requested. A big thank you to all those that responded so far. Also to Eeoregon for offering to send some our way.

Yay!!:cool1: I'm sure we can fill up the rest of the time. Maybe there are other fridge swappers out there looking for a home!!::yes::

All Star Fridge Swap sounds very blahhh, boring. :worried:
Now we need a new name for this thread to grab others attention. :duck:
Also, I want to keep it on the front page as much as possible - any ideas on that? I guess everytime someone chimes in we will get tossed back up to the top.
I really want to keep this going so we can save a little more money!:earsboy:

We need to be added to the "Fridge Swap" Sticky!!

At least that way when people go to that, they will see our name up there.

I'm on here several times a day so I can "bump" us whenever I get on!

As for a name :confused3 popcorn::

Maybe something will just pop in my head!!

Now is the time to get on board. It seems our list is growing. I have 4 (possibly 5) including myself. We may be able to begin in June. Waiting to hear back. Anyone interested in summer?

I have just added to our Fridge Swap list. Welcome aboard KERdad06!

Hopefully more people will notice it when they go looking for a fridge on the sticky!!

Certainly there are more people out there who want a cheap fridge!!;) :cutie:

I think there is a definite need for more All Star swaps! So far I have requests from three different potential swappers which I am unable to fill. If anyone out there can help those three please let me know so that I can contact them. Their dates are listed in italics at the bottom of the first post. :thanks:

Remember this list can always be found in post #1 on the front page!

Below is the current list!!! (updated daily)

Aug 20 - Sep 1, 2008 ...... Jennipooh (All Star Sports)
Sep 1 - Sep 12 .......OPEN
Sep 12 - Sep 15 .....pengwin30 (All Star Music)
Sep 15 - Sep 20.......OPEN
Sep 20 - 28 .....Iwartberg (All Star Movies)
October....OPEN
Nov 21 - 29 .....KERdad06
Nov 30 - Dec 6 .....MattCrimson (All Star Sports)

Unable to fill (but looking for options!)
June ? - ? ...mommaducktoo3
Aug 24 - 29 ... CarolinaMomOf3boys
Sep 19 - 28 ...tmfranlk

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter