CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

We've never used the sofa bed so hopefully someone else who has can help put.

The sliding partition doesn't really block sound much at all.

There are elevators đź‘Ť.

1 out of 3 so far in happy answers! Here's another one: the diagram I found seems to imply there is another entrance / exit from the hotel room on the opposite side (like to an interior hallway)? Can one actually exit without waking the people on the other side of the room, regardless of which side you are sleeping in? Hope this makes sense.

1 out of 3 so far in happy answers! Here's another one: the diagram I found seems to imply there is another entrance / exit from the hotel room on the opposite side (like to an interior hallway)? Can one actually exit without waking the people on the other side of the room, regardless of which side you are sleeping in? Hope this makes sense.
Nopies - only one entrance/exit door UNLESS it's a connecting room - if that's the case, then there is another door that connects to the room next door in the kitchen area.

Nopies - only one entrance/exit door UNLESS it's a connecting room - if that's the case, then there is another door that connects to the room next door in the kitchen area.

That means I'll be sneaking past the lovebirds at O Dark Thirty to go outside and have coffee and smoke. Oh well, it's my 60th birthday so my daughter and her beau will just have to resign themselves to a sofa bed (jury is still out on how comfortable), a partition that doesn't block sound, and a mother who rambles through their bedroom every morning!

Are there any quiet areas at the hotel where my son could do his online college class? He has the class after we have to check out but our flight is at 5:00 pm.
I'll take a stab at this, but I preface every response with the fact that I haven't been there in a year and a half. I have always found the upstairs balcony area, around the corner from the health ctr and bowling alley, to be fairly quiet. There are a few random seating places scattered around, there is an empty room that looks like it could be used for a classroom of sorts, and the arcade is up there too but not usually used much when I am there. I can't find any photos, another option could be outside by the slide pool. There are a lot of chairs in out of the way areas there.

I'm in some FB groups too. I think people are just being trolls or incredibly picky. I am staying at CB next month and just ignoring those types of posts. There are just as many saying how great CB still is.
I'm there next month as well (well, end of this month) and I'm hoping we have a decent experience. Normal progression says crowds should be diminishing quite a bit from this point forward so I'm hoping if it is a staff/guest ratio issue, there won't be and issue.

I'm there next month as well (well, end of this month) and I'm hoping we have a decent experience. Normal progression says crowds should be diminishing quite a bit from this point forward so I'm hoping if it is a staff/guest ratio issue, there won't be and issue.

We actually cancelled our trip altogether due to the virus surge, but we had switched to Hard Rock because it was only $100 more per night and we figured we'd rather have Express Pass than take our chances with an awful resort experience. Recent reviews are pretty terrible all around and it doesn't seem to be isolated to one specific time period.

If I remember correctly, the bayliner has a toaster that’s available 24/7. Is there a microwave, too?

There was when I stayed at CBBR in 2017. I want to say I saw a 2020 or 2021 trip report that mentioned it was still available, because I think I remember being slightly surprised to read that, but I can't track down the reference.

Deciding on whether to book a family suite exterior entry vs. interior entry. We’re planning on walking to and from the parks. Which building would be closest to the walking path and does this building have exterior entry family suites or interior entry… or both?

Castaway building is great for walking path access as is Thunderbird. Both have only Exterior Entry suites - no building has a mix - all are one or the other.

Deciding on whether to book a family suite exterior entry vs. interior entry. We’re planning on walking to and from the parks. Which building would be closest to the walking path and does this building have exterior entry family suites or interior entry… or both?

We've stayed in Thunderbird and I loved the exterior entry suites - they're so sound proof (ymmv if you're pool view though). The walking path is right there and while the buses & Bayliner Diner feel far away they're really just a 5 minute walk.

We've stayed in Thunderbird and I loved the exterior entry suites - they're so sound proof (ymmv if you're pool view though). The walking path is right there and while the buses & Bayliner Diner feel far away they're really just a 5 minute walk.
Thank you! We typically choose standard view as we’re not in the room that much. We do usually request high floor and often have decent overall views from places we’ve stayed though. Good to know there’s an area that we can request that’s close to walking path. :thumbsup2

I've stayed at Cabana Bay more than a few times. I've had good experience. Last November we did have a the mini fridge stop working and we got locked out of room. That said the staff reacted and resolved these problems quickly.

The worst that I've heard in my family was that they were in a room with no shower curtain. If you have issue let the staff know and they will resolve the issue.

I will say that the resort needs to be refreshed some. Clean up the room by replacing door locks, fridge and putting fresh fabrics in the room

Last edited:
Any recommendations for room requests? We just have standard rooms reserved for next week.

I will say that the resort needs to be refreshed some. Clean up the room by replacing door locks, fridge and putting fresh fabrics in the room
I second this! There were pulls all over the bedspread and the actual sheets were so thin I could see through to the mattress label. There were also spotty black mold patches on the cieling so it'd be nice to clean that up too. The bottom of the hallway walls were banged up by the luggage carts and there was the occassional empty candy wrapper and salt packet on those hallway floors too. There was also something going on with the carpet that made us itchy. My mom thinks a carpet flea could have bitten her. She needed Benadryl so maybe we were in a pet friendly room and they didn't tell us. I enjoyed the view on the 6th floor but I really don't think I could stay there again.

Last edited:
I second this! There were pulls all over the bedspread and the actual sheets were so thin I could see through to the mattress label. There were also spotty black mold patches on the cieling so it'd be nice to clean that up too. The bottom of the hallway walls were banged up by the luggage carts and there was the occassional empty candy wrapper and salt packet on those hallway floors too. There was also something going on with the carpet that made us itchy. My mom thinks a carpet flea could have bitten her. She needed Benadryl so maybe we were in a pet friendly room and they didn't tell us. I enjoyed the view on the 6th floor but I really don't think I could stay there again.
Cabana bay does not permit pets to stay There. But again refresh is needed

Does anyone know if there are any interior entry family suites in the (oval) towers? I really don't want to be that far from the lobby. Has anyone tried putting in an 'as close to the lobby as possible' room request?

Does anyone know if there are any interior entry family suites in the (oval) towers? I really don't want to be that far from the lobby. Has anyone tried putting in an 'as close to the lobby as possible' room request?

Beachside and Bayside do not have the “family” suites, however there are 2 bedroom suites.

That request would be great to ask for if you prefer being closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter