CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

No, they are not all on the 1st floor - they can be on any floor of any of the 3 buildings that surround the slide pool.

There are no patios - you exit your room directly out into the walkway on whatever floor you're assigned. No, there is no spot to sit immediately outside your room - you'd be sitting in a main walkway.

Ok, that makes more sense. Thank you!

That makes me wonder if we should maybe switch sides and have an indoor entry for our Family Suite? Lots to think about :)

Ok, that makes more sense. Thank you!

That makes me wonder if we should maybe switch sides and have an indoor entry for our Family Suite? Lots to think about :)

If you choose a Poolside Exterior Entry Family Suite, you'll be steps from the pool area regardless of which building you're in - though obviously if you're not on the ground floor you'll have to descend to the main level. There are 4 floors in each of those buildings. There's TONS of seating around the slide pool 👍.

Here is an exterior view of one of the buildings that hold exterior family suites - similar to how the value resorts at Disney are.

A benefit to me is that in an exterior family suite the bedroom is in the back of the room - so it's darker longer IMO. The couch/kitchen area is by the door/window so brighter in the morning. With an interior family suite it's reversed...so couch/kitchen area is darker (by the entrance door) and the bedroom has the windows.

View attachment 588004
Here is an exterior view of one of the buildings that hold exterior family suites - similar to how the value resorts at Disney are.

A benefit to me is that in an exterior family suite the bedroom is in the back of the room - so it's darker longer IMO. The couch/kitchen area is by the door/window so brighter in the morning. With an interior family suite it's reversed...so couch/kitchen area is darker (by the entrance door) and the bedroom has the windows.

Oh this is great! Thank you for the Picture and information.

Even more info to digest, but I really appreciate all the info and will take more... ha-ha

Is anyone currently staying at Cabana Bay? I keep reading terrible reports on face book groups. I wonder if they are trolls or if it is really that bad. Considering trying to upgrade if reports are accurate, but we love CBBR so I don't really want to stay elsewhere if it's okay.

We are arriving here late on Monday of next week (10pm). Going to the park Tuesday/Wednesday and staying at Royal Pacific Tuesday and Wednesday night. We still need to redeem our AP. What is the best plan of attack to redeem the AP and still get early entry? My plan was to take the bus at 6:45 and get in line. What time do they start to run for an 8am open? Then when ticket windows open (7:30?) run over redeem AP and hopefully rejoin my wife in the early entry line. Will this work?
We’re in a similar situation and heard there’s a Universal Ticket desk at each Universal hotel which has hours approximately from 7am-7pm. I hope this is true because we’d love to pick up our APs at a hotel desk instead of the park guest services for convenience.

Is anyone currently staying at Cabana Bay? I keep reading terrible reports on face book groups. I wonder if they are trolls or if it is really that bad. Considering trying to upgrade if reports are accurate, but we love CBBR so I don't really want to stay elsewhere if it's okay.

I'm in some FB groups too. I think people are just being trolls or incredibly picky. I am staying at CB next month and just ignoring those types of posts. There are just as many saying how great CB still is.

We’re in a similar situation and heard there’s a Universal Ticket desk at each Universal hotel which has hours approximately from 7am-7pm. I hope this is true because we’d love to pick up our APs at a hotel desk instead of the park guest services for convenience.
Last trip the desk opened earlier than expected. There was a HUGE line 1st thing in the morning every day we walked by to get on the bus. I never saw more than 4 people working the desk. You might consider checking the park hours and seeing how late guest services is open in front of the parks (might have more employees working guest services at the parks vs resort?), or plan on getting down to the lobby earlier than you think you should.

Last trip the desk opened earlier than expected. There was a HUGE line 1st thing in the morning every day we walked by to get on the bus. I never saw more than 4 people working the desk. You might consider checking the park hours and seeing how late guest services is open in front of the parks (might have more employees working guest services at the parks vs resort?), or plan on getting down to the lobby earlier than you think you should.
Thanks for this tip! We arrive around 6:30pm or so and hoping they’re open then at the hotel AND hopefully not a huge line.

Our flight got cancelled and our new flight doesn’t arrive until 1am. Plan on sleeping until 8 and then transferring to RP after breakfast. Decided to just go with the flow.
Once we get EP we should be fine so no reason to stress.

Are there any quiet areas at the hotel where my son could do his online college class? He has the class after we have to check out but our flight is at 5:00 pm.

Has the food court gone back to normal yet? We’ll be there in 2 weeks and DH loves the salad bar, and I feel like we didn’t have as many food options as we usually do when we were there in June 2020.

Does anyone know what the current policy for pool floats is? Are they still selling them and will inflate them for you? Can you still bring your own and have them inflated there as well?
We left about a week ago. When we were there, they were only selling one type of tube. It was much smaller than the ones we brought with us. We bought ours there a couple of years ago and we got many comments from other guests who wished they could have gotten ones like ours. They had an air hose on the side of the little sales shack where you could blow up your tubes from home.

We left about a week ago. When we were there, they were only selling one type of tube. It was much smaller than the ones we brought with us. We bought ours there a couple of years ago and we got many comments from other guests who wished they could have gotten ones like ours. They had an air hose on the side of the little sales shack where you could blow up your tubes from home.

How was the food court when you were there?

The buildings with the exterior entry family suites are 3 or 4 stories high. The end of Castaway closest to the main bldg would be closer, but that is also where all the traffic enters the resort so maybe noisier. It's not a far walk from the center of Castaway. (Could be wrong but I don't recall any rooms having actual patios)
No, they are not all on the 1st floor - they can be on any floor of any of the 3 buildings that surround the slide pool.

There are no patios - you exit your room directly out into the walkway on whatever floor you're assigned. No, there is no spot to sit immediately outside your room - you'd be sitting in a main walkway.

Thank you both for your descriptions! We were booked for a family suite at Dockside for 6 people but 2 won't be coming so when they rebooked us today it was in an exterior entry poolside family suite at Cabana Bay for about the same price per person! I've stayed at CB before so am super excited to return, and I think overall it will be closer and nicer than Dockside. (Not to mention 4 in a room instead of 6!) Yet I couldn't imagine how the rooms and entry worked, so - THANKS!

But I have three questions, if anyone can answer them. Is the sofa bed truly comfortable? We would just leave it out all trip. But we have a couple on that bed and I'm hoping it's OK for them.

I was also relieved to discover there's a sliding door between that room and the other. Does it block sound OK? Can one side quietly watch TV while the other sleeps if it's closed? Would a romantic young couple have privacy to, well, get romantic? :love2:

Finally, I assume there's no elevator? So if you're on the 4th floor, you're treking up 4 flights numerous times a day? Yikes, I'm not as young as I used to be!

We've never used the sofa bed so hopefully someone else who has can help put.

The sliding partition doesn't really block sound much at all.

There are elevators 👍.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter