CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Where is this type of room located:

Hearing accessible Poolside Standard room

Also, are we going to notice anything different about this room? This was all that was available for our dates and discount type.

Where is this type of room located:

Hearing accessible Poolside Standard room

Also, are we going to notice anything different about this room? This was all that was available for our dates and discount type.
standard rooms will be in Americana or Continental bldgs (interior entry)
Have never heard of that; I found this on the UO website -
Hearing Accessible Poolside Standard Room - Poolside Rooms feature a view of the courtyard leading to the pool area. Offers 300 square feet, 2 queen beds, a flat screen TV, mini-refrigerator and coffee maker. Accessibility features include visual alarm and doorbell, flashing light on phone, and outlet near phone for TTY. Maximum occupancy of 4 guests.

standard rooms will be in Americana or Continental bldgs (interior entry)
Have never heard of that; I found this on the UO website -
Hearing Accessible Poolside Standard Room - Poolside Rooms feature a view of the courtyard leading to the pool area. Offers 300 square feet, 2 queen beds, a flat screen TV, mini-refrigerator and coffee maker. Accessibility features include visual alarm and doorbell, flashing light on phone, and outlet near phone for TTY. Maximum occupancy of 4 guests.

Are there no poolside standard rooms in the new towers? We were hoping to be in one of those.

Looking for some information, This will be our first time staying at Cabana Bay. We planned our vacation on the Universal site. When we check in at the resort are we given our tickets and dining card. I thought I read somewhere that Cabana Bay has a Kiosk to print off tickets? But then I remember reading something about picking up dining cards at the parks? Please help me. We don't arrive until after midnight so I want to be prepared if we have to spend extra time picking things up in the morning. Thanks!!!

Are there no poolside standard rooms in the new towers? We were hoping to be in one of those.
Sorry I do not know the answer to this. There is a separate booking category for Volcano view standard rooms in the newer towers, but I can't say how many poolside rooms there may be there. I always book standard and have been in the 2 'regular' bldgs, which are also called towers in some youtube stuff so no help there. I have been upgraded to poolside, which I didn't like because of the noise, but not in the new towers.

Last edited:
Sorry I do not know the answer to this. There is a separate booking category for Volcano view standard rooms in the newer towers, but I can't say how many poolside rooms there may be there. I always book standard and have been in the 2 'regular' bldgs, which are also called towers in some youtube stuff so no help there. I have been upgraded to poolside, which I didn't like because of the noise, but not in the new towers.

We ended up booking an Interior Entry family suite because we wanted to be near the lazy river pool and Volcano Bay.

Looking for some information, This will be our first time staying at Cabana Bay. We planned our vacation on the Universal site. When we check in at the resort are we given our tickets and dining card. I thought I read somewhere that Cabana Bay has a Kiosk to print off tickets? But then I remember reading something about picking up dining cards at the parks? Please help me. We don't arrive until after midnight so I want to be prepared if we have to spend extra time picking things up in the morning. Thanks!!!
They usually have kiosks to print tickets but unless something is changed they are "closed" due to covid. There is however a staffed counter attached to the machines that can print them off for you during business hours. Not sure about the dining cards I haven't used them.

Are the beds ok at Cabana? Seeing reports of hard and lumpy beds. Also, for a standard 2 queen room.....is booking pool view worth it and what requests can we make to get a desired location? Are the towers newer and should we try for that area?

Are the beds ok at Cabana? Seeing reports of hard and lumpy beds. Also, for a standard 2 queen room.....is booking pool view worth it and what requests can we make to get a desired location? Are the towers newer and should we try for that area?

We had zero complaints of the beds! We were in an interior pool view family suite.

We actually find the beds comfortable, and don't have any problems sleeping. We always get interior poolview and love it, we open the curtains during the day and it's great. Last year we stayed in a queen room in the towers and it was a great view, we looked out at the blue slide with the 2 big walls, but a far walk from what we call the hub (food court, transportation, etc). It was very close to the pool gate though, so that was nice.

This is the only year I made a request, and I just said we wanted to be close to the elevators by the food court and on a high floor. I gave them the room number we stayed in before, and told them we loved that location. I don't necessarily want that same exact room, it was purely for a reference point. I'll find out in August if it worked :)

DH and I stayed here 6/15-6/19. We really liked the look and vibe of this hotel. No complaints except we were pretty far from the lobby. We had an interior entry standard room. It was definitely quicker to walk outside through the pool courtyard, then to walk down the hall of unending carpet. LOL. Comfy beds, clean room. Enjoyed the lazy river, but it is definitely colder than the pool! Pool felt a bit like a hot tub after the lazy river. It's not like it's freezing, but I am a bit of a baby when it comes to water temperature, and it was cooler than I expected. Even DH thought it was a bit cold, and he is not a baby about pool temp. :P

We ate at the food court several times and we really enjoyed it. Kids chicken strips with fries is PLENTY for an adult and only $8. Half-way through our stay, the prices went up. Many of the adult lunch/dinner meals went up $1. Lots of the kids meals went from $7.50 to $8. Still reasonably priced in my opinion. Compared to the in-park quick service options, this food court was super quick, barely any lines.

We are arriving here late on Monday of next week (10pm). Going to the park Tuesday/Wednesday and staying at Royal Pacific Tuesday and Wednesday night. We still need to redeem our AP. What is the best plan of attack to redeem the AP and still get early entry? My plan was to take the bus at 6:45 and get in line. What time do they start to run for an 8am open? Then when ticket windows open (7:30?) run over redeem AP and hopefully rejoin my wife in the early entry line. Will this work?

We are arriving here late on Monday of next week (10pm). Going to the park Tuesday/Wednesday and staying at Royal Pacific Tuesday and Wednesday night. We still need to redeem our AP. What is the best plan of attack to redeem the AP and still get early entry? My plan was to take the bus at 6:45 and get in line. What time do they start to run for an 8am open? Then when ticket windows open (7:30?) run over redeem AP and hopefully rejoin my wife in the early entry line. Will this work?
Others can confirm this, but I believe busses start 2 hours before park opens. Certainly windows will by open by 7 for an 8 am EE (this is only my opinion, not fact) When we were there in early June 8 am EE meant being let into the park at 7;30-7;45, so I’d shoot to be moving through security by 6:45 and be at the windows by 7. You can always call and find out when they’ll be open.

This is going to be our 1st stay at CB for HHN! I have been reading up on this thread and are still a little confused on the exterior entry Family suites.

Are all of the exterior entry rooms on the 1st floor with patios?

If I wanted a central location in the Castaway Building, is that a good location? I am looking for a closer walk to the lobby/bus area while staying on the side with the exterior entry rooms.

DH and I spent quite a bit of down time at the pool, so a room that we can just walk out to the pool from our patio would be wonderful.

It's just DH and I, but we like space. We are definitely booking a Family Suite.

I appreciate all your thoughts and input!

This is going to be our 1st stay at CB for HHN! I have been reading up on this thread and are still a little confused on the exterior entry Family suites.

Are all of the exterior entry rooms on the 1st floor with patios?

If I wanted a central location in the Castaway Building, is that a good location? I am looking for a closer walk to the lobby/bus area while staying on the side with the exterior entry rooms.

DH and I spent quite a bit of down time at the pool, so a room that we can just walk out to the pool from our patio would be wonderful.

It's just DH and I, but we like space. We are definitely booking a Family Suite.

I appreciate all your thoughts and input!
The buildings with the exterior entry family suites are 3 or 4 stories high. The end of Castaway closest to the main bldg would be closer, but that is also where all the traffic enters the resort so maybe noisier. It's not a far walk from the center of Castaway. (Could be wrong but I don't recall any rooms having actual patios)

The buildings with the exterior entry family suites are 3 or 4 stories high. The end of Castaway closest to the main bldg would be closer, but that is also where all the traffic enters the resort so maybe noisier. It's not a far walk from the center of Castaway. (Could be wrong but I don't recall any rooms having actual patios)
Thank you so much!

All the exterior entry Family Suites are on the 1st floor?

I can not quite picture the exterior entry with out a patio. I have been searching for pics, but I am not finding what I want. DH and I love to sit on our patio after a long day at the parks and just enjoy the view. We especially love a pool view. Is there a spot to sit outside your exterior door?

I will take a look at the Castaway building. We use white noise machines, so for us noise is not an issue.

Thank you so much!

All the exterior entry Family Suites are on the 1st floor?

I can not quite picture the exterior entry with out a patio. I have been searching for pics, but I am not finding what I want. DH and I love to sit on our patio after a long day at the parks and just enjoy the view. We especially love a pool view. Is there a spot to sit outside your exterior door?

I will take a look at the Castaway building. We use white noise machines, so for us noise is not an issue.

No, they are not all on the 1st floor - they can be on any floor of any of the 3 buildings that surround the slide pool.

There are no patios - you exit your room directly out into the walkway on whatever floor you're assigned. No, there is no spot to sit immediately outside your room - you'd be sitting in a main walkway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter