CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Are there any other pools worth checking out (at the other hotels, not VB)?
Hard Rock has a decent slide, and it was a little less crowded than CB when we did a split stay back in April. There's also the underwater music in the HR pool. My youngest put on her life jacket, and just floated on her back with her ears underwater, listening to the music play. Overall, I didn't find it to be objectively better than CBBR, but it did seem more upscale, and less noisy.

That said, I'm not sure how much pool hopping happens in practice. IMO, the chances are pretty slim that someone staying at HRH, RPH or PB would want to catch a bus over to CBBR and deal with changing into/out of swimsuits and a bus back when there are perfectly good pools at their own hotels. Maybe they'd take a quick walk between those three to get a different vibe, but I don't imagine many make the trek over to CBBR. If you had a free day, it might be fun to hop between the three of them. Alternately, their close proximity to the parks makes them a tempting option for an afternoon break that doesn't involve bussing back to CBBR.

Aventura guests might want to wander over to CBBR, but I get the feeling that Aventura has a more adult vibe, and guests there are less likely to want the lively, noisy family atmosphere of Cabana Bay. Since Aventura and CB are usually priced the same, I think people self-select into the type of resort they want. Aventura's pool is pretty basic, but if you're an adult who wants to sit undisturbed on a lounger with a drink, you're going to prefer Aventura. The pool itself isn't a draw.

There could be some interchanges between Sapphire Falls and Cabana Bay because SF has a great pool, but a more tropical relaxing vibe to it. Given the proximity, I think it would be easy to hop over and check out the other. IMO, this is the best pool hopping opportunity because the pools are both very well done, but very different.

Endless Summer guests are not allowed to pool hop at all. Their pools are extremely basic and shallow. Good for a quick dip in to cool off, but not great for people who like serious pool time. Given the huge size of the hotels, and the relatively small size of the pools, the pools are really inadequate for the resort. I have a feeling the prohibition on ES guests pool hopping is likely to stick around because those are the guests who would be most motivated to seek out another resort's pool.

Sorry if I missed it, tried to search. Are we allowed to bring our own pool floats? Thanks!

As a frequent solo traveler, I LOVE the Villa pool at PBR and have hopped there for a few hours. Quiet, the servers from the Beach Pool bring mai tais and the delicious fruit plate, there is an outdoor shower and lockers in the rest room.

When my family starts wondering where I've disappeared off to I'm blaming you. This sounds amazing.

Sorry if I missed it, tried to search. Are we allowed to bring our own pool floats? Thanks!
I would like to know the answer to this question as well! I have read you are NOT allowed to bring your own float and I've also read you CAN and they will even inflate it for you! Hope someone has visited recently and can confirm!

Are all standard rooms and interior suites Closer to to lazy river? I don't want a room in the section by the pool with the slide. Thanks

Are all standard rooms and interior suites Closer to to lazy river? I don't want a room in the section by the pool with the slide. Thanks
That's correct - the three buildings that surround the slide pool are all exterior entry family suites & those are the only locations for those room types. All the rest are on the other side closer to the lazy river.

Yes. I've heard they will even fill them for you, but have not personally asked for this.
Pre-covid they'd fill them for you. I'm assuming it's still the same now.

Yes, to both. We were there in June 2020, the week after they opened the parks, and they filled ours up for us. We have the seat type ones from 5 below and just take them every year.

I would like to know the answer to this question as well! I have read you are NOT allowed to bring your own float and I've also read you CAN and they will even inflate it for you! Hope someone has visited recently and can confirm!

There is a self serve air pump to the left of the float shack by the lazy river. That was as of March 2021.

There is a self serve air pump to the left of the float shack by the lazy river. That was as of March 2021.

this is good to know- we will be heading back with our float purchased in 2019 and I can get DH to fill it while I purchase a replacement for the one that went missing at the end of that trip.

Where are the interior family suites located? Not poolside.
They'll be in the Americana or Continental buildings. We had a nice tree-ful view in Continental (as long as you looked out, not down) , but there's less landscaping on the Americana side. From Americana you might be able to see the shuttle stop.

If I book my room through a 3rd party site how to I request a room? I'm thinking we'd like interior family suite, pool view...but would rather a higher floor. I've never really made requests for rooms before, just went with basic and offered.

If I book my room through a 3rd party site how to I request a room? I'm thinking we'd like interior family suite, pool view...but would rather a higher floor. I've never really made requests for rooms before, just went with basic and offered.

The interior family suite, pool view is an actual room type you would book - that would be confirmed on your reservation. As for a high floor request, you can call the hotel directly and they can connect you with the person that can put the request in for you for a high floor. I did that for my third party booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter