CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Can anyone tell me about the coffee makers in the standard rooms? Do they use grounds or the single serve packs? Also, are there microwaves in the rooms?

The family suites use a pre-made pack of grounds. I believe there was a small pot but the grounds are fully enclosed in the pack. this is as of summer, 2019 so with COVID the suppliers may have changed.

Can anyone tell me about the coffee makers in the standard rooms? Do they use grounds or the single serve packs? Also, are there microwaves in the rooms?
The standard rooms have the Cuisinart single pack flat coffee filters... the flat round ones that kind just lay in the filter spot if that makes sense.

I got an emailed AP offer for a free upgrade to an exterior family suite for the same price as a standard room. I've stayed at CBBR once but don't remember the layout perfectly. Are all of the exterior-entry suites on the north side of the grounds, closer to the walking path to Citywalk/IoA/US?

I got an emailed AP offer for a free upgrade to an exterior family suite for the same price as a standard room. I've stayed at CBBR once but don't remember the layout perfectly. Are all of the exterior-entry suites on the north side of the grounds, closer to the walking path to Citywalk/IoA/US?
Got the same email & booked this morning for the second week of May 👍!

& yes, you are correct - it's the exterior entry suites that are closest to the walking path.

I just booked a family suite (interior) with the upgrade deal for the first time. Are they located in the Americana and Continental buildings? I’ve only ever stayed in standard rooms.

I just booked a family suite (interior) with the upgrade deal for the first time. Are they located in the Americana and Continental buildings? I’ve only ever stayed in standard rooms.

Yes they are, I asked while on a recent stay, FYI I was told there are more in the Continental side vs Americana. Ours was a poolside interior and even had a view of VB at an angle.

Got the same email & booked this morning for the second week of May 👍!

& yes, you are correct - it's the exterior entry suites that are closest to the walking path.

Thanks for confirming! I went ahead and booked today for that same week after a rough morning at work. Nothing like a Universal trip on the books to cheer a girl up :D

I recently signed up for email promotions and received a 40% off my "first stay" at Cabana Bay. This is actually my 3rd stay but first with booking directly with Universal. That was a nice surprise to receive.

Reactions: AJA
This is a great deal! I saved another $100 over the AP rate I already had! For some reason I could not find it on the website, this link, I had to go back to the Facebook group that posted it So I could share it here
https://www.universalorlando.com/we...ource=A000250909.000005426&IndivKey=338941171

It really is a good deal, considering standard room AP rates are about the same right now. I decided to jump on it after confirming Aventura and Sapphire Falls would still be closed for our trip. I just wish it would go a bit longer so I could do a girls’ trip with my teacher friends!

We always book the interior family suite and have gotten the Continental wing every time. Ask for a room close to the lobby.

Hi everyone. Planning a trip to Orlando March 6-13th. (Had to cancel our Cruise then planned Cabo but cancelled that too with all the flight restrictions and testing) Will be Me, DS22 and DD19. (DH is not an Orlando/Theme Park Fan so he is staying home with the dog..). Originally was looking at Wyndham Bonnet Creek or Sheraton Villas Resort (2 Bedroom). Mainly for the extra room and pools. Then thinking this might be a good time to try Universal (we have never been). We have a Disney Trip planned for May so no Disney this trip except to Disney Springs.

Cabana Bay looks fun. Looking at Family Suites - just not sure if Exterior or Interior is better. Are the in different locations? Not sure what to pick here. May also book one night at Royal Pacific to get 2 days of Express Pass - assuming that would be cheaper than adding it on but will have to look at that.

From what I am reading only 1 Pool is open and the other on weekends? Is that still correct. Are all the food places open?

Probably get 4 day passes with VB since that looks fun too. And will be open when we are there.

Is it bussing or walk to parks? How close to the Entertainment Area at night? And can you get the refillable mugs now and if so are they good at hotel and parks?

Sorry for so many questions - Universal is all new to me.

Hiya Lynn! I’ll be at Cabana Bay the same time as you. I’m not a noobie to UO, but I was to CB.

The exterior rooms are closest to the parks on the side with the pool that has the slide (Open weekends) The interior rooms are closer to Volcano Bay and the pool with the lazy river.(open all the time) Another note, interior has the big window in the bedroom, while the exterior has the window in the living area.

we’ve done the one night at Royal for the express pass. Ifs fun. You’re also there long enough you’ll be able to see everything without It.

Hiya Lynn! I’ll be at Cabana Bay the same time as you. I’m not a noobie to UO, but I was to CB.

The exterior rooms are closest to the parks on the side with the pool that has the slide (Open weekends) The interior rooms are closer to Volcano Bay and the pool with the lazy river.(open all the time) Another note, interior has the big window in the bedroom, while the exterior has the window in the living area.

we’ve done the one night at Royal for the express pass. Ifs fun. You’re also there long enough you’ll be able to see everything without It.

Thanks for the info. So kind of leaning towards the Interior. Where is the food court located? I was wondering if we would really need to spend another $400 on a throwaway room for 1 night. (That is the AP price...)

The interior room are closest to Volcano Bay and lazy river. There is a big pool and lazy river that is open all week.
Exterior are closest to the park. These rooms are by the pool with the slide that is only open on the weekends right now.
If you plan on buying 4 day tickets, you may want to look at just at buying annual passes. They'll probably be around the same price. Just check the blockout dates to make sure it's not during your planned vaca.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts