CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

So I am at Pop now and the beds are killing my back. Are the beds at cabana better than Pop Century?

How are the beds at Cabana? I have read in reviews that they are hard/uncomfortable? Also, what is the noise level at this hotel? I am a light sleeper. Otherwise, the lazy river and theme looks really fun! Thanks!

How are the beds at Cabana? I have read in reviews that they are hard/uncomfortable? Also, what is the noise level at this hotel? I am a light sleeper. Otherwise, the lazy river and theme looks really fun! Thanks!
The beds were better than Pop. I am a heavy sleeper except when the beds are not good! I loved Cabana Bay but still hurt my back. I guess it is because I am used to an adjustable bed.

Is there a microwave available in the food court for guest use for food not purchased? We like to bring oatmeal for breakfast. :)
I didn't see that this was ever answered. Can someone who knows please answer? We opted for two standard rooms rather than the family suite (3 teenage boys) and are trying to figure out breakfast. Thanks!

I didn't see that this was ever answered. Can someone who knows please answer? We opted for two standard rooms rather than the family suite (3 teenage boys) and are trying to figure out breakfast. Thanks!
You might want to contact the hotel directly about your question.
Don’t know if microwaves are still unavailable since hotels have scaled back due to the virus.

You said your plans are for next month and I have not read any hotel updates for your December dates stay.

Staying here 12/23-12/26 and if anyone's there now, would love to know if both pools have been open over the Thanksgiving holiday & if the Bayliner Diner has been open regular hours with their full menu offerings.

TIA!

I’m here now in Continental Building / pool view wit lazy river open. The other pool off main lobby is open on Sat& Sunday’s.
Just had breakfast & dinner here today . The fresh made omelette w/ fresh spinach & bacon & sausage, so good ! Tonight for dinner I had chicken noodle soup and side of children’s grilled cheese w/ homemade potato chips! Also really good .Also my son ordered the Brazilian Beef w/ rice and jokingly said he thought it was his favorite meal for all of this area... We live in Celebrarion nearby. I took a bite & it was really tasty & tender.
And so much fun at the theme parks with 2 examples of Universal Team Members giving us immediate Sorry but I will fix it for you .
I mean Universal is totally outshining Disney in so many ways!
Having the best time .
Thank You Universal Studios Orlando!
Happy Wholidays .

The POP Warner Cheer & Dance Teams are here this weekendtoo!
P.S. I will be back 12/23-12/28 with my grandkids first visit Universal !
I love Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal!
Excellent bus service too...9A78B0F0-992B-437C-A034-2BCE0A5BF385.png

Last edited:
And make a reservation for picture with Grinch . Booked all the way thru Monday!
We didn’t buy the picture $35 but Grinch is so entertaining. Normally I am too shy but Grinch has big heart!
I told him I loved him & he said he loved me too meaning himself ... haha

I’m here now in Continental Building / pool view wit lazy river open. The other pool off main lobby is open on Sat& Sunday’s.
Just had breakfast & dinner here today . The fresh made omelette w/ fresh spinach & bacon & sausage, so good ! Tonight for dinner I had chicken noodle soup and side of children’s grilled cheese w/ homemade potato chips! Also really good .Also my son ordered the Brazilian Beef w/ rice and jokingly said he thought it was his favorite meal for all of this area... We live in Celebrarion nearby. I took a bite & it was really tasty & tender.
And so much fun at the theme parks with 2 examples of Universal Team Members giving us immediate Sorry but I will fix it for you .
Having the best time .
Happy Wholidays .

Excellent bus service too...View attachment 542106

Glad to hear you`re having such a lovely trip and another one soon to look forward to......

Everyone says the buses are brilliant, good to see they`re consistently reliable.

Can you walk from CB to Volcano Bay?
Volcano Bay is literally right next to Cabana Bay, so yep, easy walk & a primary reason lots of folks choose to stay at CBBR. It's closed now until I think March - not sure what dates you're looking at so wanted to make sure you knew that :).

Having the best time .
Happy Wholidays .

Excellent bus service too...View attachment 542106
So glad you're enjoying your visit & thanks so much for an update on the Bayliner Diner !

We'll be there 12/23-12/26, too :)

And make a reservation for picture with Grinch . Booked all the way thru Monday!
We didn’t buy the picture $35 but Grinch is so entertaining. Normally I am too shy but Grinch has big heart!
I told him I loved him & he said he loved me too meaning himself ... haha
How do you book a reservation for the Grinch?

I’m searching on their UniversalOrlando.com but I think it was holiday events...
their site is difficult to find anything , might take a while!

Hah15 minutes searching Universals Site and finallygoogled it to see link from another site.
Also a discussion on Disboards just before Thanksgiving that all the times were booked...
We just happened to ask and told Sorry but then went into store to “shop” and just see the Grinch when the line coordinator approached us to invite us in Standby line.
The Seuss Bookstore in Seussland at Islands of Adventure.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me about the coffee makers in the standard rooms? Do they use grounds or the single serve packs? Also, are there microwaves in the rooms?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!