CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

What’s the difference between in interior and exterior. Wonder if I prefer one over the otger

Interior you would enter your room from inside the resort, exterior is from outside, like most Disney value or mod resorts.
Thank you. That’s a good way of looking at it. I’m now booked at endless summer for august. But was looking at making the change to cabana bay. But the reasons I was looking to change. That stuff is closed. The pool slide. Exterior room. Food court

Thank you. That’s a good way of looking at it. I’m now booked at endless summer for august. But was looking at making the change to cabana bay. But the reasons I was looking to change. That stuff is closed. The pool slide. Exterior room. Food court
I'm hoping that if the exterior rooms are opened, then they should also be opening the pool and slide as well. We can hope - but we don't arrive until August.

I'm hoping that if the exterior rooms are opened, then they should also be opening the pool and slide as well. We can hope - but we don't arrive until August.
We arrive August 23. So I will keep an eye on that. Also the park hours. We have a 3 park unlimited ticket. If that water park stays open later I’ll stay at endless summer and just go to the water park later

I love Cabana Bay but does anyone else feel it needs some refreshing especially the rooms. Just some new fabrics some freshing up on the furniture.

I love Cabana Bay but does anyone else feel it needs some refreshing especially the rooms. Just some new fabrics some freshing up on the furniture.

Cabana opened in the spring of 2014 I believe it was March.

So having 6 years of wear I suppose it could use a refresh in some areas, I’m not up on the rooms at Cabana but even at most of the places my family stays some have gone through refurbs over the past 2-5 years and some are already showing wear, it’s normal.

Given the current situation in the world, I don’t see them doing anything about it right away.

I read somewhere some folks staying at a recently refurbed Portofino room didn’t even realize they were in a refurbished room, prior to covid closure.

Last edited:
I wanted to report back on our stay. We went the week of the 29th. Stayed in the Continental Bldg, 6th floor in an interior family suite, very close to the lobby. Room 4610. It overlooked the sandy beach chair area before you get to the pool. Upon check in, they let you know that you can text for anything that you need. Loved the temp checks in the lobby and also by the bus stop. Lots of hand sanitizer everywhere and the hotel was very clean.

ROOM:
Overall, the room was clean. Fabric on the sofa and chairs were pretty worn and dingy. We pulled out the sofa bed and the sheet had crumbs all over it. Looked like it wasn't changed from previous guests. We texted the front desk for new sheets and also had to ask for pillows and blanket since there was not one in the closet for the sofa bed. They brought it up within 5 minutes. Text feature was awesome. Fridge was pretty large and we liked having the kitchenette area.

You can hear EVERYTHING. We sleep with a white noise machine and still woke up at 7:30 am (on the dot!) every single morning to groundskeepers using backpack blowers. They use them for a good hour. We heard the adjoining rooms using their microwave, hairdryer and yelling at their kids. We had to text the front desk on Thurs. night at midnight because they were letting their kids run the halls. It's definitely quieter during the week and the crowds start coming on Thursday afternoon. You could tell just by looking at the pool from our window. Way more people on the weekends.

The maids did not wear masks, which surprised me. When we were there, they left the carts outs and guests pretty much grabbed what they needed. I'm not sure if this was done on purpose. The text messaging worked so well and you are able to just text when you checkout. It was so convenient.

POOL:
We thought we would LOVE the pool and were a little disappointed. The lazy river was pretty dirty with leaves and visible dirt at the bottom. We bought our own round rafts at Walmart and my mom bought a hammock style one. They had no issues blowing them up for us, which was really nice. The Cabana Bay floats ranged in price from around $7-$20. The pool float kiosk closed pretty early. We also noticed a lot of guests left their garbage around their chairs which was pretty sad. DO NOT leave your food for a second! There are a ton of crows that fly around and will steal food in a heartbeat. The slide and main pool were only open on the weekends.

TIP- Store and stack your floats in your window and close the curtains at night. We saw a few other rooms doing this and it worked great!

FOOD:
VERY limited menu before 5 pm. Still limited after 5 in my opinion. No refillable mugs. We didn't eat at the Bayliner one time. My husband said he felt bad for families that didn't have a car available to go eat somewhere. The food court was literally empty until Thursday night.

BUSSES:
Perfect! There were times that we were the only ones on the bus. We never waited once. A bus was ALWAYS available and ready to go. They also have staff at the bus stop to check temps and give out wristbands.

Overall, we loved how close we were to Volcano Bay. It's the best waterpark that we have ever visited (and we've been to a lot of waterparks!). Food was amazing too. Pulled pork sandwich was so good! We're going back next month and we're staying at Sapphire Falls. We decided to take the boat back from Universal one day to SF and were blown away over how beautiful it was.

I wanted to report back on our stay. We went the week of the 29th. Stayed in the Continental Bldg, 6th floor in an interior family suite, very close to the lobby. Room 4610. It overlooked the sandy beach chair area before you get to the pool. Upon check in, they let you know that you can text for anything that you need. Loved the temp checks in the lobby and also by the bus stop. Lots of hand sanitizer everywhere and the hotel was very clean.

ROOM:
Overall, the room was clean. Fabric on the sofa and chairs were pretty worn and dingy. We pulled out the sofa bed and the sheet had crumbs all over it. Looked like it wasn't changed from previous guests. We texted the front desk for new sheets and also had to ask for pillows and blanket since there was not one in the closet for the sofa bed. They brought it up within 5 minutes. Text feature was awesome. Fridge was pretty large and we liked having the kitchenette area.

You can hear EVERYTHING. We sleep with a white noise machine and still woke up at 7:30 am (on the dot!) every single morning to groundskeepers using backpack blowers. They use them for a good hour. We heard the adjoining rooms using their microwave, hairdryer and yelling at their kids. We had to text the front desk on Thurs. night at midnight because they were letting their kids run the halls. It's definitely quieter during the week and the crowds start coming on Thursday afternoon. You could tell just by looking at the pool from our window. Way more people on the weekends.

The maids did not wear masks, which surprised me. When we were there, they left the carts outs and guests pretty much grabbed what they needed. I'm not sure if this was done on purpose. The text messaging worked so well and you are able to just text when you checkout. It was so convenient.

POOL:
We thought we would LOVE the pool and were a little disappointed. The lazy river was pretty dirty with leaves and visible dirt at the bottom. We bought our own round rafts at Walmart and my mom bought a hammock style one. They had no issues blowing them up for us, which was really nice. The Cabana Bay floats ranged in price from around $7-$20. The pool float kiosk closed pretty early. We also noticed a lot of guests left their garbage around their chairs which was pretty sad. DO NOT leave your food for a second! There are a ton of crows that fly around and will steal food in a heartbeat. The slide and main pool were only open on the weekends.

TIP- Store and stack your floats in your window and close the curtains at night. We saw a few other rooms doing this and it worked great!

FOOD:
VERY limited menu before 5 pm. Still limited after 5 in my opinion. No refillable mugs. We didn't eat at the Bayliner one time. My husband said he felt bad for families that didn't have a car available to go eat somewhere. The food court was literally empty until Thursday night.

BUSSES:
Perfect! There were times that we were the only ones on the bus. We never waited once. A bus was ALWAYS available and ready to go. They also have staff at the bus stop to check temps and give out wristbands.

Overall, we loved how close we were to Volcano Bay. It's the best waterpark that we have ever visited (and we've been to a lot of waterparks!). Food was amazing too. Pulled pork sandwich was so good! We're going back next month and we're staying at Sapphire Falls. We decided to take the boat back from Universal one day to SF and were blown away over how beautiful it was.

Thanks for the awesome review!!!

Sapphire is a beautiful resort, we’ve only stayed there once but we do love the place!!

Hope you have a great stay at Sapphire also!

ROOM:

POOL:

FOOD:

BUSSES:

Nice review ricosuave. I`ve seen similar reviews on other sites too saying the same as to what you have reported here.

What a shame folks felt the need to leave garbage and food lying around.......you have to wonder about them.

But, so glad to hear you had a lovely trip. I`ve never been to a waterpark in my life, but Volcano Bay does tempt us to visit at some point....even if just for the pulled pork sandwich ::yes::

You`ll love Sapphire Falls when you stay there I`m sure. It is so beautiful and we always enjoy our stays there.....make sure you visit Strong Water Bar......best bar in the whole of Universal Orlando......drinks and food are exceptional.

Thanks for the review.....it`s always lovely when folks come back and tell us how their trip was......:wave2:

Nice review ricosuave. I`ve seen similar reviews on other sites too saying the same as to what you have reported here.

What a shame folks felt the need to leave garbage and food lying around.......you have to wonder about them.

But, so glad to hear you had a lovely trip. I`ve never been to a waterpark in my life, but Volcano Bay does tempt us to visit at some point....even if just for the pulled pork sandwich ::yes::

You`ll love Sapphire Falls when you stay there I`m sure. It is so beautiful and we always enjoy our stays there.....make sure you visit Strong Water Bar......best bar in the whole of Universal Orlando......drinks and food are exceptional.

Thanks for the review.....it`s always lovely when folks come back and tell us how their trip was......:wave2:
Actually your review last year helped with the decision! You had awesome pics and lots of info!

Actually your review last year helped with the decision! You had awesome pics and lots of info!

Awww that is so lovely to hear!! Thank you for saying that.

I`m sure you won`t regret your choice.......please let us know how that trip goes too, we always wish more folks would come back and let us know how the trip went :wave2:

Decided to go for the 4th of July weekend to mainly hang out/party in our room, perhaps spend some time at the pool, but that got diminished significantly due to the amount of people who were in the pool and pool area.

It seems when it comes to the pool area there are no rules other than regular pool rules. It would be one thing if people knew what personal space was, but no one did, so we didn't stay long in the one time we went to the pool. One of many things that made me uncomfortable (cause I don't want this post as long as it already might be) is that a boy was literally right behind my friend's raft his face basically touching the raft. I pulled it away, only to discover he kept coming along which implied he either kept moving with it, or was holding onto it another way I was unsure of. Probably about 10. After about 10-20 seconds of me pulling and me staring into his soul I think he got the message so he left go. Was that couple near by his parents? I don't know. Either way, 1) you're creepy 2) you're on top of us and have no mask 3) why isn't your parents watching you and saying anything and if those aren't your parents, once again, why aren't your parents watching you and saying anything? Also note, it is not a requirement in the pool area (whether in the pool / beach) to wear a mask and I believe it is the only place that it is not required.

They have sanitizer just about everywhere, especially outside of the elevators. We heard that they frequently clean them as well. As for cleaning the rooms, I didn't see maids without masks on, even when they brought us stuff they had them on, also, they wait 24-48 hrs prior to cleaning a room. So, not only they are thorough in cleaning, but you definitely won't be staying in a room that was occupied the previous night. They are also diligent about keeping it that way, because when we went to our first room we requested to get a higher level room (as we requested a higher level room and gave us 2nd floor, pool view, which ended up being a tree view). We also still managed to get a new room by 12pm (we requested early check-in and did come quite early prior to this). While at the desk, the person helping us called to make sure to let them know it was no longer clean. I felt bad, but even though we didn't do, or stay in the room, it still had to be flagged I suppose. At least they want to be safe and certain for future guests.

They have people in two separate areas to temperature check. So not that many entrances and exits. However, you can still go under the radar and not get checked. I won't get into details on how that can happen as I don't want people to test that, or anything, doubt it anyone will, but just in case I won't give ideas. As I found a flaw about certain things when I got there. However, all in all, very diligent in cleaning and social distancing marks. In the eating area they had someone to assist with doing drinks and handing out condiments which was good.

Just a general warning for people going period (whether during this pandemic, or not) that the pool closes for ridiculously long if there is a storm. We noticed that it will barely storm and seems to close for hours. I know it's if they detect lightening within 15 miles they close, but it seemed ridiculous sometimes how long the pool would be closed to the guests from what we've seen in our room. So just a warning to those who enjoy the resorts for pool time!

@only hope I do not recall seeing one, but someone else can verify if they recall either. I only definitely know the family rooms have microwaves.

Decided to go for the 4th of July weekend to mainly hang out/party in our room, perhaps spend some time at the pool, but that got diminished significantly due to the amount of people who were in the pool and pool area.

It seems when it comes to the pool area there are no rules other than regular pool rules. It would be one thing if people knew what personal space was, but no one did, so we didn't stay long in the one time we went to the pool. One of many things that made me uncomfortable (cause I don't want this post as long as it already might be) is that a boy was literally right behind my friend's raft his face basically touching the raft. I pulled it away, only to discover he kept coming along which implied he either kept moving with it, or was holding onto it another way I was unsure of. Probably about 10. After about 10-20 seconds of me pulling and me staring into his soul I think he got the message so he left go. Was that couple near by his parents? I don't know. Either way, 1) you're creepy 2) you're on top of us and have no mask 3) why isn't your parents watching you and saying anything and if those aren't your parents, once again, why aren't your parents watching you and saying anything? Also note, it is not a requirement in the pool area (whether in the pool / beach) to wear a mask and I believe it is the only place that it is not required.

They have sanitizer just about everywhere, especially outside of the elevators. We heard that they frequently clean them as well. As for cleaning the rooms, I didn't see maids without masks on, even when they brought us stuff they had them on, also, they wait 24-48 hrs prior to cleaning a room. So, not only they are thorough in cleaning, but you definitely won't be staying in a room that was occupied the previous night. They are also diligent about keeping it that way, because when we went to our first room we requested to get a higher level room (as we requested a higher level room and gave us 2nd floor, pool view, which ended up being a tree view). We also still managed to get a new room by 12pm (we requested early check-in and did come quite early prior to this). While at the desk, the person helping us called to make sure to let them know it was no longer clean. I felt bad, but even though we didn't do, or stay in the room, it still had to be flagged I suppose. At least they want to be safe and certain for future guests.

They have people in two separate areas to temperature check. So not that many entrances and exits. However, you can still go under the radar and not get checked. I won't get into details on how that can happen as I don't want people to test that, or anything, doubt it anyone will, but just in case I won't give ideas. As I found a flaw about certain things when I got there. However, all in all, very diligent in cleaning and social distancing marks. In the eating area they had someone to assist with doing drinks and handing out condiments which was good.

Just a general warning for people going period (whether during this pandemic, or not) that the pool closes for ridiculously long if there is a storm. We noticed that it will barely storm and seems to close for hours. I know it's if they detect lightening within 15 miles they close, but it seemed ridiculous sometimes how long the pool would be closed to the guests from what we've seen in our room. So just a warning to those who enjoy the resorts for pool time!

@only hope I do not recall seeing one, but someone else can verify if they recall either. I only definitely know the family rooms have microwaves.

I think the rule is 30 minutes without lightning within 15 miles.

Thanks for posting and look forward to seeing your pics!

I have a weather station and you'd be surprised how much lightning a small storm can generate. I've seen storms that seem to produce non-stop lightning for hours in the same area.

Florida is full of storms, year round. So it is always a gamble.

What’s weird though is times of year you expect excessive storm’s you pack your ponchos and they end up collecting dust. Then when you think you’re all clear and shorts and t shirts will be good you need a parka suitable for an Alaskan adventure.

I live in the Midwest and am accustomed to varying weather, Florida is in it’s on world though.

Funny we will be calling it home in the future..... :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!