CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

So I looked at our reservation and this is what it is telling me regarding the room:

Does this mean we will be on the 7th floor? Or, do they assign the rooms as you get there?

I do not know how the assignment works. As when I arrived early they said I was lucky and got the only available room when I arrived (which I doubt that happened to be THE only one). What I can say to better understand how to the building / room numbers work is that it's four numbers. First number represents what building you're in, second number is the floor, then combined with the second number along with the last two is the full room number (but the front desk will describe it as just the last two being "the room number").

I'd say it was one of the towers, but the towers has more than 7 floors, but the two buildings have 7 floors on the "south" side which is what they might be describing. What kind of room did you book?

Last edited:
I do not know how the assignment works. As when I arrived early they said I was lucky and got the only available room when I arrived (which I doubt that happened to be THE only one). What I can say to better understand how to the building / room numbers work is that it's four numbers. First number represents what building you're in, second number is the floor, then combined with the second number along with the last two is the full room number (but the front desk will describe it as just the last two being "the room number").

I'd say it was one of the towers, but the towers has more than 7 floors, but the two buildings have 7 floors on the "south" side which is what they might be describing. What kind of room did you book?
A standard room

A standard room

You'll more than likely be in the Americana, or Continental, as those buildings have 7 floors and in the direction of south. If it's a standard room, with a standard view you'll be looking at the parking lot.

As promised a trip report.

We arrived a little after 8 in the morning. It was quiet and check in was a breeze since no one is in line obviously that early. Received a coupon for free cake, pastry, or ICEE due to it being my birthday. She said I clearly had “birthday magic” since I got the only available room. So, we were able to get in our room immediately. Which I questioned whether this was “Magic”, or done purposely since we happened to get this view:

View attachment 450144

You may have early check out (see processes below, or once 11 hits, it’s “automatic check out” which means you do not have to visit the lobby to check out, or speak to anyone)

View attachment 450143

I suggest for those that want early check in to arrive as early as possible. As when we went to the lobby to discuss future plans on staying it had a lot of people waiting around for rooms already and it was around 11 (official check in is technically 4PM).

Another thing to randomly add is that I noticed they had a lot more smoking areas than they advertise on the map. I wanted to add that for anyone may be interested to know if they were ever worried about lack of smoking areas.

Bus service was flawless. Only waited for a bus once. All other times we never waited. The one time we waited, we waited for a minute. However, at the front desk, they inform you it’s a 10-15 minute wait for busses.

Parking is charged by how many nights you stay. We went for one night and it was $19. She said we didn’t have to leave by a certain time the next day to be charged again. She informed us we could “stay until midnight” if we wanted to.

For the big rafts it was $11, it was $8 I believe my friend said for the slightly smaller rafts for the lazy river. We noticed first thing in the morning they would throw a few empty ones in there. We never went for it, but we were wondering if those were first come, first serve, and then from there the rest of the guests would have to purchase theirs. However, it was only a few rafts.

It was one of my absolute best resort experiences. I love the theming, everything was clean, staff was nice, it was relaxing, and it was an amazing view. I truly felt as if I went back in time. I always been fascinated by the era of the 50’s. My friend who came with me thought it was amazing and wants to go for her birthday.

I have a lot of photos, but wanted to show some of the basics and wanted to edit a few photos together so I didn’t flood the page too much. I hope this helps.
Awesome report!!! Thank you!!! But i’’m starting to considering not staying there 😔😔😔 charges for parking... charges for the floats on lazy river... 😔😔😔
Cbr got my attention because I really wanted a resort with lazy river... all others around Orlando are more expensive... I’m starting to thinking that maybe it will be better to get a cheaper hotel and buy ticket to a water park than staying in a lazy river resort.
We’re planning to go next may. Family of thre: my husband, myself and our daughter that will be 2y4m by then. We are not going to any universal studios park.

Awesome report!!! Thank you!!! But i’’m starting to considering not staying there 😔😔😔 charges for parking... charges for the floats on lazy river... 😔😔😔
Cbr got my attention because I really wanted a resort with lazy river... all others around Orlando are more expensive... I’m starting to thinking that maybe it will be better to get a cheaper hotel and buy ticket to a water park than staying in a lazy river resort.
We’re planning to go next may. Family of thre: my husband, myself and our daughter that will be 2y4m by then. We are not going to any universal studios park.

Yeah. Depending on what time of the year it is it can be quite a good deal to stay here. However, regardless compared to other “on-site” hotels it’s a steal. Also, you don’t have to use a float and if you want to, so I would imagine you can bring your own as well. Also, like I said they throw a few in the early am when they first open (typically people are not bursting to go in). Just be aware, if you plan on staying at another resort outside of Orlando just be aware of how safe the location is, if it has parking fees too, “resort” fees, ect.

Hum... as the latest e messages I’m really considering NOT staying at cabana bay...

thank you all!!!! 😊😊😊

Hello! In reading the thread I see the Christmas decorations up at CBBR. Is there holiday entertainment as well? If so has someone taken a photo of the schedule for the resort? We are going down in a couple weeks and would like to plan. Please share if possible. Thanks!

Does anyone know if they sell milk in the gift shop (like at Disney), a half gallon size? What about soy milk?

We had a great stay at Cabana Bay 12/13-16 and Ubered over to POP century on the 16-20. We were in a top floor family suite and while it was a bit tight for 6, we made do. We were barely in the room. It would be perfect if they had a curtain or slider door over the main sink area, to allow early risers to get ready without disturbing the sleepers. I would definitely recommend for a larger group looking for a great value. This was our budget trip since last time we got multiple rooms and stayed at RPR for the express pass. We thought we would miss the passes but we were fine and got on everything multiple times.

We stayed at CB for the first time last week and overall, we liked it. It was a quick, one-night, stay before moving to RP the next morning.

We found check in to be confusing. We drove and it was raining pretty hard, so we wanted to pull into the porte cochere. The signage led us to a small parking lot that was some distance from the lobby.

I tried turning around and ended up going the wrong way down a one-way street. An attendant came out and stopped us and told us we had to go to the lot, not the porte cochere. So I had to run through the rain from the lot to the lobby to check in.

We were in building 6, I think, and we also found that confusing to find. We didn't see any signs that had the number on it. We found another building that had a small number on it. After making a big loop, we tried again. This time, we took the road that went under the towers - it looked like an 'employees only' road, but there was no sign, so we decided to try it.

We found a sign that had the name of the building, but not the number. After referencing the map, we realized we were in the right place.

My wife and I had a standard room and our 3 daughters and 1 friend were in a suite. I never saw their room, but they loved the setup.

If you want to stay in a particular building, is it better to contact the hotel ahead of time to make the request, or ask the day of? It's not a make or break for me, but I'd rather stay in one of the main buildings closer to the lobby.

If you want to stay in a particular building, is it better to contact the hotel ahead of time to make the request, or ask the day of? It's not a make or break for me, but I'd rather stay in one of the main buildings closer to the lobby.

I would contact the hotel ahead of time of the request, but you should definitely remind them of the request when you show up. When you make the request they are going to state they cannot guaranteed your request. However, in order to better make sure to get your request select the best room that would be appropriate for your request (for example, do not book a "standard room", then ask for a pool view, there is "pool view standard" room type for that), as well as get there very early. If you arrive early and let them know of your requests you'll be most likely to receive those requests if you're one of the first to arrive while making that request. While it may not come immediately, if you let it be known you're willing to wait for it I would imagine they would accommodate your request.

The earlier the better. As the only request I had was to have early check in and was able to receive my room instantly. I arrived at 8am. The next day when we left around 11 we noticed abundance of people waiting around with luggage waiting to get a room. That's only a few hours of difference so depending on the request, earlier the better.

I wouldn't wait till the day of check in.

Contact them either by email or call the hotel as soon as you book. Then around a week before your trip I`d contact them again. Rooms are allocated around 5 days out.

I wouldn't wait till the day of check in.

Contact them either by email or call the hotel as soon as you book. Then around a week before your trip I`d contact them again. Rooms are allocated around 5 days out.
Perfect, thank you!

We stayed at CB for the first time last week and overall, we liked it. It was a quick, one-night, stay before moving to RP the next morning.

We found check in to be confusing. We drove and it was raining pretty hard, so we wanted to pull into the porte cochere. The signage led us to a small parking lot that was some distance from the lobby.

I tried turning around and ended up going the wrong way down a one-way street. An attendant came out and stopped us and told us we had to go to the lot, not the porte cochere. So I had to run through the rain from the lot to the lobby to check in.

We were in building 6, I think, and we also found that confusing to find. We didn't see any signs that had the number on it. We found another building that had a small number on it. After making a big loop, we tried again. This time, we took the road that went under the towers - it looked like an 'employees only' road, but there was no sign, so we decided to try it.

We found a sign that had the name of the building, but not the number. After referencing the map, we realized we were in the right place.

My wife and I had a standard room and our 3 daughters and 1 friend were in a suite. I never saw their room, but they loved the setup.
How did CB compare to RP?

How did CB compare to RP?
I tend to be in the ‘a hotel room is a hotel room’ camp. I don’t really care about the theming, we don’t go to the pools, and we’ve only eaten at a Universal hotel once.

RP wins, for us, because of the benefits - easier access to the parks (we take the boat) and Express Pass. We usually have to go at busy times, so we want EP.

CB was fine. The room was clean and quiet. And the price was great (especially with an AP discount).

For Standard Pool View Room, where would you request to be if you want to be close to main building, dining, etc.?

I'm curious...does CB have a food court,or just the diner table option? Also,is there a communal microwave that guests can use in the food area somewhere?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!