CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Stayed at CBBR 8/14-8/19
Beachside 7th Floor Volcano Bay View.
Cute Resort, Great view of Volcano Bay
Closet was a bit smaller than I'm used to couldn't fit all luggage inside but those are first world problems!
Walk to Volcano Bay was awesome. Walk back from buses at night a bit long but hay we made it each night.

Attachments

• P8140005.JPG
    P8140005.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 49
  • P8140006.JPG
    P8140006.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 48
  • P8140007.JPG
    P8140007.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 49
  • P8140008.JPG
    P8140008.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 49
  • P8140020.JPG
    P8140020.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 49
  • P8140002.JPG
    P8140002.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 48
  • P8140003.JPG
    P8140003.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 44
  • P8140021.JPG
    P8140021.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 42
Just got back in at Cabana Bay, here’s the latest update they’ve given us for Dorian.
ETA: sorry guys, I don’t know how to rotate it. I’m still new at this 😂

Attachments

• E594B675-D05E-4939-B9B1-9CA9DCCB9A4C.jpeg
    E594B675-D05E-4939-B9B1-9CA9DCCB9A4C.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 35
Thanks. We are here and haven't seen that. This morning we asked for towels and extra toilet paper in case housekeeping couldn't come around tomorrow.

The mini refrigerator is dorm sized but you can fit a lot in it. I was able to fit a whole container of almond milk. There isn’t a freezer section.

how did you do space that many times? were they letting you get back on without having to walk out of the building and back in?
The mini refrigerator is dorm sized but you can fit a lot in it. I was able to fit a whole container of almond milk. There isn’t a freezer section.
Thanks so much! Another question. Will the sofabed fit two older teen boys, really adult sized? If not, can an air mattress fit with the bed out?

Thanks so much! Another question. Will the sofabed fit two older teen boys, really adult sized? If not, can an air mattress fit with the bed out?
I’m not really going to be much help since my son is 6”7 we never used the sofa bed. We just ask for connecting suites. My friend put one of her smaller kids on it. She told me once it was open there was no getting around the sitting space.

Hey y'all!! First timer at CB.. I turn the big 50 in October.. told the family I wanted to go to HHN for my b'day (first time for HHN as well). Long story short....it's turned into long weekend which mean annual passes.. Yay! So excited!!!

anyways... standard room is what we booked. Are these scattered all over the property? Any suggestions to request, knowing that it's not guaranteed.. and on check in day, we'll be getting in around midnight....I'm just hoping we don't get the last room down the farthest hallway.

Thanks!!

Just wondering how "safe" you feel on site there, City Walk and the Parks? I am a female and travel alone for part of my trips. At Disney (mainly POP and other values), I never felt unsafe, even at night walking to my room alone. I wouldn't be at City Walk late at night, but just wonder how others have felt there alone during the day or early evenings? I have booked CB and am skipping Mickey this trip, so it is all very new to me. (and a LOT cheaper I am finding!)

Last edited:
Just wondering how "safe" you feel on site there, City Walk and the Parks? I am a female and travel alone for part of my trips. At Disney (mainly POP and other values), I never felt unsafe, even at night walking to my room alone. I wouldn't be at City Walk late at night, but just wonder how others have felt there alone during the day or early evenings? I have booked CB and am skipping Mickey this trip, so it is all very new to me. (and a LOT cheaper I am finding!)
I'm mid-50's, travel solo there frequently. I have never felt unsafe there just like at Disney. The standard rooms all have inside corridors. There are always lots of other people around at the parks and citywalk. I have walked back to CB from the parks rather than taking the bus at night; the walkway goes along the road so maybe avoid that if you are nervous. Buses run frequently from CB to citywalk.

I'm mid-50's, travel solo there frequently. I have never felt unsafe there just like at Disney. The standard rooms all have inside corridors. There are always lots of other people around at the parks and citywalk. I have walked back to CB from the parks rather than taking the bus at night; the walkway goes along the road so maybe avoid that if you are nervous. Buses run frequently from CB to citywalk.

Thank you! Also in my 50's and always felt fine in Disney and even taking Lyft cars to the outlet mall, just wasn't sure about that part of Orlando. I have a standard room booked, so an inside corridor works!

I have not read all of the posts, but am working on it. ( a mixture of the first ones and most recent right now) It looks like there are no longer buses to other resorts. How would I get from Cabana Bay to Royal Pacific? I have 1 night booked to get the express pass, so I will have a suitcase to move. (on wheels)

How would I get from Cabana Bay to Royal Pacific?

1. You can walk. It isn't terribly far.
2. You can take the bus to City Walk, go through security and take the boat to RP (probably a big pain!)
3. You can take an Uber/Lyft.

We are spending one night at Hard Rock before moving to Cabana Bay and we are going with choice #3.

There is an interior walkway from Sapphire Falls to Royal Pacific but sandam 1 is right that taking an Uber is easier.

Any refurbishments to the rooms planned soon? We stayed in March and had a good time, but the family suite was worn and had some carpet peeling, etc.

The refillable mugs at CB... do they work for coffee and hot chocolate? Does anyone know the current 2019 price?

How about a current price for tubes for lazy river? Is that a buy or rent price?

The refillable mugs at CB... do they work for coffee and hot chocolate? Does anyone know the current 2019 price?

How about a current price for tubes for lazy river? Is that a buy or rent price?

The mugs do indeed work for hot chocolate and coffee. Cost I believe is $17 for length of stay, then slides downwards to I think $13 for 3 days and $10 for one day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts