CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Guest parking might be $15
Cheaper for registered guests if they have their own car

Car service at $125?
There are cheaper companies that charge $100 rt
Homies post anywhere from 10-20% for transportation service
Many pay at each leg of the ride

Use a taxi for about $5 they will transfer your luggage to the other hotel

Or call the deluxe hotel front desk and ask if they will send a free black sedan to move your luggage for you

Try for the free....
It should work

I stay at rpr

I tip valet $5 for bringing my suitcase and case of water to my room

It varies per person on what they tip

I have friends that tip $1-2 per bag or anything valet handles

Will reread your question as I forgot what else you posted

All the hotels allow EE

When it comes time to check in to rpr, do it early morning and your stuff can be stored in valet at rpr

Your room won't be ready at 7 in the morning but your belongings will be safe with valet

Have your ep photo card made so after you do EE , you will be able to use your express pass in the park

Free ep is only valid at the 3 deluxe hotels
Good enough reason to check in at rpr that 3rd morning

If you would have started your stay at rpr then moved to Cbay on day 3, you would have 3 full days of unlimited ep

Oh jeez....of course I should do that...what am I thinking. The whole reason we are switching to Royal Pacific is the EP....LOL. Thank you for pointing that out..LOL!
Thank you all for the other advice too :-)

So anyone think there is a possibility of trading in my printed at home, paper Universal Tickets (from Undercover Tourist) for the regular credit card sized tickets at the ticket window at Cabana Bay?

Would you happen to know if the family suite at Cabana Bay feels as large as the room at Portofino or the other deluxe resorts? Is there as much room for a party of 5?

Because of the kitchenette area in the CB family suite, yes, it is bigger and feels bigger. There is also a folding wall to close off the living room/kitchen. My daughter slept on the fold-out couch in what was essentially her own room. The bathroom has separate areas with a doored off toilet, a doored off shower and an open sink area.

I recall looking at all the room layouts and square footages on the uni and/or loews websites. It is all there if you click on the right buttons.

If you would have started your stay at rpr then moved to Cbay on day 3, you would have 3 full days of unlimited ep

Arriving late tonight so picked cabana bay due to that. Will check into rpr Friday so I figure we have Fri/Sat/Sun to use express pass. We don't have to leave for airport until 8 pm. Tomorrow we will take advantage of early entry and get a good feel for everything. Excited :-))

I know this isn't the best board but do any of you use a universal app? And if so, best one?

Thanks!!

Arriving late tonight so picked cabana bay due to that. Will check into rpr Friday so I figure we have Fri/Sat/Sun to use express pass. We don't have to leave for airport until 8 pm. Tomorrow we will take advantage of early entry and get a good feel for everything. Excited :-))

I know this isn't the best board but do any of you use a universal app? And if so, best one?

Thanks!!
Just search the App Store for universal Orlando. Should come up as first choice.
A2691DB4-1471-4E63-86A4-8E2A2296E852_zpszawwc1ry.png

Thanks!!

Let us know your thoughts on Cabana Bay! We are considering staying there in June :)
Also the universal app is great! It gives you attraction wait times and a lot of other info.

Just search the App Store for universal Orlando. Should come up as first choice.
A2691DB4-1471-4E63-86A4-8E2A2296E852_zpszawwc1ry.png

Yes, this one definitely! Wait times are accurate and it allows you to book your Jimmy Fallon ride time as well.

We'll be staying at Cabana Bay again in May. I'm thinking of getting giving the kids a coupon in their Easter baskets good for a Sonic Fill Mug. Despite having been there several times, we've never purchased them. Are they only refillable in the food court area ? I can't remember seeing any other locations to fill them, but I wasn't looking either.

I found the answer to my question above. Looks like you can fill them at the food court and Galaxy Bowl as well.

Now I'm just posting because I just booked and paid for our CBBR family suite for May and I am so darn excited. :sunny::cool1::banana:
A heads up to anyone who may be looking to book. Try looking at Undercovertourist as well. It ended up being $120 cheaper to book through their website than the lowest rate I found anywhere (which was the SMSM rate on the Universal website.) The AP rate and all other 3rd party sellers were higher. So UT was the winner and saved us enough for dinner at Toothsome:thumbsup2.

I found the answer to my question above. Looks like you can fill them at the food court and Galaxy Bowl as well.

Now I'm just posting because I just booked and paid for our CBBR family suite for May and I am so darn excited. :sunny::cool1::banana:
A heads up to anyone who may be looking to book. Try looking at Undercovertourist as well. It ended up being $120 cheaper to book through their website than the lowest rate I found anywhere (which was the SMSM rate on the Universal website.) The AP rate and all other 3rd party sellers were higher. So UT was the winner and saved us enough for dinner at Toothsome:thumbsup2.

Just curious. What was the rate you got? Was it for a tower or courtyard suite? Pool side or no? Looking to book also but always have been leary of 3rd party sites.

Last edited:
That's a great price! We are going first week of June and the prices seemed to go up a lot after May. I looked and booking through undercover tourist would also save us about $120 too. Have you booked through undercover tourist before? Do you think they are a reliable site?

That's a great price! We are going first week of June and the prices seemed to go up a lot after May. I looked and booking through undercover tourist would also save us about $120 too. Have you booked through undercover tourist before? Do you think they are a reliable site?
Yes I have used them before. They have only very recently begun offering hotel bookings. But I have been using them for tickets for years and years. They are always prompt and courteous and have excellent customer service. I learned about them on these boards and many posters use them. I really have no hesitation recommending their site. I suspect that because they are new to offering hotels that their rates are a bit better right now to get people to use them.. or maybe they have a special discount with some of the onsite hotels. I think you can use them with confidence. :)

Called the resort today before booking my stay to ask about the location of the Pool/Volcano side room category. They said booking that category does not guarantee you will be in one of the new towers. They said they will have rooms in the Americana building that will be labeled Pool/Volcano side also. I'm assuming that it would be the rooms at the very end of the building closer to the water park. This room/view category will just be for standard size rooms. There will be no family suites in this category. They said the only way to guarantee getting in one of the new towers would be to book one of the new 2 bedroom suites. Thought this info may help those looking to book :)

We are driving and plan to have some groceries with us. Are you allowed to bring your own drinks down to the pool? Obviously not glass bottles but could I bring a water bottle or coffee mug? We don't drink soda so the refill cups are a waste for us as most of the Coke freestyles don't have what we enjoy drinking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts