CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

I just booked a 7 night stay at CBBR for Sept 10th - 17th and I am very excited. I have been a WDW junkie for several years and have never done a UO vacation. (I plan on going to MK for MNSSHP one night.. to get my WDW fix for the year! :) ) However, I have a couple of questions.

1. I upgraded to a volcano view room, so I assume that I will be in the tower?
2. How late is the pool open? Since the parks close early, I'll probably want to spend some time in the lazy river at night.
3. Is there a hot tub?

Thanks in advance.. I may have more questions later as I have just begun my research for my trip. The one thing I really like, so far, is that I don't have to plan everything down to the minute.

Chuckers - Your trip sounds like what I did last fall - MNSSHP one night and UO the rest of the time. It was FABULOUS!

My best answers to your questions:

1. Knowing the layout of CB, I would imagine that the volcano views will actually be in the two new towers currently being built. I can't see how they would classify any of the current tower rooms as "volcano view." Keep in mind, however, that these towers will be the furthest from the main part of the hotel (food court, bus stop). Some people complain about the walk, but we've been waaay at the end of the current towers and it's never been a serious problem.

2. I believe the pools are open until 10-11 p.m. We had enough time to close out the parks, get a sit-down dinner and still get in some pool time.

3. Yes, there is a hot tub on the tower side. I believe that there is also one on the courtyard pool side, but despite four stays at CB, I've never actually been in the courtyard pool. I just LOVE me a lazy river.

Chuckers - Your trip sounds like what I did last fall - MNSSHP one night and UO the rest of the time. It was FABULOUS!

1. Knowing the layout of CB, I would imagine that the volcano views will actually be in the two new towers currently being built. I can't see how they would classify any of the current tower rooms as "volcano view." Keep in mind, however, that these towers will be the furthest from the main part of the hotel (food court, bus stop). Some people complain about the walk, but we've been waaay at the end of the current towers and it's never been a serious problem.

2. I believe the pools are open until 10-11 p.m. We had enough time to close out the parks, get a sit-down dinner and still get in some pool time.

3. Yes, there is a hot tub on the tower side. I believe that there is also one on the courtyard pool side, but despite four stays at CB, I've never actually been in the courtyard pool. I just LOVE me a lazy river.
Hi! I booked one of the new volcano bay view 2 bedroom suites for May. It's our first stay at Cabana Bay. I was wondering if the new buildings were close to the walking path to City Walk? We would most likely walk instead of the bus.

There are 2 new towers (where the 2-bedroom suites are), one at each end of the existing towers. Depending on which tower you wind up in, you might be near the walking path.

However, I've used the buses to/from CB a lot and can't see any reason to walk. The buses are usually quite efficient. Or cross the street to Sapphire Falls and take the boat (which drops you off right near the park entrances). I did a pedicab ride from City Walk mostly to CB one time when there was a problem with the buses at park close (this was pre-Sapphire Falls opening and we were going to walk, but splurged on pedicab instead) and it strikes as quite a hike from CB to the parks. Do-able, but not my idea of fun with all the walking that you do in the parks themselves. But that's just my 2 cents.

There are 2 new towers (where the 2-bedroom suites are), one at each end of the existing towers. Depending on which tower you wind up in, you might be near the walking path.

However, I've used the buses to/from CB a lot and can't see any reason to walk. The buses are usually quite efficient. Or cross the street to Sapphire Falls and take the boat (which drops you off right near the park entrances). I did a pedicab ride from City Walk mostly to CB one time when there was a problem with the buses at park close (this was pre-Sapphire Falls opening and we were going to walk, but splurged on pedicab instead) and it strikes as quite a hike from CB to the parks. Do-able, but not my idea of fun with all the walking that you do in the parks themselves. But that's just my 2 cents.
Thanks! If the buses are more efficient , then we will give them a try.

Anybody know if Nickelodeon (more specifically Nick Jr) is avail on the TV at CBBR? Traveling with our son who has Autism and its his favorite channel. Not a huge deal if not but it would be a huge plus for evenings if it was there! Thanks!

Thank you so much for your answers!

I don't mind the walking.. I can use the exercise :) I'm glad there are hot tubs. That's my main gripe about Disney Values.. no hot tub.. (oh, and bad mattresses). I love lazy rivers.. when I go to water parks, it's probably where I sepnd the most of my time.

If they're still building two new towers, I wonder if they'll be done in time. Do you know when the two new towers are supposed to open?

Lazy question since I can't use the phone right now to call the hotel: Does anyone know if they happen to have fans you can borrow for your stay? My niece is freaking out about not being able to sleep without a fan running and not having enough room to pack hers. However, she has an anxiety disorder and can't stop focusing on it.

Lazy question since I can't use the phone right now to call the hotel: Does anyone know if they happen to have fans you can borrow for your stay? My niece is freaking out about not being able to sleep without a fan running and not having enough room to pack hers. However, she has an anxiety disorder and can't stop focusing on it.

I have read about people ordering one from Orlando Grocery Express to be delivered at the hotel. If the hotel doesn't have one, you can always order one from there.

I got ticket window pick-up for my AP's and have booked CBBR on an APH rate. I can pick the tickets up at the Ticket Center onsite there right, even before I officially check-in? My thoughts are to go in and head for the ticket center first and the check-in desk second. Or would I have to go to the ticket window at the parks to pick them up?

I got ticket window pick-up for my AP's and have booked CBBR on an APH rate. I can pick the tickets up at the Ticket Center onsite there right, even before I officially check-in? My thoughts are to go in and head for the ticket center first and the check-in desk second. Or would I have to go to the ticket window at the parks to pick them up?

You should be able to get them at the ticket counter at the hotel.

Are there plates or plastic ware included in the suites or do I need to bring my own?

Anybody know if Nickelodeon (more specifically Nick Jr) is avail on the TV at CBBR? Traveling with our son who has Autism and its his favorite channel. Not a huge deal if not but it would be a huge plus for evenings if it was there! Thanks!
Nickelodeon is there for sure, I know there are other kids channels, just not sure if it is Nick jr. or Sprout. The tv did have more than the average amount of kids channels so it's probably there. It wasn't like Disney where they only had Disney kid channels, they have a variety of everything. If you have a tablet you could download a few of the shows he likes and cast them to the tv. We did that with a iPad and it worked with no issues. Good luck and have fun.

Are there plates or plastic ware included in the suites or do I need to bring my own?
There will be a stack of plastic plates, bowls and some plastic cutlery. Housekeeping replaced them when it got low. There was no cloth/sponge for the sink or any dish soap. I thought there was from the first time we stayed there, but maybe I misremembered. I did ask our housekeeping lady but she didn't really understand what I was asking. I just wanted it to wash out our mugs so ended up using shampoo and face cloths. :confused3

There will be a stack of plastic plates, bowls and some plastic cutlery. Housekeeping replaced them when it got low. There was no cloth/sponge for the sink or any dish soap. I thought there was from the first time we stayed there, but maybe I misremembered. I did ask our housekeeping lady but she didn't really understand what I was asking. I just wanted it to wash out our mugs so ended up using shampoo and face cloths. :confused3

Thank you! I'll remember to bring some washing stuff with me.

Nickelodeon is there for sure, I know there are other kids channels, just not sure if it is Nick jr. or Sprout. The tv did have more than the average amount of kids channels so it's probably there. It wasn't like Disney where they only had Disney kid channels, they have a variety of everything. If you have a tablet you could download a few of the shows he likes and cast them to the tv. We did that with a iPad and it worked with no issues. Good luck and have fun.
Great, thank you! I'm sure he'll be super happy about having Nick. I'm going to work on the casting idea, that might be a great option!

Yes they have Nick (aka The Sponge Bob channel). My kids watched a ton before falling asleep each night we were there.

The Lazy River does not require that you have a float. You can just jump in and swim whenever you want.

There is a kiosk selling floats. They have several sizes available at varying prices. Roughly $7 to $20, I think.

The kiosk has an air pressure hose to fill up the floats. If you bring your own float from home (or purchased off-site) they will fill it for you for free.

If you get lucky enough, you can get floats donated to you by guests leaving as many do not take them home (too large to use as a neck pillow in an airplane).

Are the floats rentable for more than a day? I may just bring my own, but I don't know if I want to pack one or not. Maybe find a dollar store selling them and just leave them there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter